CGIIRC

Let us know your suggestions and comments and we will look at it.

Moderator: Moderators

Picer
sank like a rock

CGIIRC

Post by Picer »

Well, theres only one thing i can think of and thats a way to get in touch with those nasty gamers while at work. Offcourse i can't run an IRC program because of those nice restrictions here at work.

How to solve it you say?
Easy, with CGIIRC
Bee using it for some times now on my MMO clan at www.ravenousknights.com (top left corner) and it works like a dream.

Can we have please? :shock:
Member of VfN "Vikings from North".

/connect aq2.catchgamer.no:27922 Catch-Gamer.no AQ2#4 ModernClassic for some oldschool FF action!
Den
something dur dur

Re: CGIIRC

Post by Den »

Picer wrote:Can we have please? :shock:

It's allready in the works but it keeps timing out for some reason :s and we need a trust because > 5 users on same account is g-line :)
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Picer
sank like a rock

Post by Picer »

Yeah we had the same problem on the server we used. But we contacted the admins of the server and had the limit raised when we explained the use to them. Have you talked to the Qnet guys? They might even be nice :lol:

I didn't set the thing up myself so i have 0,- knowledge, but i do maybe recall the webadmin having timeout trouble. Give me a scenario and i could talk to him if he have a solution.

/connect aq2.catchgamer.no:27922 Catch-Gamer.no AQ2#4 ModernClassic for some oldschool FF action!
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Scenario: it just times out after x mins and sometimes it doesnt :) 1 user connected.
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Picer
sank like a rock

Post by Picer »

Ill see what i can do. We had the timeout problem, but we fixed it. I think. Either that or i was a lucky bastard while using it.

Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Now it just works fine, been logged onto irc from [09:38] to [16:21] but only 1 channel now.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

And there is no way you can get more than 5 users ;)
Picer
sank like a rock

Post by Picer »

Hm talked to the qnet guys? Is there a way to block the CGIIRC to only allow five users at a time so you wont get glined, and just have to wait until someone logs off?

Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Picer wrote:Hm talked to the qnet guys? Is there a way to block the CGIIRC to only allow five users at a time so you wont get glined, and just have to wait until someone logs off?
Quakenet.org wrote:I want to use CGI:IRC. Can I get a trust?

No. We do not give trusts to web-based IRC clients such as CGI:IRC that do not pass-through the real conection information of the person using the CGI:IRC client.
Im sure there is some script for that :)
Picer
sank like a rock

Post by Picer »

Im shure there is, at work now, but ill check if i can find some info on it later.

Picer
sank like a rock

Post by Picer »

So yeah, talked to my friend.

They changed the ISP and serverhouse wich resultet in the timeout fault just dissapearing without and logical explanation.

And, in the configfile you can set max connections so you can only have five users online. According to my friends its easy.

Code: Select all

max_users = 20

NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

Picer wrote:And, in the configfile you can set max connections so you can only have five users online. According to my friends its easy.

Code: Select all

max_users = 20
It's not a limitation on their server... it's that quakenet limits connections to 5 per IP... That is... if you connect more than 5 clients from a given computer, they all get G-lined...
Picer
sank like a rock

Post by Picer »

I know, but if the CGIIRC only allows five connections at a time thats a problem solved 8)

angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

I used http://www.jwirc.com/chat.html for like 6 months, but now they have blocked it =/ ,
So fix something like this it can be realy nice =)
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

angra wrote:I used http://www.jwirc.com/chat.html for like 6 months, but now they have blocked it =/ ,
So fix something like this it can be realy nice =)
Not possible :) allready talked to some ircops