One of Blue Vex's passions

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

oh, boo-fuckin-hoo tyldis
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
AliStaiR
plummets to its death

Post by AliStaiR »

i say no, specialy the m3 bla bla bla shit sucks :(
Gekkehuis !
Repsaj
as long as it's salty..

Post by Repsaj »

O come on.. The m4 with lesser bullets? Maybe u have forgotten about the spread and the recoil? It is not too powerful.

The mp5 has no recoil more bullets and less spread. The reason it is not used, is because the headshot does not kill "instantly" like the m4 does so it is a more mid- to long-range weapon type.

M3 with a long distance shot? Get out of here, it is powerful in close- and mid(not entirely)-range combat. It is this why you have TEAMPLAY so people can take some weapon and other take other weapons, so they can as a TEAM win. It's not about making a one-man-army here...

The flash light and the jumping on a person are the only reasonable options in my opinion.
Prote
is connecting

Post by Prote »

tyldis wrote:One of my ideas is to limit the M4 to one clip, unless you choose bandolier.
The M4 frenzy is one of the main reasons I'm not active anymore.
Too bad for you, I try to make others' M4 frenzy for my advantage. Shotguns are quite powerful against them if you back up a little bit. Of course I don't myself recommend using them in maps like urban where there is too much mid and long range and SSG is more useful versus M4 frenziers.

And I don't bother to play on publics too much. (Its boring :sleep: )
Prote [RK]<br />
Clan Riidankylväjät - Walrus company<br />
"What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes."
iMMortal
joined the game

Post by iMMortal »

Silencer adding 10-15% more damage to SSG, 20% is too much.
I just want to raise the damage of the Sniper Rifle so much that a Kevlar hit will kill, but a leg shot still wont.

Well. if you do that? how can you ever protect from a sniper again? some snipers have crazy aim, impossible to get away from. and the only thing that protects you are the kevlar, and if you think about it. most people hit kevlar/chest. so i say that was a stupid suggestion after my oppinion ... but the rest of the ideas was great! :)
Server admin for the Tyldum servers:<br /><br />
Ip:<br /><br />
clan.tyldum.com<br /><br />
public.tyldum.com<br /><br />
Keep Tyldum alive!
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

tyldis wrote:One of my ideas is to limit the M4 to one clip, unless you choose bandolier.
I assume by 'one clip' you mean the clip that is already loaded into the M4. I thought about that aswell. No extra clips for M4. Would'nt mind seeing how that would play out. Mostly to try and get people to discover different strategies.
Repsaj wrote:M3 with a long distance shot? Get out of here, it is powerful in close- and mid(not entirely)-range combat.
M3 can't compete with M4. Even in xmas, a map that favours close range weapons, M4+Lasersight is just as good as M3. To be honest, I believe my slug idea for the M3 is going to be useless. I'm trying to give a rebirth to the M3. As it says, you either hate it or love it. :)
iMMortal wrote:Well. if you do that? how can you ever protect from a sniper again? some snipers have crazy aim, impossible to get away from.
And some sprayers have "crazy" aim aswell, and a sniper with Silencer is vulnerable to chest damage.
Also, if you play with Sniper+Bandolier, you're going to die if you get hit by a sniper in the chest. Would'nt that be the same as if you had Kevlar, and a sniper with Silencer hit you in it? You die in both examples. Only difference is that the Kevlar is useless, while the Bandolier served some other purpose.
But who knows, you might be right. I'm eager to see how it would play out.

Thanks for the feedback. :)
Btw, I actually have a talented coder now.
Last edited by Blue Vex on Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steinar "Blue Vex" Furuli
I snipe with my Pistol, and your Rifle.
Falzzi
is connecting

Post by Falzzi »

My idea

Silent gear : Silencer and Slipper in the same package. It would make m4 and mp5 almost equal. And you could kill those nasty m4's in a higher level (my problem really , they always get me from above :) ). This would also make snipers more effective in small maps. No more "m4 rushing and killing the helpless sniper" -scene (always hear me when i try to escape.). I've waited this for the whole time i've played aq2 (no-one knows me really :D) . I've fantasised about a day when all weapons would be almost equal.

My vision, only.
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

I agree, a 'sneaky kit' woul be really cool.
fell in love with the game
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

Silent gear : Silencer and Slipper in the same package
I thought about this, but I came down to having Stealth Slippers and Silencer seperated. I'd rather keep some item diversity and try to balance them out, instead of putting them together and have them balaced that way.
When you're using the Silencer, your footsteps will give you away. So to use the Silencer efficiently you will have to walk alot (which is sort of a disadvantage taken speed into consideration). That's why I came up with the idea to give weapons used with the Silencer a boost to the spread. The more stationary you are, the better the spread. So whenever you're walking, you get a better spread than people walking without Silencer would have, but never as good a spread as you would get with a Lasersight. This comes at the cost of bullet damage. It's realistic aswell. Silencers lengthen the barrel of the gun (=accuracy), which decreases some sort of crap-I-cant-remember-the-name-of so that the bullet has less hitting power. Besides, this makes up for the Silencer beeing useless when you've been spottet.

I tried to solve some of the problems with Stealth Slippers, aswell as giving them a little purpose when people can see you. As with the Silencer, Stealth Slippers are as of now useless whenever the enemy has you in sight. I would'nt mind beeing able to instantly switch to my Pistol after delivering a shot with the Sniper Rifle, and keep shooting with the Pistol untill I can shoot with the Snipe Rifle again (intense, but possible, just like in Action Half-Life). [Edit] Ok, that weapon switching part shouldn't work ofcourse. I got a bit carried away. [/Edit]

Thanks for your feedback. :)
Last edited by Blue Vex on Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Falzzi
is connecting

Post by Falzzi »

What about stealth slippers , silencer AND silent gear ?
Maybe the stealth gear would only carry 1 clip , so it wouldn't be unfair.
The sniper thing sounds cool. Also faster gun switching would be a nice thing to try (not like in hl, but a little faster).
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

What about stealth slippers , silencer AND silent gear ?
Trying to keep the A-Teams ideology with AQ2, theres only need for one type of Silencer, and one pair of Slippers.. :/
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

tbh blue, i liked the stealth kit with both items better then ur whole post :wee:
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
Reptilee
is connecting

Post by Reptilee »

all we need:

-akimbos with lasers

-hc should do more damage. something over 1000(nowadays its just a toy).

-useless items could be better

-m4 not so good
Gen
was flattened

Re: One of Blue Vex's passions

Post by Gen »

Blue Vex wrote:Hello fellow AQ2'ers.

-Introduce bullet prediction.

-Introduce a sv_pure feature, like in Quake3.

-Fix a rare bug where a fresh Sniper Rifle will come with 5 rounds instead of 6.

-Fix a bug that occurs when reloading the Sniper Rifle in a specific way.

The 6th bullet can be loaded alot faster than it should.

-Fix the bug where youre able to drop two weapons if you drop your weapon the moment you die.

-Fix the bug where youre able to drop your knife as an observer when you enter a server.

-Fix the bug where if you WALK (cl_run 0) either forward or backwards and strafe at the same time, you emit step sounds.

I hate this. If you want to walk properly in AQ2, you have to move in a funny way.
-Fix a bug that occurs when drop Sniper Rifle (eg: alias 1x "lens1;sens1" alias dropweap "drop weapon;1x" then change the pistol mode to semi-automatic mode)
Blue Vex wrote:Hello fellow AQ2'ers.
-With the 'radio' cmd, make it possible to play sound files with names different from the usual radio sound files found in the ..\action\sound\male\ and female\ folder.
As it is now, you cant make your own sound with the name 'snapple.wav' and make it work in-game with the 'radio' cmd.
You have to replace one of the sound files in your ..\action\sound\male\ or female\ folder.
I think that not is a good idea.. maybe you can play sounds like die or broke legs or someting.

-for m3 make its shells bounces in the walls.

-watch the weapons like rq3... with items.. like mp5 with silencer or laser... you can see the laser and silencer

-smoke grenade

-run slower when run with sniper rifle zoomed..
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

-akimbos with lasers
I'm pretty sure that would make Akimbo Pistols way too good. There wouldnt be any reason to use a single Pistol whenever you could go Akimbo. As of now a single Pistol offers more movement when equipped with a Lasersight, and more versatility with it's semi mode ability.
If you just want to sit down and increase the rate of fire at the cost of your movement, you can go Akimbo.
-hc should do more damage. something over 1000(nowadays its just a toy).
One tricky part with the HC is getting close to your enemies. How about if you could run a bit faster whenever you held the HC in your hands? It's pretty much impossible to balance the HC on large & open maps, but it could be come overpowered on small maps if it received a bonus like this.
-useless items could be better
Did you read my suggestions? :)
-m4 not so good
How? I believe with my suggested weapon buffs, more weapons will be used. Thus making the M4 ok as it is.
I think that not is a good idea.. maybe you can play sounds like die or broke legs or someting.
I know you missunderstood when I read this. :)
What I mean is a serious clan could make up their own radio sound files without having to replace the original ones. Then they would make sure everyone in the clan had their clan-radio sounds, because if you dont have the sound, you wont hear the sound.
For example, everyone in your clan could have their own unique reporting in sound file. "Blue Vex reporting!", "Gen reporting!", "Reptilee reporting!", etc. ;)
-watch the weapons like rq3... with items.. like mp5 with silencer or laser... you can see the laser and silencer
I wouldnt mind since it doesnt affect balance and I play with hand 2.
-smoke grenade
Trying to keep the A-Teams ideology with AQ2, theres only need for one type of Grenade.
-run slower when run with sniper rifle zoomed..
Although realistic, this would make the Sniper Rifle weaker. I don't think the majority of snipers would enjoy this at all. Gameplay over realism, always. :)

Thans for your time and feedback.