X³ Reunion

Talk about your favourite video-games and modifications here.

Moderator: Moderators

Den
something dur dur

X³ Reunion

Post by Den »

I just bought this new space game and im loving it allready :) its pretty big and fun to play, loadsa fighting, trading and building.
Info wrote: X³ REUNION immerses the player into the most realistic, living universe, ever experienced.

NEXT GENERATION OF THE X UNIVERSE - X³: REUNION
The Sequel to the award winning X²: The Threat will introduce a new 3D engine as well as a new story, new ships and a new gameplay to greatly increase the variety in the X-universe. The economy of X³: Reunion will be more complex than anything seen in the X-universe before. Factories are being built by NPCs, wars can affect the global economy, NPCs can trade freely and pirates will behave far more realistically.

The Technology
Extensive development has gone into the X³ engine, making full use of DirectX 9 technology, to create dramatic visual effects and stunningly realistic starships. Coupled with the massively enhanced A.L. (Artificial Life) system, X³: REUNION will present players with an ever changing, evolving universe; where a players actions really can shape the future of the universe.

The Feature
Newcomers will enjoy the additions to the already graphically impressive, almost living X³-Universe, while veterans can expect new construction options and an improved physics model.

The Story
What happened so far: While the Argon fleet is stretched almost to breaking point by the continuing attacks from Khaak, a new enemy is stalking the X-universe. What links a mysterious ship with the power to disappear, the ruthless Yaki pirates and a machine left by an ancient species? Its time to strap yourself in, warm up your laser cannon and get some answers.
http://www.egosoft.com/games/x3/info_en.php

Screenshots

Image Image Image Image

More 'official' screens: http://www.egosoft.com/games/x3/screenshots_en.php

Demo
X³: Reunion Rolling Demo 232 MB
http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3/demos_en.php

Try the rolling demo to see how it runs on your machine :)

:hop:
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
VIDAR
found a way out

Post by VIDAR »

sounds very nice ;)
- Kill The Idealist -
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

:crazy:
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
V34
tried to put the pin back in

Post by V34 »

Hate Space game, but nice found.
Beavisss
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Beavisss »

BeAViS wrote::crazy:
I am with brother - :crazy:
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

great thanks!
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
nemesis
sank like a rock

Post by nemesis »

It sure looks spank-a-delish! :shock:
· clan Survival · #clansurvival @ IRCNet/QuakeNet, /msg Neme^ · www.lahtela.com/survival · AQ2Suomi admin, AQ2World moderator and a member of AQ2Admins
L0ki
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by L0ki »

My twohundredtwenty cents...

GFX:
First of all you will need quite a highend machine. My new one (Venice3200/GF6600GT 128MB/512MBRam) with disabling everything (texture-quality: low; shader-q: low; lowest resolution; glow disabled; no AA) is still having performance issues. Even on the newest patch of that game. The game looks quite poor with this options as well. My brother got the same probs with an appropriate system.

The (official) System Requirements:
Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, XP
Pentium IV 1.3GHz
256MB RAM
64MB 3D Graphics Card with DirectX 9.0c
2GB Free Hard Disk Space
DVD ROM.
(source: amazon)

This must be quite a joke.

I tried high quality settings for fun. I must admit that the game looks amazing then (really does).

GAMEPLAY:
I was pretty curious about the gameplay, since I am usually more into that then into overwhelming graphics (hey, I play AQ2!).
To use an euphemism: it is very very complex. You will need quite some time to get into the game and all of it's feature. Therefore, it seems to be very very "flexible". It provides you with many choices where to go and what to do.
I have to say that personally I was missing in-views of space stations and planets, which you had in Freelancer for example, but the only way to see things like this are the cutscenes of the storyline.

CONCLUSION:
It's hard to give a conclusion, since I have the feeling that I missed a lot. For some reasons X³ has a pretty enthusiastic community. I guess that most of them had played the two forerunners and are more into the game at all.
Take it with a pinch of salt.

Cheers
-L0ki
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

L0ki wrote:GFX:
First of all you will need quite a highend machine. My new one (Venice3200/GF6600GT 128MB/512MBRam) with disabling everything (texture-quality: low; shader-q: low; lowest resolution; glow disabled; no AA) is still having performance issues. Even on the newest patch of that game. The game looks quite poor with this options as well. My brother got the same probs with an appropriate system.
With ur 128mb video card it will be hard to play new games like x3. And 512mb thats just not enough these days. 1gig is imho minimum :|

Here are the real official system requirements, taken from the manual:
Manual wrote:Minimum
Microsoft® Windows® 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP
Pentium® IV (or AMD® equivalent) 1.7 GHz
512MB RAM
128MB 3D DirectX 9 compatible card (not onboard) with Pixel Shader 1.3 support
Soundcard
4.3 GB free hard disk space
DVD-ROM drive
Mouse + Keyboard or Joystick (Optional support for force-feedback) or Gamepad

Recommended
Microsoft® Windows® 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP
Pentium® IV (or AMD® equivalent) 2.4 GHz
1GB RAM
256MB 3D DirectX 9 compatible card (not onboard) with Pixel Shader 2.0 support
Soundcard (Surround sound support recommended)
4.3 GB free hard disk space
DVD-ROM drive
Mouse + Keyboard or Joystick (Optional support for force-feedback) or Gamepad