R1Q2 Warnings & GL_FindImage

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

Kurupt
:I

R1Q2 Warnings & GL_FindImage

Post by Kurupt »

After having many problems using r1q2 + anticheat I decided to install my AQ2 from scratch again. Used the official Quake2 cd, the 3.20 update and all the original Action files (actn1Ccl.zip, 1cCLfix.zip, vwepfix.zip). I also downloaded the hashpak made by stric & emperphis.

I can actually play on anticheat forced servers now, the only problem I got are the following messages;

Code: Select all

WARNING: Zero length sound encountered: weapons/shotgr1b.wav
WARNING: Zero length sound encountered: weapons/shotgr1b.wav

WARNING: Zero length sound encountered: weapons/rocklr1b.wav

GL_FindImage: Couldn't find skin 'sprites/lsightb.pcx' for sprite 'sprites/lsight.sp2'
GL_FindImage: Couldn't find skin 'sprites/lsightc.pcx' for sprite 'sprites/lsight.sp2'
GL_FindImage: Couldn't find skin 'sprites/lsightd.pcx' for sprite 'sprites/lsight.sp2'
I get the first two warnings every time a player is shooting with a shotgun, I don't know where the rocklr1b warning comes from. The GL_FindImage errors come up every time someone's using laser.

The "problem" is that the shotgun and laser are working perfectly fine. The shotgun makes the same sound as always and the laser still is this nice little red dot.

As I'm pretty sure I got all the original files I was wondering if it's possible to disable the warnings, or maybe someone got replacement files for these? I'm getting pretty annoyed by these so-called warnings spamming my console :D

Thanks!
*hali*
cheef
blew itself up

Post by cheef »

i already had the sound problem once.

This means these wave files are with 0kb.
Try to get the right one, and overrite at the right folder. (or pak file!)
find the right source ;P

greets
cheef
Kurupt

Post by Kurupt »

I know the sounds are 0 kb, but I just feel bad about my console getting spammed with warnings for using the original files :(

Anyway, does anyone know where I can get these r1q2 valid files then? Or the "right" ones as cheef said. I assume it's about the following files;

weapons/shotgr1b.wav
weapons/rocklr1b.wav
sprites/lsightb.pcx
sprites/lsightc.pcx
sprites/lsightd.pcx

I think I can fix the lsight warning by just adding some transparent pcx files as lsightb.pcx, lsightc.pcx and lsightd.pcx in the sprites folder tho... ;)
*hali*
stan0x
killed itself
In-game Name: stan0x
Operating System: Windows 7, linux
Processor model/speed: i7 2600K
Memory: 16GB DRR3
Hard drive: 1 x 240GB SSD 5 x 2 TB
Graphics card: GTX470
Monitor: LG
Mouse: MX
Keyboard: Steelseries G7

Post by stan0x »

hmzzzzz

mrzl.

try apr 1.20.

i have had the same problem with r1q2

i will stay with apr easy to use :P
#clan.fubar #narf #heks #aq2world
Kurupt

Post by Kurupt »

Well I used Aprq2 before, but the main reason I'm using r1q2 now is because of the cl_maxfps / r_maxfps settings. With Aprq2 I kept having that strafe jumping bug, but r1q2 reduced the strafe jumping glue shit with ~75% for me.

I don't care much about features and everything, I just want to enjoy playing this game without the sticky floors and without changing the cl_maxfps to jump over stupid boxes.

And I don't want my console getting spammed with warnings for using the original files! :(
*hali*
R1CH
joined the game

Post by R1CH »

If server admins would use sv_strafejump_hack 1, sticky floor wouldn't be a problem with AprQ2 (or R1Q2, EGL).

The sound warnings are moved to developer output in the next release, however the sprite warnings will still appear since using a sprite with missing skins can result in a game crash, so this is something that should get fixed.
Kurupt

Post by Kurupt »

R1CH wrote:If server admins would use sv_strafejump_hack 1, sticky floor wouldn't be a problem with AprQ2 (or R1Q2, EGL).
That would be a very big IF yes. Most AQ2 people I talked to think the setting is something unfair / bad (maybe because of the word "hack" in it) and they seem to think that if it's something good, all servers would be using it by now. Too bad nothing gets changed when all server admins think that way.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, I'll be waiting for the next release!

PS: If more people got problems with the sprite warnings; I fixed it by copy/pasting lsight.pcx three times and renaming the files to lsightb.pcx, lsightc.pcx and lsightd.pcx. The lsight.pcx file can be found in the Quake2\action\sprites folder (or in pak0.pak if you use the orginal action files).
*hali*
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Kurupt wrote:
R1CH wrote:If server admins would use sv_strafejump_hack 1, sticky floor wouldn't be a problem with AprQ2 (or R1Q2, EGL).
That would be a very big IF yes. Most AQ2 people I talked to think the setting is something unfair / bad (maybe because of the word "hack" in it) and they seem to think that if it's something good, all servers would be using it by now. Too bad nothing gets changed when all server admins think that way.
Stric is always bugging admins to use this handy setting and many don't even know what it is. Why is it so hard to accept something new to AQ2? I can't believe there are still people who think nocheat is the right anticheat client out there.
Stumby
is connecting

Post by Stumby »

So did you find some solution to this? (i've got the exact same problem)
be the ball
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

Kurupt wrote: PS: If more people got problems with the sprite warnings; I fixed it by copy/pasting lsight.pcx three times and renaming the files to lsightb.pcx, lsightc.pcx and lsightd.pcx. The lsight.pcx file can be found in the Quake2\action\sprites folder (or in pak0.pak if you use the orginal action files).
Monk
plummets to its death

Post by Monk »

666 posts! Clement is of the DEVIL!
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

Monk wrote:666 posts! Clement is of the DEVIL!
And you "joined the game" :D
^stric^
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

Monk wrote:666 posts! Clement is of the DEVIL!
Lies! - or well, it's 667 posts now at least.. the second statement might be right...... :o)