Quake II: Lost Marine

Talk about your favourite video-games and modifications here.

Moderator: Moderators

Den
something dur dur

Quake II: Lost Marine

Post by Den »

Quake 2: Lost Marine is a Total Conversion for DOOM 3. The mod is recreating the Quake 2 experience in a whole new light through it's Single Player and Multiplayer components. Our aim is to give players a whole new Quake 2 experience and not just a remake of the original. While you may experience some gameplay from the original, most of the experiences are completely new. We have done away with linear gameplay and have given the player multiple ways to deal with situations. This is Quake 2 the way we want to see Quake 2 done within the DOOM 3 engine. While many people have speculated what this project is all about, what it's intentions are, and what our goals for the project might be, we're going to distill those theories right here.

http://www.planetquake.com/meanarena/quake2_lostmarine/

You need a pretty decent pc to run this smoothly, stay away if you have something slower than a x800/6800 ;)
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
MarlPoro
melted

Post by MarlPoro »

Gotta try this one right after my 6800GT arrives :> Looks nice and I love Q2 Single Player, I've played it through like 6427 times or so.
MarlPoro / Anxiety
Thanks for reading
stiffy
sank like a rock

Post by stiffy »

With my fx5600 it looked almost worse than the basic q2, without mentioning the huge fps. :))
}i{ stiffy - http://i.aq2.net - #clan.illusion
taulutussi
blew up

Post by taulutussi »

Couldn't dl it for some reason :?
Gotta knock a little harder...
stiffy
sank like a rock

Post by stiffy »

taulutussi wrote:Couldn't dl it for some reason :?
did you scroll down and press the download link? =)=)
}i{ stiffy - http://i.aq2.net - #clan.illusion
taulutussi
blew up

Post by taulutussi »

Stiffy wrote:
taulutussi wrote:Couldn't dl it for some reason :?
did you scroll down and press the download link? =)=)
Ye, it takes me to fileplanet.com frontpage and if I search this mod there, it just displays an empty page. :shock:
Gotta knock a little harder...
W1lco
tripped on its own grenade

Post by W1lco »

When i press DOWNLOAD at that quakeworld page, i just come to the firstpage of Fileplanet, i search for Quake2 : Lost Marine, find from the catogry " Home / Gaming / Action / First Person / DOOM Series / DOOM 3 / Mods & Conversions / Quake II: Lost Marine", pressing there.. only thing matching "Quake 2 : Lost marine", but theres nada there.. cant someone DCC it to me? like den :p
The colourblind
impressiVe
found a way out

Post by impressiVe »

Ah kewl thx :)
Ohlolol fragged again :/