Problem with lag [+help me]

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

R1CH
joined the game

Post by R1CH »

cantidio wrote:
BeAViS wrote:

Code: Select all

set cl_maxpackets "150" 
have fun.
I talked to the admins and they said that indeed, r1ch's server is better than nocheat. The problem, according to them, is that rich only allow one server running his program in each country.. and we have about 8 servers up..
They also said they will wait till rich's versions are no longer BETA and untill they are bugfree..
Uh, I don't know where they got such crazy ideas from, R1Q2 server is in use by over 350 servers around the world, it's open source and there are no such limits on where you can use it. R1Q2 came out of beta (if you could call it that) around August 2004, and if it contains bugs, I for one would love to know what they are. I've had some R1Q2 servers with 360+ days uptime without a hitch.
cantidio
is connecting

Post by cantidio »

R1CH wrote:
cantidio wrote:
BeAViS wrote:

Code: Select all

set cl_maxpackets "150" 
have fun.
I talked to the admins and they said that indeed, r1ch's server is better than nocheat. The problem, according to them, is that rich only allow one server running his program in each country.. and we have about 8 servers up..
They also said they will wait till rich's versions are no longer BETA and untill they are bugfree..
Uh, I don't know where they got such crazy ideas from, R1Q2 server is in use by over 350 servers around the world, it's open source and there are no such limits on where you can use it. R1Q2 came out of beta (if you could call it that) around August 2004, and if it contains bugs, I for one would love to know what they are. I've had some R1Q2 servers with 360+ days uptime without a hitch.
I think they meant your anticheat, not your server!