The story so far..

Double Elimination Cup - http://decup.eeas.no/ - #decup @qnet

Moderators: z0, emu, Moderators

emu
Syndrome of a Down

The story so far..

Post by emu »

So the cup is almost over. Id like for you who participated to write your hearts out about the cup. Good feedback or bad, it will help us develop the concept even further.

Also if you want to ask me something about the cup, here is the place to put it.

- stiggan :?
Last edited by emu on Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
Flunx
feels some chest pain
In-game Name: iN Flunx

Post by Flunx »

For me, this cup hasn't been any different from any other cup that I have played in.

Also, recent administrating issues and behavior from other clans/players made us (ikkeNo) leave the cup and hand over a victory and a spot in the finals to our opponents.
This is something that shouldn't happen in a cup, and the admins should do everything they can to try and avoid stuff like this from happening.
I am disappointed in the people this incident is concerining.

I admire your efforts and I liked the setup for the cup. Too bad it ended like it did.
I like to play games, not watch them
Gepardi
melted

Post by Gepardi »

I've enjoyed playing the cup so far and I think my teammates pretty much agree on this one. We have sure taken the hard way to advance in the cup; first getting 2 qualification games, then losing the first game in the actual cup and finally advancing in the losers' bracket. So we have already played 7 games (for example, <RA> in the final with only 2 games played) and that's enough for creating an overall view of the cup, assuming the last game(s) will be much alike with already played ones.
Something about the rules, they're pretty nice in my opinion. A clan can't win by mastering only one map but it has to master at least two in order to beat its opponent. The other rules are pretty much just cosmetics and nothing what would differ from other cups.
Some problems in scheduling the matches but nothing huge. I dunno if it's just good luck or is it because of the effort we put in scheduling the games, but we've managed to play all our wars without walkovers, although extra time has been necessary once or twice.

So, no actual problems for pr0 so far and not looking forward to have any in the future either. I'm glad that even though there has been minor troubles in setting a date and time for some cupgames, things haven't turned 'hostile', only frustration at most. Because if they did, I would prefer giving the victory for the other team instead of fighting and playing a game where no one has fun, a game where people just aim to win the opponents who they consider as total pricks.

A thumb up for emu for running this almost alone (as he wrote on the other thread). Considering that, things have gone pretty smoothly. Too bad there has been some walkovers and this 'fight' between <RA> and iN resulting in ikkeNo leaving the cup. But I guess it's not possible to avoid problems completely. Next time, if there will be one, maybe a bigger group of admins, concentrating on the cup only, would make things go smoother and we'd avoid some major clashes between different clans.

Good job and thanks, sincerely!

P.S. Thanks for your "good luck pr0"-comment, Flunx! 8D
Gepardi /pr0
#clan.pr0 @ QNet » http://koti.mbnet.fi/warjo/pr0/
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

I really like that there are map wins that count and not rounds, too bad it wasn't like that in qualifications. Every cup should have that rule.
Good job emu, not so much the other admins.
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

AssKick3r wrote:Good job emu, not so much the other admins.
never even saw any of the other admins i think... i think z0 was an admin, were there any more:P?
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
Lotus
killed itself
In-game Name: kk'lok
Mouse: diamondback

Post by Lotus »

emu for president?
I pleasure myself, everyday.
>kk'lok
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

sajh wrote:
AssKick3r wrote:Good job emu, not so much the other admins.
never even saw any of the other admins i think... i think z0 was an admin, were there any more:P?
The other admins had "other" stuff they where suppose to take care off. Did a good job in the begining but just faded out.

z0 disapeared on me :(
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
z0
plummets to its death

Post by z0 »

Well I was accually supposed to be the "head" admin of this whole cup but it went over my head, and really im a bad person taking choices... :P

Im kinda dissapointed in myself that i left all responibility to emu but he did a great job making the tournament go through.

*bows b4 stigi*

If there is another tournament i will not be participating atleast in the "head" crew, thats for the tournaments safety :P

Thanks everyone for participating in DECUP!
peaz