Editing Profile 2

Let us know your suggestions and comments and we will look at it.

Moderator: Moderators

ToMMics
found a way out

Editing Profile 2

Post by ToMMics »

since you have deleted the original profile.php of phpbb2, how do i upload a new avatar? ^^
Serpent
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by Serpent »

http://www.aq2world.com/?p=editprofile and there's field: "External Avatar:" where you may type the url i think...
Serpent
• Moderator of AQ2Suomi • 4Ðm!n ov AQ2 Liiga •
gegoj
tried to put the pin back in

Post by gegoj »

Yes serpent, but it keeps displaying Your avatar is too big.
There is a different page that only edits your forum profile, but the moderators have removed the link and locked the thread where the link was posted (they say the page is under construction... or so they did couple of weeks back).
ToMMics
found a way out

Post by ToMMics »

ahh fine. for me it worked :)

thx
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

gegoj wrote:Yes serpent, but it keeps displaying Your avatar is too big
Isn't that just because your avatar IS too big? The height of your avatar is 100, while it's stated in the rules that the max size is 90x90 pixels...
Diivil
joined the game

Post by Diivil »

Since this is about the profile.. Why on earth everytime you edit your profile, the site adds <br/ > to your signature? :] In the places where <br> is supposed to be. But it's visible and thus does nothing.
C
gegoj
tried to put the pin back in

Post by gegoj »

NRGizeR wrote:Isn't that just because your avatar IS too big? The height of your avatar is 100, while it's stated in the rules that the max size is 90x90 pixels...
Last time I've tried uploading my avatar I used one of existing avatars on this forum as template for size and format (I think it was Jazzie's Mark Twain). 100x100 didn't work, 90x90 didn't work and 80x80 didn't work, so I don't think the actual size is the problem.
Maybe this has already been fixed, but I'm not the one who's going to test this q: .
ganjaman
was flattened

Post by ganjaman »

Diivil wrote:Since this is about the profile.. Why on earth everytime you edit your profile, the site adds <br/ > to your signature? :] In the places where <br> is supposed to be. But it's visible and thus does nothing.

i think <br/ > is for XHTML, maybe ur browser or woot doesn't support it..
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

Everybody has it, if you just click edit profile, after each line in your signature will be made a <br/> command
Deimos
is connecting

Post by Deimos »

El'ganja wrote:
Diivil wrote:Since this is about the profile.. Why on earth everytime you edit your profile, the site adds <br/ > to your signature? :] In the places where <br> is supposed to be. But it's visible and thus does nothing.

i think <br/ > is for XHTML, maybe ur browser or woot doesn't support it..
A while ago, they decided not to go on with HTML and let it be.. Instead of HTML xHTML came in.. In xhtml 1.0 you should close every tag you open, so that's why the / is there..

<br /> is for xhtml 1.0 (advice, <br/> is not valid, there needs to be a space between the tag it self and the / so in this case it would be <br />)

xhtml 1.0 is supported in IE 5.5 and above, the rest of the browsers seem to work fine with xhtml 1.0 though...