Siging rules

Here you can look up the old topics of the ESAQL and the Nations Cup.

Moderator: Moderators

Repsaj
as long as it's salty..

Siging rules

Post by Repsaj »

Shouldn't or are there any rules to which a clan may hold itself to sign up for this league. I'm asking this because *H (Sue me of I'm wrong) wants to join but this clan is formed by some people who have "created" a lot of clans and made them die even faster. It would be a shame if we're half way trough the eaql and half of the clans dissappear.
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

What you say is true. But you can't simply ban one clan from the league just because the creators are infamous of 1monthclans. If the EAQL is supposed to be open for everyone (at least in europe) then it should be.

Not letting the newer clans participate in the European Championship won't really make aq2 bigger. A rule should definately be needed in the case of a clan going down in the middle of the tourney. I ain't much for desining rules, but I sure know that everyone should be able to participate if they wish too.

Perhaps more than one divison could solve this. With the new clans getting to compete in a different division where it wouldn't hurt that much for the fight for the title if they went down. Perhaps the aq2 playeres could vote which clans should be represented in the main division.

But I know that several leagues means more work, more admins, more everything. Probably more trouble too.

I don't know if the rules for the EAQL are supposed to be the same as last year, but I thought that last year's rules had flaws. Even if it's better serverwise etc. it would be much more fair if clans from all europe were mixed in the groups. Last time there were european clans in some groups, and scandinavian in the rest. If you mixed the groups I could also get some answers to my supsiciousy that FInland are the uberkwäkers in europe :P I got the impression that some good scandinavian clans got beat out in the group phase.

So, have you got the rules for the 03/04 season clear or are you still working on them?

Happy to know..
fell in love with the game
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

Another point, its gonna be a groupe stage as first tho?

n then.. like the last time.. a europe groupe n a scandinavian groupe(s)?

dunno if there r even enough clans for a europe groupe atm
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

group stages... if those 'new' clans made of 1 month members lose the first few games, then they may quit.

Im all for letting everyone play, but everyone knows there are those that will join for fun with disregard to how much trouble went into setting this thing up. if they lose they dont care, they will quit. if they win they will just stay around for a few more days.

im also not one to fix up rules, so i dunno how to solve this, but summat has to be done :)
I don't give a shit.
hage
was flattened

Post by hage »

First groups were regions.

You also had a portugese group, cause they have quite high pings in the Netherlands, the UK and Germany. Would probably be worse if they have to play in finland.

In my opinion we should stick to regions, because i'm afraid we will get a lot of whining about pings since some people find it unreasonable to play with ping 50 or so.

And with regions you will keep ping differences to a minimum. In the play-offs the scandinavian clans were well represented. There were a lot of clans so more groups, is more clans in the play-offs.

But try some portugese or Italian servers and judge what will be easier.
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

Yes I understand your point hage, of course it isn't fun to play with horrible ping. Though, if the league is to show the best of the best, and only that, mixed groups would be best.

But after all it's a game, and games are supposed to be just that, fun.
fell in love with the game