Free AQ2/CS like game - Urbanterror

Talk about your favourite video-games and modifications here.

Moderator: Moderators

MarlPoro
melted

Post by MarlPoro »

Would be a lot better if you could run all the time with sprint speed, without getting fatigued. Same goes with jumping, it shouldn't get you exhausted so easily B/ I just played some CTF at public and it was funnay indeed. Finished 2nd in the last map I played ^^ More tomorrow probably
MarlPoro / Anxiety
Thanks for reading
bail
should have used a smaller gun

Post by bail »

MarlPoro wrote:Would be a lot better if you could run all the time with sprint speed, without getting fatigued. Same goes with jumping, it shouldn't get you exhausted so easily B/ I just played some CTF at public and it was funnay indeed. Finished 2nd in the last map I played ^^ More tomorrow probably
yeah ctf rocks... i like it when i call for medic and someone comes and heal me 8)

when i played SoF2 mp i also played ctf..
bail{UNi}
IBA
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by IBA »

pld it until 2.6 or whatever it was and then something was changed to shit
#quadaver || TEAMS !"§ || http://www.quadaver.de
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

I was actually on the devel team for that mod in the beginning of time (~2000?) but I left when I didn't think it was fun to play the game anymore. The initial idea was that we would have gameplay similar to aq2, but then after some years more and more people that were influenced by CS and other slower games joined the team, and the speed of the game was slowed down to be more "realistic".

Can't really say that I've tried it that much lately, I've been online from time to time, testing what's new, but I must say that it feels alot more like CS with some fancy moves (the ledgegrab and walljump is pretty cool :) ) but overall I'll stick with aq2 :P

Do try it out though, it's a well made mod...
Repsaj
as long as it's salty..

Post by Repsaj »

I've watched that movie u posted here and I must say it doesn't contribute to helping me wanting to play that game. It looks like one big bugshit with all those jumps :/

I've played UT in it's early stage, it was quite cool and I liked it quite much as UT. I just stopped playing because I like aq2 more because its faster. Like I said that movie just makes me think that there are loads of 'bug exploits' in the game and basically makes me not wanting to play the game.
Mauri
is connecting

Post by Mauri »

Like I said on my post, that video you just saw was made in an older version of UrT, which was 3.7. We are currently in 4.0 and 4.1 is about to come out (to correct minor bugs in 4.0).

The game IS much faster now, around 30%, and the bug exploit that you see on that video is impossible to do now. Nevertheless, bug exploiting is, and was, never allowed in competitions.

Just try the game, I doubt you'll be disappointed, but if you do get disappointed, you won't have lost too much time in your life and you can just delete the files :) It's only a small download anyway.

On a side note, I have already noticed a big influx of both players and whole clans from AQ2, RQ3 and CS to UrT, so that's good news :)

See you out there.