Revolution! - [NEW MAP]

Forum for all new beta and released maps!

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

pauhi
melted

Post by pauhi »

Uncle- wrote:Throw a knife upwards :#: :#: :#: I even left you a message on irc and you didnt fixed it. GREAT :sleep:
I know, I know.. Just didnt want to. Dont throw a knife to the sky -_-
›› pauhi ››
Spill the blood of the fucking lamb
MarlPoro
melted

Post by MarlPoro »

Yay! It turned out pretty damn good after all.. meaning that in the first screens pauhi showed me, I thought the map will be too small. Now I think it's just the right size, though the space feels little bit narrow in the metro entrances, some people have mentioned this already.

I also think Revolution can be played with any weapon, I like the knives most, you can throw them to any roof from many places and barely over benches and fences into your opponent's eye ^_________^ Only negative thing I can come up with is that pauhi forgot(?) to put dm-weapons in the map (I forgot to remind him, so I'm the one to blame) B< Personally I like to kick some ltk-bot-ass in dm mode every now and then.

Gotta play some cws just to test this map, you fellow guagers do that too and post your comments back here, so we know how's the playability.. and yeah, just like den said, this will be a good map for the public servers.
MarlPoro / Anxiety
Thanks for reading
sCrewFace
blew up

Post by sCrewFace »

Really love this one.. It might seem to big, but its really not.. As DaNi Sutra said.. Looking forward to playing it on public.. This might be the map of the year...
Rulf
found a way out

Post by Rulf »

this map was really nice nice work :)
coooopa tropppppa BEACH!
WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

Okey, I waited a while before posting a comment on this one. I have both watched and played a game on it now. It's really nice.

The size is right. Saying this map is too big is wrong. But most players intend to say that about every new map that gets released. Try out the map and post a comment then. Don't pretend you know the map from screenshots. But anyway. The size is good, and the many routes to choose from gives it a suprise factor for enemies and also a good tactical cw map. Very much the oposite of maps like cloud, where you know where your enemy will show up. Both type of maps are fun, just takes different approach to it.

I like the textures. There are some new fresh ones and the use of textures is great. I love the colour this map got. Gives it a happy feeling. The map looks good.

Here are negative things as I see it right now...
I find the map to be too low. This is negative in many ways. I hate being forced to the ground by the sky. Knives disappear, you can't launch your enemy high up in the sky with your 13 kevlar hits - Aqnitro scenario. But this can be ignored, since overall, the map is really really fun. I hope cSu keeps playing the map. More clans will probably follow.

Thumbs up for both Pauhi and Marlporo. Great job mates.
Twz
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by Twz »

I like the map, i hope i can play it soon :))
Flunx
feels some chest pain
In-game Name: iN Flunx

Post by Flunx »

Another cool map from pauhi. Farily large and colorful map. Some bugs here and there, but nothing too serious. Love the subway area! I would like to see some more clip brushes in some places and the skybox a bit higher as others have mentioned. Overall a fun map to play with lots of routes and obsticles to hide behind and use for tactical advantages. Good job pauhihihi :-)
I like to play games, not watch them
Evilcina
saw the light

Post by Evilcina »

It reminds me very much on some map from rq3 cant remember the name...