Autumncup'04

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Alien
plummets to its death

Autumncup'04

Post by Alien »

Incoming: new cup! Spring Cup'04 was nice cup. This will be the big brother. Rules can be found here:

http://personal.inet.fi/cool/aln/autumncup.txt

Channel: #Aq2cups @ qnet

And who don't know what the Spring Cup was, check this:

http://personal.inet.fi/cool/aln/springcup.txt

BTW. I didn't know where to put this :)
vader
is connecting

:)

Post by vader »

loove teh cups :shocker:
vaDah - Part of admin team (United Admins)
grov
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by grov »

Hate cups :#:
im a fakenicker :(
grov, rolf, penna buaäääÄ!!!
Zpid0r
is connecting

??

Post by Zpid0r »

Maby i would be fun to play a cup never tryed =P
Ness
is connecting

Post by Ness »

Hi Alien,

I'm part of the aq2 clan Drg (from Chile). I was wondering if its possible for us to participate in the cup, just for heck of it because our ping would be really crapy hahah, but anyways, I would like to know if this is possible and what do we have to do :D

peace out
Alien
plummets to its death

Post by Alien »

Hi.

Of course it is, you just have to play both maps in finnish server if another clan won't accept 1 both or something.

TO JOIN: come to #Aq2cups and privatemessage me (Alieni) and give me these information: Shadow Crusaders - 'sC - http://crusaders.servequake.com/ - Yhteyshenkilö(t): Alien - #Clan'sC @ Qnet - Airport ||| Clan Name - Tag - pages - Contact persons - IRC Channel - MAP

I'm sorry about that rule, but it's because we get more clans, easier to make this faster (these cups are usually just4fun, not so serious, only the finals are serious :) And there can't be fair and fun cups if it's 1 map each or something untill we all have 10000000000 Gbit connections.

Why I informate to Aq2world then? If _YOU_ want to join and accept the rules, it's easier to join. This could be finnish only too, think about it.

And sorry my bad english :> And I watched FIN against Team Canada, little bit tired :)
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

Nice idea Ness!
I haven't thinked on it. But it would be funny.
I will try to convince GoD to join too. But with a european player, though.

Caracol
Ne quid nimis.
ToMMics
found a way out

Post by ToMMics »

weird mappool
Alien
plummets to its death

Post by Alien »

Map pool depends of joining clans. Everybody takes 1 map which goes to map pool, then we randomize maps there to matches.
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

What's the difference between finish only and both maps at finish server? Kinda stupid rule..
Alien
plummets to its death

Post by Alien »

Cup is full: 32/32

6 foreign clans. 26 finnish clans.

MAP-POOL: Airport, Rok, 187city, Sludge1, Junkke2, Cloud, Time, wargroun, citygate, Urban4, mesto, plaza3, plaza2, downtown, border, Cloud2, pier, tokyo, aqnitro, country
bomba2, Urban2, wizs, Urban3, monastery, cliff2, Deepcanyon, Riot, Silitex2, jungle1, ferron, urban

Dunno when this starts. 1-2 days maybe.
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

AssKick3r wrote:What's the difference between finish only and both maps at finnish server?
These are your two alternatives:
A(finnish servers only): Non-Finnish clans may participate.
B(finnish only): Non-Finnish clans may not participate.

Upon first look, A and B look very much the same (if you ask them you want icecreamcone, both of them say yes). But if we dig deep into these sentences, we see that there is a 'not' hidden in alternative B. This means that the two sentences are different. Therefore, the two alternatives are different.
So the difference lies in the word not.
QED
fell in love with the game
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Thanks for telling me, but if u weren't from scandinavia u would know that there's not much difference.
Sure there's rule if finnish clan agrees on 1 map each server it's ok, but which finnish clan would do that :(
Anyway, have fun with it.
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

remember, that if you happen to face a non-finnish clan, being one yourselves, you could play on a server that suits you better :)
and the ones that aren't such mustwin-clans (like UNi, i'd say) will agree to play one map each, if they could play on your server with somekinda pings :P all hope isn't lost for you haven't even begun :P
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

imeiz wrote: and the ones that aren't such mustwin-clans (like UNi, i'd say) will agree to play one map each, if they could play on your server with somekinda pings
Harr! Joke of the day!