FTP issues

Forum for anything hard- or software related.

Moderator: Moderators

Picer
sank like a rock

FTP issues

Post by Picer »

Okey.

The scenario consist of my stationary computer, my girfriends laptop and my Xbox.

The FTP is running an OS called Avalanuch. This os has an intergrated FTP server. Nothing special about it, and have always worked swell. All units are connected in an local network through a router, and to internett through Cabel.

Earlier i had ADSL and it all worked swell. We connected to the xbox through ftp and had a movie over there in minutes. As in fast speed as in local network.

A couple of weeks ago i changed from ADSL to cable, and now it seem to connect though internett, then back to my xbox, capping the speed ALOT. All untis are using DHCP.

Im not completly shure what the reason for this is, but it seem to (and logicaly) have happen when i changed ISP.

Anyone got a tip? It's not the typical question to ask support, since there originaly aint an FTP server on your xbox... :rambo:
Member of VfN "Vikings from North".

/connect aq2.catchgamer.no:27922 Catch-Gamer.no AQ2#4 ModernClassic for some oldschool FF action!
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

Well the choice of internet connection won't affect this at all, however, the choice of router could. If you're using a cable modem (and previously an ADSL modem) that has built in router, and this was changed when you changed connection this COULD cause changes in routing.

Has the speed between f.ex. the desktop and laptop changed? If so, there most definitely is some error with the router settings or the router itself is just slow. I don't see how it would take a route via the external connection though, because this would mean that there is something VERY wrong with your routing tables. My guess is that the new router/modem is just slow. Always a good idea to RTFM, and look through the router settings...
Picer
sank like a rock

Post by Picer »

You dont think i already did that? And the speed, as quoted, is normal everywhere else.

BUT, the funny part. When i woke up this morning i noted the Xbox getting a whole new IP adress. And it all works now, and i didn't do shit. This scares me.
Member of VfN "Vikings from North".

/connect aq2.catchgamer.no:27922 Catch-Gamer.no AQ2#4 ModernClassic for some oldschool FF action!
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

Picer wrote:You dont think i already did that?
Exactly how would I know what you did or didn't do? You asked a question and I gave a suggestion to what to do...
Picer wrote:And the speed, as quoted, is normal everywhere else.
Eeh... where is that "quoted"?
Picer wrote:BUT, the funny part. When i woke up this morning i noted the Xbox getting a whole new IP adress. And it all works now, and i didn't do shit. This scares me.
Glad to see that it worked out... cheers.