Grenaaade!

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

... : ) So you cant turn it on I assume then? : ) And I can sorta understand they're prohibited when it fucks up the game : )
A good discussion is like a miniskirt; long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to pertain interest
//Splinter
quba
plummets to its death

Post by quba »

Grenades are ok. Newayz the use of 'em is kinda up to the map you are playing. For example sludge1 is a good map to use them :) Believe it or not.
KrapYl
joined the game

Post by KrapYl »

i remember the old boomtown servers, one was with FF and nades, and another was without...

personally i dont like the idea of any aq2 grenade anywhere... i hate them... but, if u do decide that we need nades(and it seems we do need, judging by people), please. In country's(read ISP's) with multiple servers, let 1 be with, and another be without !!! oh, and wether its 1 or 2, or TNG dmg or CLASSIC dmg, doesnt really change that much...
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

If tgren is 2, two players will get the same amount of grenades that four players would have gotten if it was tgren 1. Two players alone can nuke an area completelly if they both have 2 grenades to use. Especially if its use_classic 0.
I had this experience once. A player on my team used grenades, and ofcourse it was tgren 2 with use_classic 0. Each round he fragged one to three players without any trouble. His first grenade would either kill someone, or hurt them badly enough for the next grenade to get the kills. With this happening all the time he typed to our team "OMFG! I'm fragging people like hell with grenades!". This, coupled with how my team could see for themselves how many kills he got, made two of my teammates select grenades aswell. What they did can be best described as nuking.
Ofcourse at that point the enemy started choosing grenades themselves, and I had to undergo the same nuking as they had been doing. When so many people are throwing grenades, tgren 1 or 2 will count alot, because it will mean 50% less grenades. Six people with 2 grenades each = 12 grenades. Take 50% away from 12, and you have 6 grenades. Thats alot.
Steinar "Blue Vex" Furuli
I snipe with my Pistol, and your Rifle.
ZeeZ
is connecting

Post by ZeeZ »

Yes granates can frag, and yes you have to change your strategi when granates are ON and that how it should be :rambo:

I have noticed that the most commen weapons players use is sniper rifel and M4. Other weapons are not used much, why is that ?

Teamjungle, cliff2 and maps like that, is ideal for snipers while actcity2 and e.g beer motivates to use other weapons (HC/M3/MP5) in close combat.

Often it is the same 2-3 maps played over and over again. Why is that. Because people are stuck with one stragegy and one weapon and likes only to play maps that favours that.

So, lets get nades back !

[BiA]ZeeZ
Nozaki
blew up

Post by Nozaki »

ZeeZ wrote:I have noticed that the most commen weapons players use is sniper rifel and M4. Other weapons are not used much, why is that ?
I seldom use anything but m3.... but that is me, and i'm not normal... :P
blood inside....
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

Same here, dont like throwing my mp5 away : )
A good discussion is like a miniskirt; long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to pertain interest
//Splinter
impressiVe
found a way out

Post by impressiVe »

yah mp5 rulz :D
Ohlolol fragged again :/
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

If you're new to the game, then yes, M4 and Sniper are the best weapons in AQ2. However, a map will define what weapons are the best. You could survive with M4 through every map, but personally I prefer some diversity. For example MP5 in teamjungle and cliff2, M3 in cloud. MP5 in cliff2 is very underestimated. I often shoot a full M4 clip on some guy far away, hitting almost nothing. With MP5 this never happens. M3 in cloud requires a different playstyle from playing with M4. M3 in general requires a different playstyle from the other weapons. Once you learn the game, you might stumble over the forgotten M3 playstyle. :)
Steinar "Blue Vex" Furuli
I snipe with my Pistol, and your Rifle.
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

grenades in aq2 is a pain in the ass, and they suck.
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
erdie
is connecting

Post by erdie »

love 'em
especially the TNG power gren's :)
peep
plummets to its death

Post by peep »

grenades pwn! :clown:
you don't need a reason to help people..
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

HAIL TO THE SOCK!
I don't give a shit.
minchiano
bleeds to death

Post by minchiano »

Blue Vex wrote:Once you learn the game, you might stumble over the forgotten M3 playstyle. :)
Not likely to happen. That style of play died with Mistywortex (RIP)
Back when I actually had a bind saying Don't fuck with Shotgun Messiah! Ahhh memories... :(
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

minchiano wrote:Not likely to happen. That style of play died with Mistywortex (RIP)
Back when I actually had a bind saying Don't f#ck with Shotgun Messiah! Ahhh memories... :(
Ehh... I play with m3/hc almost 50% of the time/maps... and I love it :)