Time - leaving the past - [NEW MAP]

Forum for all new beta and released maps!

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Time - leaving the past - [NEW MAP]

Post by WizardExt »

A new version of Time is released. Most of the bugs and errors are gone and I also gave it a little face-lift with new textures, details and lightning. Hope you like it. Have fun!

Download here!

I hope admins are updating their servers and map archives asap. Thanks!
Last edited by WizardExt on Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beavisss
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Beavisss »

Kewl! I like the lighting! Keep it going dood :)
R1CH
joined the game

Post by R1CH »

You should really change the .bsp name - eg time-v2.bsp so that you don't get half the servers using an old version and half the players using a new version. I guarantee you will have people getting problems otherwise :).
MarlPoro
melted

Post by MarlPoro »

Nice job Wizman BD I'm contacting Pelitutka's GameMaster at this very moment to get the servers updated, hope every other servers also update asap B>
MarlPoro / Anxiety
Thanks for reading
Repsaj
as long as it's salty..

Post by Repsaj »

Ye i hope this will fix the littlebugs im getting. Please admins upload this version :)
NeoFight
found a way out

Post by NeoFight »

Looks damn nice Wizard :D
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

Weeeee nice David, i will upload it at my servers later today.
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
MysteryMan
plummets to its death

Post by MysteryMan »

R1CH wrote:You should really change the .bsp name - eg time-v2.bsp so that you don't get half the servers using an old version and half the players using a new version. I guarantee you will have people getting problems otherwise :).
Ye I agree... It's a pain in the ass to sort things out with all the different versions. Just rename the maps and make them a bit different from the old version, like more hallways or some new buildings. I remember when there were 2 different versions of the map moutain.... I think I actually asked 4 times if the map could be replaced.... 1 half was saying the old version was the right one... the other half was saying the newer version was the right one.

Anyways, Rename then in the future, saves a lot of trouble ;)

Greetz,
MysteryMan
Founder of AQ2admins
Http://mysteryman.z0r.nl/aq2/
Repsaj
as long as it's salty..

Post by Repsaj »

MysteryMan wrote: Ye I agree... It's a pain in the ass to sort things out with all the different versions. Just rename the maps and make them a bit different from the old version, like more hallways or some new buildings. I remember when there were 2 different versions of the map moutain.... I think I actually asked 4 times if the map could be replaced.... 1 half was saying the old version was the right one... the other half was saying the newer version was the right one.

Anyways, Rename then in the future, saves a lot of trouble ;)

Greetz,
Erm f#ck new buildings and hallways?!?! Keep it like it is!

Btw can anyone verify if the U_REMOVE bug has been removed? It would be very much appreciated.
nemesis
sank like a rock

Post by nemesis »

I LOVE IT. Looks so fucking l33th4x0r. Can't find anything bad about it. <3 New version updated to DuraWorks clanservers 08:43 this morning. ;)
· clan Survival · #clansurvival @ IRCNet/QuakeNet, /msg Neme^ · www.lahtela.com/survival · AQ2Suomi admin, AQ2World moderator and a member of AQ2Admins
JezeT
found a way out
In-game Name: JezeT

Post by JezeT »

Looks nice. Must dload it when i get back home and see that does it drop my fps more than the original...
It's like deja vu all over again...
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Re: New version: Time - leaving the past

Post by Da^JuaN »

I've asked the real server admin of DA Main to upload the new version

This release looks cool, i was wondering.. i just found that "i love Jennie", have you just add that or was that on the previous release too?
R1CH
joined the game

Post by R1CH »

Repsaj wrote:Btw can anyone verify if the U_REMOVE bug has been removed? It would be very much appreciated.
I gave some feedback on this issue - the original map had waaay too many brush models, and combined with some misused hint brushes and the entire map being the PVS this resulted in too many entities visible at once. All the stuff that shouldn't be a brush model (crates, railings, grass, etc) is now a solid brush in this version which should greatly reduce bandwidth usage, lag and will hopefully be rid of this error. It also helps if the server is running the latest release of R1Q2 as I have optimized how bmodels and other static objects are sent over the net, requiring only 2 bytes per model instead of 10+.
Repsaj
as long as it's salty..

Post by Repsaj »

R1CH wrote:.......[technical english].......
Is that a good thing? :uhm:
stiffy
sank like a rock

Post by stiffy »

Great job Wiz, keep it up!
}i{ stiffy - http://i.aq2.net - #clan.illusion