Aq2-League Demos?

Official forum of the first AQ2World League.

Moderators: Moderators, AQ2World League Admins

Mutu
loses a vital chest organ

Aq2-League Demos?

Post by Mutu »

When the league is finnished, will it be a link there people can download the Demos from the Aq2-League? That would be great. Example:
-> League -> Playday1 Demos, Playday2 Demos etc, and of course the Finals :)
· Catch-Gamer.no AQ2admin
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

I think that will surely happend (well, of most of the important matches).
And about it, I think a discussion about the format should begin.
The last report (match j vs sC) had some horrid demos (of course, in my opinion), specially the one of cliff2, with those ultra speed action follows up. Besides the only-r1q2 readable format.

I think they should be made in a standard client, and in the most popular sight (which I suppose is 1st person). Of course it's nice to see some teamplay from above, but it should be made with care.
That, in the case of an "official demo of the match"... if the idea is just have a random demo recorded by someone, then there's no possible discussion; it depends on the admins (if they want or not official demos).
And no, I'm not asking perfect demos, but maybe a standard that most of us will like to watch.

Caracol
Ne quid nimis.
Mutu

Post by Mutu »

Caracol wrote:I think that will surely happend (well, of most of the important matches).
And about it, I think a discussion about the format should begin.
The last report (match j vs sC) had some horrid demos (of course, in my opinion), specially the one of cliff2, with those ultra speed action follows up. Besides the only-r1q2 readable format.

I think they should be made in a standard client, and in the most popular sight (which I suppose is 1st person). Of course it's nice to see some teamplay from above, but it should be made with care.
That, in the case of an "official demo of the match"... if the idea is just have a random demo recorded by someone, then there's no possible discussion; it depends on the admins (if they want or not official demos).
And no, I'm not asking perfect demos, but maybe a standard that most of us will like to watch.

Yeah, example, the "popular" matches, as u said, the one of the important matches. I have a demo from the NAQL, M.I - AID. I gues i have som other demo from the NAQL to. But this demo is from 2002.

Caracol
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

I will say something about this, since it came up.

1 .
Most of the matches are played without match-admins. For the format and size of this event, that's the only thing that makes it 'doable'. This means that if you want demos from the matches, ur often dependant on the demos from the players involved in a match. With AQ2World's current infrastructure and management it is impossible to create a system where all players of all clans can add their demos. However, if a person is willing to host an open ftp and archive all the demos, we would of course make that official.

About the shitty demo from the [j] vs sC match. Well, as I said in the comments, I just watched that match, or portions thereof, to see what was going on. Meanwhile, at least two dozen different people wanted something from me, so I alt-tabbed quite a bit. Only afterwards did mirror ask ME to submit my demos, which I happen to have because of autorecord. For better demos, you can ask the players involved if they want to submit their demos instead, again I will make it official then. I'm not going to specate a match purely for the audience.. it's impossible with the workload (irl) I have at the moment, and the amount of people asking me things. I will also not switch to an inferior client just because people are too lazy to try something else...
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

n99 wrote:For better demos, you can ask the players involved if they want to submit their demos instead, again I will make it official then.
http://kemal.0wns.org/files/21.4.2005.sC-j-cliff2.dm2
http://kemal.0wns.org/files/21.4.2005.j-sc-mesto.dm2

Tlx posted a thread about the league demos in aq2suomi, so here's the match from his pov.
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

Ok, you dodged this one, hehe.
(Excepting the client frisbee, that hit you in the forehead.)

Anyways, what about the important matches? Will be spectated?
In that case I'm sure someone (a div admin, me, a volunteer, whoever who wants) could take the specific task of record a standard and nice demo.

Caracol
Ne quid nimis.
Mutu

Post by Mutu »

The rules says that you must record, right? Then who's record (or another in the clan) could example send the demo to the Admins, and they could put in the League menu. "The important matches demos"
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

There are 9*5 = 45 clans participating in this league. Imagine them all talking to u to accept their demos, and u have to put them online and notify the public about the download url. No its not going to work. IF someone is willing to host a more or less public ftp, with a standard login and password to upload the demos, ill make sure everyone knows about how and where to download it. I'm certainly not going to manually add all demos from all matches myself, and I think the other division admins feel the same. I'm more than willing to try and find a solution to this problem so there is more footage, but what u suggest is not going to work...
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

MoM demos!
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
Endy
sank like a rock

Post by Endy »

lyl... I watched 2 rounds of 21.4.2005.sC-j-cliff2.dm2 ...

The first round was a rush round which sC' lost... the second was suckyspawn for [j]' ... I stopped watching after Tlx and Chief camped out a 2on1 situation with kevlars when Hawk was in suckyspawn... sigh
You think I CARE about oHms law and the red*communists, the AC in my car or the mumbojumbo clutch-type grip, the perfect silent Avalanche that later made me to realize that I don't know anythINg.
kaaos
blew itself up

Post by kaaos »

Post demos ffs :I
THEIR WHITE FLAGS ARE NO MATCH FOR OUR MACHINEGUNS