I miss AQSL

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

TjuBBeH
joined the game

errrrrrrrrr

Post by TjuBBeH »

dude den..

I don't see FFS fearfulsilence in your list ;o

why? :P
"Money is like manure. You have to spread it around or it smells." -J. Paul Getty
ivO
joined the game

Post by ivO »

I am also an AQSL veteran and i really miss the good old days - Better players, more clans, more activity but hey the mod is living for almost 6 years now or even more - so just remember good old times and even without a league like the aqsl keep playin for fun........
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

Well. aqsl was great. could have been better tho:p aqsl gave the uk clans a huge advantage when it came to pings. These days the servers have been upgraded and playable... i have about 40-50 ping at the jolt server today. But when aqsl existed everyone with regular 0.5mbit had 80-120 in ping during the aqsl games :)

But it was such a nice feeling in some way. Like an hour before every aqsl game you joined a crappy foreign server where you had about 100 in ping and tried to get used to the ping difference :)

-Arild
Hapid00!!
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Well the dutchies had even worse pings :) +100 and 999. I played for a long time with +100 on uk servers, i liked it :)
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

I had 200 ping on UK servers at one time :)
I don't give a shit.
hage
was flattened

Post by hage »

I can even remember that with S4P or DRC in the old days we had ping 400 with cable. I used 56k to get a better ping to the UK. :) And some other member used his isdn. The rest was just lagging like hell :)
Hirchart
blew itself up
In-game Name: Hirchart

Post by Hirchart »

yes, AQSL, and BWAQSL ofcourse.. since BW ended i havent seen deathwatch anymore :cry:
Your favorite asshole in AQ2 since '99
{TaZz}

aqsl

Post by {TaZz} »

i pld 6 seasons in AQSL, two with GQ and 4 with C&C :)

wat can i say.........Twer the days :D
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

I have to be honest with everyone here :) In my opinion the AQSL was a much better league then the EAQL.

I played about 6 or 7 seasons in the AQSL and we were always excited when we were going to play a game for it.

Btw Den, you won't even know how much whine is going on these day's. I'm getting an average of 93.6 Private msg's on IRC of EAQL whine, then i'm getting an average of 16.2 e-mails a day of EAQL whine :)....

Eventhough there used to be better leagues, the EAQL is the only big league there is atm. I know we still need to learn how to do everything the exact way ppl want it, but hey AQSl had a lot of problems to in season1 and 2.

I don't know if there will be a season 3 of EAQL, but if there is, I'm sure things will be a bit better then season1 and 2. But hey all the admins are humans, and what would be the most normal thing for a human to do? Make mistakes, that's right. So don't blame us if we do something wrong, we're just trying to do our best and keep everybody happy. Same as AQSL did, though they succeeded in a much better way, in much easier times.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Few weeks passed and there are still no 'clear' rules, do this and u will have 70% less whine.

And another thing that bothers me, EAQL is turning into a scandanavian league with their rules yak yak, and i dont like it, You lot listen too much to the scan. ppl then to the other countries (nl, de, pt, it etc)
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

Maybe because 75% of the participating clans are scandinavian. And what rules make it a "scandinavian league" exactly? If you mean the discussion about the picmip settings, the admins choose your side. They listened to "you" and not to the "others". It's not really an accepted setting in scandinavia and some other countries, but they didn't make any restricted values for it in the EAQL.
*hali*
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Well, let's do it like this then, could you (Den) remake the rules for us? So we can solve this? I hope you will help us with this issue, since I haven't got a clue what rules will be decent for all country's.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Oh yeh, i can see where this is going. Lets stick to the topic.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

true :)
ToMMics
found a way out

Post by ToMMics »

i hope esl / eaql season 3 will top aqsl :) or at least continue it