MOVIE: Highlights with M.I - NAQL

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

arild
loses a vital chest organ

MOVIE: Highlights with M.I - NAQL

Post by arild »

Well, since this forum has reopen i can post it here as well. A few weeks ago I released my second aq2 movie called Highlights with M.I - NAQL.

The best highlights has been taked out and edited in this movie. Anyways, the file takes about 330mb and are around 22 min long. Enjoy.

Also added a poll so you can rate the movie. I would like some feedback. Not just, "that movie sux lol..." real feedback so i know what i can work on to make my next movie better.

http://kirjasto.org/medar/tmp/15215-hig ... yarild.rar

Mobile Infantrys homepage: http://www.mobile-infantry.org

IRC channel: #mi @ quakenet

-Arild
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

my only quarrel is that they are too long.

highlights should be highlights, not half the match :)

try to be more selective with your clips (not that i have seen it, just u said it was 20mins and i feel its just way too long to sit and watch summat i wanna play). admittedly this can be hard, when there's so much u wanna fit in but hey :)

im sure u would be really good at making an aq2 movie movie tho :)

ur work seems decent (yes i have seen some of ur shit :p)
I don't give a shit.
arild

Post by arild »

hmz. we totally played 12-14 matches. all of them 4vs4 or 5vs5. the matches were played 4*15.

the playoff matches i tried to keep around 3 min long... which is 45s from each map. split 45 on 4 or 5... so its like 9-12s per player each map. not that much according to me :p

-Arild
z0
plummets to its death

Post by z0 »

Better than the first but still a bit "messy" :)

If you make another movie try to arange the frags a bit better otherwise it was pretty entertaining ;)

Keep up the good work
fraki
joined the game

Post by fraki »

well, movie is "ok" but the gfx arent that good and it gets boring after a while, ur using the standard sound which is used by the most game movies.

if u want to see a good aq2 movie try the Qc Quaddro Cows movie made by degreen last year.

http://bodyshop.telefragged.com/telefra ... /qc_hm.rar
arild

Post by arild »

I saw that one a year ago. And what is wrong with standard sounds ?

I have always played with everything standard. sounds, weapons and skins. And what do u mean with the gfx ? whats wrong with it ?

-Arild
fraki
joined the game

Post by fraki »

i mean the backround mp3s, download 10 random q3 movies and u will find the same mp3s u used, and the standart aq2 gfx are boring, try adobe premiere for some interesting styles
arild

Post by arild »

well. no thx
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

It's a great movie arild, but it's clear that you've faked it somehow seeing how I die like 20 times.. that has never happened! :)
arild

Post by arild »

tihi :)

-Arild
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

http://bodyshop.telefragged.com/telefra ... /qc_hm.rar <- No offense to whoever it was who made it but that's about the largest pile of crap I've ever seen :P If arild's movie is a bit messy all the effects in that movie makes it more messy than god knows what. It could be cool to use some effects now and then, but all the time? It looks a bit like my first powerpoint presentation. I included all the effects I could find and the result was a mess.

Too arild. I think it's a nice movie. Much better than your last one. Hope the next one (If you're making one) will be even better :)
fell in love with the game