Quake 4 released !

Talk about your favourite video-games and modifications here.

Moderator: Moderators

sCrewFace
blew up

Post by sCrewFace »

I got P4 2.4 and 6800Le (with some open pipes :o) and i run easily. But i dont thing the gfx is that impressive.. I thing its sad that u cant strafe in single player :D
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

sCrewFace wrote:I thing its sad that u cant strafe in single player :D
what's the friggin point with that? It's not as if we can't sidestep in real-life as well?
sCrewFace
blew up

Post by sCrewFace »

Since fucking when is this real-life u fucking retard? The FRIGGIN point is that u cant make "Q4DONEQUICK" movies.. like u could with Q2.. And its fun with strafe in single player, if u want reality go play some CS.. So re friggin lax homeboy
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

taulutussi wrote:
BeAViS wrote: quite same weapons (rail and so on, one copyed from ut [the disk launcher]).
o_O O_o Check again who has copied who. All the weapons have been introduced in previous Quakes, except dark matter gun which is kinda like BFG with dark ammo :p. If you mean by the disk launcher the nailgun, play q1 =(
if i would say nailgun,i should say it. i have an original copy of quake and i was playing it when u were 9. :D
i was meaning "the ripper"
http://www.unrealtournament.com/utgoty/weapons.php
that is now introduced even in q4.
:attack:
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

sCrewFace wrote:Since fucking when is this real-life u fucking retard? The FRIGGIN point is that u cant make "Q4DONEQUICK" movies.. like u could with Q2.. And its fun with strafe in single player, if u want reality go play some CS.. So re friggin lax homeboy
eeeh? what's with the agression?
sCrewFace wrote:I thing its sad that u cant strafe in single player
I would have thought that that ment that you DIDN'T LIKE the fact that there was no strafing in q4 single player? and I can't think of any other reason that they would have removed it than that they thought that strafing is not "realistic"? Thus I made a general statement asking why in the world they would have removed it since everyone knows that you CAN STRAFE IN REAL-LIFE AS WELL... thus making it quite strange to remove it because of realism. Of course I don't know that they removed it because of realism, but as I said, can't think of any other reason.... :/

Other than that you really need to get a grip screwface... I see how you could have misunderstood my comment, since it wasn't really that well put, but to blow up like that is somewhat over the top....
Tobiash
is connecting

Post by Tobiash »

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SHITING?!!! It is impossible... I don't believe you. Every fucking FPP has strafe side moving. Even fucking duke 3d. I watched that Q4 multiplay movie and I noticed a built-in auto-aim, WHAT THE FUCK AGAIN?! Q4 is even more lame game than q3 and cs. Games are becoming more and more retard-friendly. Fuck you new lame games.
Last edited by Tobiash on Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

Can't wait to start playing this shizzle. Just order a new comp; P4 3.4GHz, 2048ram, a newer Geforce card, so it should run smooth? HiRrr ^^
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

sCrewFace wrote:I got P4 2.4 and 6800Le (with some open pipes :o) and i run easily. But i dont thing the gfx is that impressive.. I thing its sad that u cant strafe in single player :D

mmm i think that ur quake4 disk is damaged.... i can strafe in single player. just set move left and move right (and not turn left/turn right) :D

ah,another thing:
ase was updated with q4 support... yeah. fuck. but mine doesnt find any server!!! :D
happens also to u all?
- Beware of Beavers -
sCrewFace
blew up

Post by sCrewFace »

Ok.. Please make me a demo of u strafing then buthead..
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

barf... done.
go to file.webalice.it
type
user:andylorenzi
public password:aq2world
check demo000 and the click on "scarica" (that means download in italian)
- Beware of Beavers -