AQ2 Version 2 Install Problems

Forum for anything hard- or software related.

Moderator: Moderators

Hazer
joined the game

Post by Hazer »

Why does the aq2installv2.exe close itself once i've started it?
anyone knows if there is a Win install instead of DOS
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Usually it means (dos window when opening a package) the package is incomplete or damaged, try to download it again.
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Hazer
joined the game

Post by Hazer »

Well i tried, but now when i hold ENTER down i see "to big for memory" and i got like 512x2 MB ram. so i dont know really whats the problem
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

What do you mean with 'holding ENTER down'?
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Hazer
joined the game

Post by Hazer »

by holding down the ENTER button i mean this: first i press enter one time, and it closes directly, and if i hold enter i managed to read the error.
and the error "to big for memory" showed up
So i need help , i use Win XP and i dont want to install win9x to extract the files,
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

When you keep down the enter button windows keeps opening it and yeh ofc you will get a memory error :)

If the redownloading doesnt work, ask someone to download it and send you the file.
Hazer
joined the game

Post by Hazer »

Well what i need is a zip file. my friend who also uses the aq2installv2.exe has the same errors :>. so what i need is really a .zip or .rar, to avoid the Win XP Non-DOS based crap :)
Janner
found a way out

Post by Janner »

you always could make your own thing, downloading nocheat or any other client, making all the directory's and then find models, textures ect. on the internet :)
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

If your friend gets it too then the file on the website might be corrupt, ill try downloading it later.
Hazer
joined the game

Post by Hazer »

Sure thanks.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

I've just downloaded it and im gettin the installer so the file on the website is ok.
Hazer
joined the game

Post by Hazer »

The errors what i think is the problem: WIN XP, non-dos based crap as said before :/
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

That doesnt matter i think :)
Hazer
joined the game

Post by Hazer »

Den , another friend of mine managed to install it, and i ive got a tip, if i change mode to "Compatible with Windows 98" it should work so thanks for a try to help :)