Suggestions ?

Capture The Flag mod for Action Quake II.

Moderators: arild, Maniac-, WizardExt, Moderators

chatode
joined the game

Post by chatode »

Lots of suggestions... I hope you achieve keeping the game somewhat aq2-like without too many of these powerups.

Only thing that should be in it that doesnt exist in normal aq2 is the item packs you have said. Thing is that these packs should be picked before spawning, then you can play with more tactics in your team (those who defend the flag have more armor etc.).
And so that there wouldnt be any "winnin combo's" you could only pick a certain weapon with a certain item pack.

In my opininon 3 packs should do it:

IP. Helmet + Kevlar + Silencer WP: Shotgun, HC, SSG
IP. Laser + Kevlar/Bandolier WP: M4, MP5, Akimbos
IP. Slippers + Kevlar + Silencer WP: MP5, Shotgun, HC

Or there could be like first, and secondary item picking. For example now in normal aq2 there is two things you pick (weapon, item). But in ctf there could be: 1st item (kevlar, bandolier, slippers, helmet) 2nd item (laser, silencer, prolly helmet too) and after that you can choose from some of the weapons, not from all of them.

These are just random suggestions but the one thing i would LOVE is that when you slash someone there would be the sound HUMILIATION! 8) (it would be a nice add in the normal aq2 too)

Gotta love that one..
aka Ode aka katodi
FooQ
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by FooQ »

Im shocked you actually want to decrease grenade power for CTF.
1) because grenades are an excellent way to kill a camping flag carrier or clear a flags defence.
2) because doing so to encourage more gren jumping really isnt concentrating on whats great about AQ2 CTF. Gren jumping in general should only be for show, style points, not an element of gameplay. Urban in CTF was immediately ruined when people discovered they could gren jump a short cut to the alley to capture the blue flag (on standard TNG flag positions)
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

I can gren jump a short way from the alley too so its pretty even :)
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

Don't know if this is in the game already, but how about score points for defending your flag carrier, defending your flag, and killing an enemy flag carrier. Like in Quake3 CTF.

Medkit PU? Some way to replenish health on yourself or others. Brainstorm this idea if you want.
Steinar "Blue Vex" Furuli
I snipe with my Pistol, and your Rifle.
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

If I remember correctly its included in TNG CTF by default Blue Vex.

-Alex
Hapid00!!