HighRes Textures Problems

Forum for anything hard- or software related.

Moderator: Moderators

Den
something dur dur

HighRes Textures Problems

Post by Den »

Ive heard alot of ppl complain about this. they cant get it to work yak yak.

This is a lil help file for the guys/girls who cant get it to work

Most files are compressed with zip/rar, u need to install Winzip or Winrar in order to extract the files from the archives (files).

You dont know if the file is rar or zip? Simple: right-mouse click on the file -> properties

Winzip: http://www.winzip.com

Winrar: http://www.rarlab.com

Once you got the programs, u need to extract the files into ur action dir (quake2/action/). Make sure u dont make any subdirs in ur action dir. i.e: quake2/action/action or quake2/action/mapname/ if this happens copy the .pak files from the dirs into ur action dir (quake2/action/).

Since nocheat doesnt support 'q3 pak loading' (not yet), u need to check the filename of the files u just extracted. q3 pak loading means u can use any name for pak files but with the extension .pak / .pk3

i.e: Cloud-TGA.pak

Nocheat still has the normal q2 pak loading system meaning the filename of the pak, needs to contain the following things: pak#.pak. for # u can use a number from 0 upto 99

i.e: i just extracted a pak file named Cloud-TGA.pak. Now i will check how many pak files im using in my action dir (4) ok now rename the file to pak5.pak

Now u have to change a setting in ur config. look for the line with: set vid_ref "gl" change it to set vid_ref "ncgl". This will change ur Default OpenGL mode to NoCheat OpenGL. This will give u couple new features like celshading, coloredlightmaps, 32bit TGA and JPEG texture replacement support etc.

Finished! should work now.. try it. if it doesnt read the text below.

----

Ive had another problem with prev. nocheat versions ( < nc 2.34 ) . i couldnt load the hightextures :/ the problem was i enabled '8-bit texture' in video menu. if u got the same problem disable it or change it in ur config. look for the line with: set gl_ext_palettedtexture "1" and change the 1 to 0.

----

:) sorry for the bad english, i just woke up and need my daily 'rub' from morpher
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know