New map: Annecy

Forum for all new beta and released maps!

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

flz
joined the game

Post by flz »

looks good, maps are not using these "spiderwebs" very often ? 8)
birdie
tried to put the pin back in

Post by birdie »

flz wrote:looks good, maps are not using these "spiderwebs" very often ? 8)
Heh, it was like 'must-to-put-it-somewhere!' ;)
When the dove came..
NeoFight
found a way out

Post by NeoFight »

Bandwidth quota has been exceeded. The web site would work again after 12 hours. Members are given an initial bandwidth quota of 1000 MB monthly.

We offer our members unlimited bandwidth. Unlimited bandwidth is granted to sites that are not used primarily for storage, image-only sites, and hotlinking. To request unlimited bandwidth please contact technical support with your web site URL. Unlimited bandwidth is given under the complete discretion of technical support.

LOL? :P
birdie

Post by birdie »

Yeh.. But it's just the screenies :)
When the dove came..
NeoFight
found a way out

Post by NeoFight »

I saw that now downloaded the map and gonna check it out :)

EDIT: I just played the map it is a nice map hope it will be played in public servers it nice for I think 5on5 max?
Last edited by NeoFight on Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

I don't know anything about these so-called r_speeds. But since I thought it was a quite neat map, however most hastily made (there are a lot of errors), I thought I could check them out.

At the corner by the small field of grass there are r_speeds bordering onto 3000. As mesto has 2000 I assume that this is a bit too much, and that people will have performance problems.

Please, I don't know what I'm talking about, so fill me in here if you have any brains.

lightning-edit: If you stand in the corner alongside the water the r_speeds are approximately 3150.
fell in love with the game
birdie

Post by birdie »

Jazzie wrote:I don't know anything about these so-called r_speeds. But since I thought it was a quite neat map, however most hastily made (there are a lot of errors), I thought I could check them out.

At the corner by the small field of grass there are r_speeds bordering onto 3000. As mesto has 2000 I assume that this is a bit too much, and that people will have performance problems.

Please, I don't know what I'm talking about, so fill me in here if you have any brains.

lightning-edit: If you stand in the corner alongside the water the r_speeds are approximately 3150.

Yeh.. R speeds raises up to 3000 very easily when you have large outdoor areas.

But r speeds aren't so big problem novadays since ppl have better machines etc.

3000 is too much, I agree.

And what comes to errors (bugs?) I'm too lazy to fix every possible texture/brushproblem :)
When the dove came..
L4nt0m
plummets to its death

Post by L4nt0m »

Well, jazzie, this is just a huge weird kinda bug:

The design is nice though, but because all of those transparant things, its just unplayable for ppl who play aq2 in software mode...
birdie

Post by birdie »

L4nt0m wrote:Well, jazzie, this is just a huge weird kinda bug:
Strange.. I guess software don't support func_walls

L4nt0m wrote: The design is nice though, but because all of those transparant things, its just unplayable for ppl who play aq2 in software mode...
Unfortunately true
When the dove came..
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Software omg :) you can have my old gf2 if u want :P
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
osiris
plummets to its death

Post by osiris »

this map looks like fun :)
for some strange reasons i had no textures for the sky and the saloon-bar thingie
--- no need for a signature ---
birdie

Post by birdie »

osiris wrote:this map looks like fun :)
for some strange reasons i had no textures for the sky and the saloon-bar thingie
http://www.geocities.com/pulunautti/projektit/wtime.zip

Extract to quake2/action/env/

Dunno about those saloon textures, they should be like correct.
When the dove came..
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

L4nt0m wrote:The design is nice though, but because all of those transparant things, its just unplayable for ppl who play aq2 in software mode...
whoo, someone else playing with SW :) i really think mapmakers should think about softers too, i mean, none of the classic maps have problems, but they are played more than any others :)

in any case, looks good. good job, and keep it going :)
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

birdie wrote: Strange.. I guess software don't support func_walls
Yes it does, and why did you put an func_wall there anyway? func_walls are mainly used in game as for example force fields in vanilla q2. I.e. walls that you can turn on/off with a trigger...

Jumping through the map I've spotted: terrible r_speeds, misaligned textures, missing textures, corrupted brushes (my guess is that you're either a Qoole user and have saved alot, or that you don't use the grid), and overlapping brushes.

I don't know if you haven't spotted these, or if you just don't care, but designwise this map really isn't the best one out there... :m00: