ACTION UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2003

Talk about your favourite video-games and modifications here.

Moderator: Moderators

Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

yet this little "neat feature" makes for the only long-time playable shootemup ever. AQ2 that is. action for the people! There are already enough Counterstrike clones, and none of them seems to do any difference anyway. Íf you want speedy games, play quakesource games. If you want slow games, play other source games. If you want a realistic game though, I'd say you stick to Ghost Recon or some other Tom Clancy game.

Can anyone explain to me what it is that makes CS so big? I still haven't got that "it" that makes it the most popular game in the world.
fell in love with the game

Post by Guest »

I call them morons based of what I've read. They've written some stupid things and they can't take critisism (At least not what I've seen)

They only post shit in their forums and flame newbies. As soon as someone mentions the word strafe-jumping they go bananas :(
Flunx
feels some chest pain
In-game Name: iN Flunx

Post by Flunx »

"Log me on automatically each visit" my ass!#¤%&

Anyway!

Couldn't agree more with you there Jazzie. And I just don't get what makes CS so popular either. Maybe because of it's newbie friendliness?

AQ2 isn't very friendly to newbies.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Yeh aq2 is still the best mod out there when it comes to gameplay.

I used to find CS very fun to play, when they just released it. I think the community made it no fun anymore, too much lamers, cheaters etc therefore i dont play it anymore.

hey hey nothing bad about Ghost Recon! :) I love that game, so much fun when you play in a lan. co-op is still one of the best modes ever! Too bad they hardly add it to games these days.

Can anyone explain to me what it is that makes CS so big? I still haven't got that "it" that makes it the most popular game in the world.
well the CS world is kinda the same as our world, the weapons, maps, sounds, workin as a team, the whole terrorist blowing up things thing. All these things happen in this world too. I think most ppl find this fantastic :P Plus its the best 'accessible' realistic shooter after action quake, its has a great comminity, x maps, custom things, big leagues \ lans and it gets help from a professional game developer, Valve. The list goes on :)
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

True Combat anyone?
I don't give a shit.
Flunx
feels some chest pain

Post by Flunx »

Den wrote:
By the looks of it this mod will be another CS clone. Slow and too realistic
You really have no clue what the 'action' means in aq2/ahl/aut2k3 do you? They diddnt want to create an ultra realistic game like CS, UrT but a game with movie style action and fun gameplay.

That's why I said it. They don't think jumping from rooftop to rooftop while shoting people is very action alike (and with action I mean action movie). In AQ2 you see snipers jumping from roof to roof all the time, by using strafe-jumping. And if jumping from rooftop to rooftop isn't very action alike.. well I don't know what movie The Matrix and countless others are.

My point is this game looks like it will be slow. And there is no action in without speed :(

That's one of the reasons that I play AQ2. It's 10 times as fast as CS.

And I hope that you can hit exactly where you aim with the sniper without having to stand still in AUT2k3. I don't think there's any other Multiplayer FPS game you can do that except AQ2. If you know of another game where you can do that.. let me know :)
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
evilwallpaper
is connecting

hax

Post by evilwallpaper »

Why the f#ck is this hud so ugly. Yuck
CHPX is doing the hud and i like it :) but its still only the start of it.

ye and why is the blood green?
thats an old screenshot taken from when they were just focusing on the code more than the graphics. the models and the levels in the screenies are just place holders to test the code on those aswell.

I've lost interest to this mod after I've seen how complete morons some of the developers are.

By the looks of it this mod will be another CS clone. Slow and too realistic.
action is fast gameplay like its allways been :roll:

lots more newer stuff at http://www.aut2k3.com/ now

Post by Guest »

Is it just me or does those hands look kinda.. ehr.. missplaced?

It doesn't look right for some reason. Try holding two guns in front of you like in those screens. My arms are straight forward.

What do you think?
Flunx
feels some chest pain

Post by Flunx »

*above is me*
ToMMics
found a way out

Post by ToMMics »

which aq2 player cares about the graphics ? its all about the gameplay !
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

ToMMics wrote:which aq2 player cares about the graphics ? its all about the gameplay !

:hail:
^stric^
Hirchart
blew itself up
In-game Name: Hirchart

Post by Hirchart »

ToMMics wrote:which aq2 player cares about the graphics ? its all about the gameplay !
really agree with that
Your favorite asshole in AQ2 since '99
amnesty
is connecting

Post by amnesty »

blah, 2k3 sucks anyway... ut kicks ass
Span
sank like a rock

Post by Span »

Den wrote:To be honest, i think this mod will be one of the best mods for aut2k, because The A-team (creators of the action series) know how to create a good mod.
Actually, only one member from the original Aq2 team is still part of it. ;)
"fifan va lätt!"