FPS

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

matu
is connecting

FPS

Post by matu »

Hi, I just wanted some tips how to get high/perfect/smooth fps.

I'm no cfg tweaker, so I need a little help :P

... and one more thing, does someone know what the caps lock bind is?I've tried several things like caps_lock, caps, capslock and more, but I can't find it. :(
tuv
is connecting

Post by tuv »

It's just capslock.
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Don't you need to be using nocheat as well for it to work? Or maybe I'm thinking of some other button.

Look for the config thread, it has my config that I've been using from my 56k/4mb GFX days :)
I don't give a shit.
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

Buy a better computer. Quake2 requires a 90MHz and Voodoo2.
tyldis
sank like a rock

Post by tyldis »

Wish FPs was locked to 60. Would make Quake2 behave the way it is meant to. I sacrifice the high FPS for imagequality anyways.

In case you don't know:

If you have more FPS than the refreshrate on your monitor you will experience what is known as tearing. The picrute looks horrible while moving. Put on vsync (aka 'synk every frame') to get the best imagequality. All you sacrifice is the ability to do silly jumps on the boxes on TJ and such (unless you have a 120Hz monitor ;)
Down, not across.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

i used to have max 60 but since i got a new monitor, 60 sux for aq :)

i use 85 which is nice :)
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
DaNi
is legless

Post by DaNi »

50 fps 4 life!

Had to play with 28 fps for a long while cuz my internet was too bad to take a higher fps.

Then my geforce2mx broke and i had to play with my good old TNT again wich gave me years of aq2 pleasure before.

When playing higher then 60 fps my screen looks fucked and its impossible for me to strafejump.
Enjoy without expectations, then you will have no disappointment. Pain is temporary...pride is forever.

siete tutti dei gay figli di puttana