Progress on the code

Capture The Flag mod for Action Quake II.

Moderators: arild, Maniac-, WizardExt, Moderators

FooQ
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by FooQ »

heh nice, Im not whining about the mod, I just think its unnecessary. Im looking forward to any CTF maps produced as a result as that is what AQ2 CTF really needs not a totally rewritten mod to add silly power ups and 'kevlar pants' to cater for people who cant stop autoing for 5 minutes without their egos suffering. I just hope maniac leaves the wp_flags system intact for those of us to have the option of removing autos. Im sure he will as he did a great job updating TNG to M0.22 especially with eliminating the CTF single player spawn problem and adding Team DM. btw why didnt TeamDM take off in any way? It seems a fun mod but I dont see any TeamDM servers in Europe or are they just hard to spot?

Blue Vex, if the servers using r1q2 as so many are these days then an override file could be made for whatever maps you want to use and any entities added or removed ... meaning you can add/remove weapon spawns and also whichever spawns/powerups the mod makers are planning for this mod without any need to edit or remake a bsp. Im currently usin an override for desertbattle on my AQ2 ETE teamplay server to change the team spawns to dm spawns so it'll work on ETE without crashin (I only tested it on TNG where it works in Teamplay or CTF) and also one for summerplace to add more spawns as Beavisss released it with only one spawn. Overrides could be easily made to add whatever spawn entities wherever anyone wants them without too much work.

Whoa, shock 'FooQ provides another helpful tip for the mod even tho everyone hates him' headline. Bring on the negativity!
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

Blue Vex:
Maniac has created CTF DM. Thought I posted about it somewhere earlier. Means that each weapon will have a unique spawn aswell as items(this is new, since in regular DM it spawns in the playerspawns).

So when it comes to FooQ's complaints about autos I dont think it will be such a big deal. I think it will be a balanced game with CTF DM without banning any weapons. And, its really up to the mapper to put the guns out there, and if we find it unbalanced with to many autos during the playtesting we might aswell remove a couple of weapon spawns.
As for powerups, I believe that is what CTF is all about. The reason why I play CTF in other games are the tactics you can create with the game, and yes its fun to play aswell. Timing the powerups, who to use them ? who is most stacked ? etc etc etc.
And we are trying to create powerups unique for AQ2. However, ideas will be taken from other games aswell.

-Alex
Hapid00!!
z0
plummets to its death

Post by z0 »

Just a simple question, is this mod going to see the light or have you put it aside?
peaz
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

Eventually it will. As all clans we have also suffered from the summerperiod. Alot of people have been away etc etc...
There is actually an intern playtesting scheduled for today :)

-Alex
Hapid00!!