Setting up LAN game - can't pick up armour

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

v0id
is connecting

Setting up LAN game - can't pick up armour

Post by v0id »

Hi,

I'm trying fix up action quake for a LAN deathmatch using Axion - however when I'm running around a map I can't pick up any body armour...eveything else is works fine. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

Dunno about the issue, but try executing the TNG pre-made config files for servers, namely mode_wishedmode.cfg.
Ne quid nimis.
v0id
is connecting

Post by v0id »

Thanks Caracol - Axion comes with ETE and starts deathmatch when you load a map. In order to use TNG do I just need to replace the gamex86.dll file in the action dir. and exec a pre-made config? And if so where do i place the config?
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

I don't know anything about ETE. And TNG puts those mode_ configs in the action folder by itself, the zip I know has them inside.
If you happen to miss them, dunno, everyone has them, ask around. Or check other files near the one you get for TNG.
Ne quid nimis.
Monk
plummets to its death

Post by Monk »

That's really odd that you can't pick up the vest, specifically. Maybe you're accidentally picking up another item somewhere along the line?

Also, you can try upping your "items" from 1 to 3 or something. See if there's an issue there.

I don't know how TNG executes .cfg files, but I think any Q2 mod should be able to load .cfg's by typing:

] exec mode_wishedmode.cfg

A map change and you should be good to go for any cvars that change the game mode to get enacted.