Trying to remember a song from the mid 90s I think..

The infamous forum of spam and anything unrelated to Action Quake2.

Moderator: Moderators

Alfredo
plummets to its death

Post by Alfredo »

:shock:

im shocked, you people are beyond help.
keeping the same beat is one of the rules to house music, it creates an unbelieveable atmosphere in the clubs when its played right.

im sorry of that doesnt work on you.

We can all agree that the ketchup song was fucking lame.
The force is with you young Skywalker, But you are not a Jedi Yet
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

C.

(In the search.)
Last edited by Caracol on Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ne quid nimis.
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

That's quite possibly the most fitting imagery for a thread I have ever seen, I salute you.

On topic. I still don't know this song. I admit it, I'm curious now. You are pretty brave since people can pick any generic aspect of your memory and turn it into a cliché extravaganza. I'm more interested in why your brain decided this was information worth storing for fucking ages, and what triggered it to float back to the surface. Not a naked woman with a violin, I hope, since then you should be ashamed you're here talking about it instead of having her play chopin.

As for "house" music. House music is a term so generic it means nothing anymore. What some people call house music is amazingly layered; an intricate carpet of rhythm, tempo and melody that sets of cascading waterfalls of bliss within the withered crevices of your mind. Action. Reaction. What others also call house music is monotone, cheesy, repetitive garbage that appeals to the basic instincts of running away, beating someone up, getting a seizure, or a combination of the aforementioned. When listening to this , the decay of your brain seems to be roughly keeping pace with the tempo, which is usually fast.

To be frank, I can listen to either. It depends on my mood. If I feel the urge to press the button on the doomsday device I keep hidden under my bed, I listen to the latter. Or I have another scotch.
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
.UncycleD
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by .UncycleD »

Alfredo: You seem to fail to grasp the difference between good music and popular music. These two categories interconnect with each other to a certain degree, but they do by no means overlap entirely.

Good music don't have to be popular, and this is rarely the case.
Popular music don't have to be good, and this is even more rare.

And I don't care if something is "the future", kids are dumb.
#4056 in z0r.nl
Alfredo
plummets to its death

Post by Alfredo »

Great, now ive made myself the bad guy here!

Im the first guy to say i hate pop-musicians whom make their fortune by singing some producers songs, and thereby make some record company richer and richer. while they enjoy their 1½ years of fame.

i respect artist that make their own music.

So as for me being able to telling the difference between good music and popular music, you have to know me a little bit better before you can label me like that.
I am one of the few individuals who likes Good music, that doesnt mean i love every song in the top 10 charts since those charts are made by 12-19 year olds with sms-trigger-happy fingers. i like what sounds good, good lyrics or a fresh beat. Something that makes you feel something.

I even have music education, that has helped me develop a fine sence of music within numorous genres:
Classic, Rock, heavy metal, rnb, dance, house and club music.

With my broad expirience i can say that the wildest i have seen and heard is being at a club where the beat keeps going and going and going and etc..
Want my advice! find such a club and check it out. You might like it too.
(never been to a place that played strictly classic music though, so i can say for SURE that, that is what i like the most, but im 99% sure )
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

so...eh...anyone able to help with figuring the song out?
Rulf
found a way out

Post by Rulf »

only 3 words

ROCK AND ROLL

mery xmax everyone :santa:
coooopa tropppppa BEACH!
Proto
saw the light

Post by Proto »

n99 wrote:That's quite possibly the most fitting imagery for a thread I have ever seen, I salute you.

On topic. I still don't know this song. I admit it, I'm curious now. You are pretty brave since people can pick any generic aspect of your memory and turn it into a cliché extravaganza. I'm more interested in why your brain decided this was information worth storing for fucking ages, and what triggered it to float back to the surface. Not a naked woman with a violin, I hope, since then you should be ashamed you're here talking about it instead of having her play chopin.
Well thank you, and as for my memory; I've been thinking about this song every now and then, and it's fucking tearing my brain apart that I can't find it.. Just one of those irritating things that can keep you up at night while trying to consentrate all your energy to the back of your brain, finding a few flashes of information only to lose them in a splitt of a secound later.

That is why this thread was created, to help me from going even more crazy..

Also:
Alfredo wrote: We can all agree that the ketchup song was fucking lame.
Yup
fuct wrote:so...eh...anyone able to help with figuring the song out?
Please do :D

As for me, I'm going to bed now.. In yet another attempt of getting some sleep, well, before the urge of finding the songs name rises once again, and I start screaming and taring down pictures and walls..

*cuddle* nity nite :D

EDIT:

First off, I just want to thank everyone for posting and helping :)
Secoundly, I just asked one of my friends, like, for no good reason while we were driving, and I asked the excact same as in the first post, and for my great surprice he started hymming the start of the song, but couldn't remember the songs name.

All he knew was that the start of the song (the violin part) was from Bethoven, neither of us have any idea what symphony, part or year, just that he's pretty sure it's Bethoven. And by prett sure, I mean 90% :p

Also, the song is from the later 90s.. Not middle..

Oh, and Copa Tropa Beach rocks btw.. :D

Thanks for any more suggestions :)
Plummet is my middle name..
Alfredo
plummets to its death

Post by Alfredo »

i know what song you are talking about now, i suspected it might be that one, but i cant remember the f*****ing name

best i can come up with is: the 9th symfony

i think thats the violin part

im gonna keep googling though, mostly to save some face :oh:
Proto
saw the light

Post by Proto »

Yeah, I was thinking about the 9th too, but figured I'd try the 5th first, and guess what.. I found the music-only version.. Without the funky rap :(

Anyways, to help clear your mind, here's a link to the instrumental (with some shitty piano-thing in the middle.. :p ) version:

http://www.ktv.no/~jra-ktv/L.Bethoven_- ... _Remix.mp3

I still need the whole song (like.. you know.. not instrumental), or I'm gonna go crazy.. seriously.. :p :santa:

C'mon! You can do it now! Everyone! :D Please! :)
I remeber it being so seriously cool for some reason :p So please, I _NEED_ that song! :D I'll l00b j00 long time :)
Plummet is my middle name..
Alfredo
plummets to its death

Post by Alfredo »

Google didnt help me much ..
Alfredo
plummets to its death

Post by Alfredo »

WHEN I GET YOU ALONE!!! IM SURE

Thicke - When i get you alone

but i think thats a guy driving around in new york on a bike.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/thicke/w ... alone.html

its not your song, but almost
but its made on that sample
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

I would find it just to not tell you.
And download it just to erase it.

C.
Ne quid nimis.
SaLsA
was flattened

Post by SaLsA »

you stupid, stupid man!
now I must find out :#:
Image<",))><
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

It's that A+ song, I got his album.. irl :P

A+ - Enjoy Yourself
Last edited by Kurupt on Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.