L0ki
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by L0ki »

Matiz wrote:Since triggers don't work on text from say or say_team
Oh, isn't it? :?
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

Dunno if you misunderstood the idea L0ki, although yours might be useful, but what the topic is about is triggers to say you have fragged someone, with a "code" in it, to make it highlighted in our clients, so you can easily recognize those frag-messages from the console and quickly know or say how many enemies are left.
About one dying, I believe the best method is mm3, or you ask or you get told, because, I'm not sure, but sometimes the kill message of a teammate isn't printed in every client, or in the server, however it works. But I'm not sure if that's only in unimportant situations or if it really happens, besides, reading the console is always a mess, you know, read it. I prefer to just see a sentence, which I won't read, from the mates alive. Vanilla AQ2 has the radio sounds anyway, you just gotta use them, and if someone reports in, you report in yourself (or say "Yes, sir!"). Dunno how your script would work though, I'm just too lazy to test it, pardon me! Pleeeeease.

And no L0ki, triggers work only on print messages from the server, else it would be as easy as sending in mm2 "%&" to trigger "say_team Hi!" on each mate. And also to make a global-round-frag-count.
(Just got a phonecall of some weather company, it would only have costed me 2 minutes and I could have won 7.000 euros... I believe I'm too lazy to be rich)
Ne quid nimis.
L0ki
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by L0ki »

A sure sure sure, sorry for being slightly off-topic but Omega was refering twice about my precious teammate-down-thingy-"script" which ain't too precious at all.

Ontopic:
It's a very good idea to clearify the kill-messages via colour - this colour possibility is what some players are used from q3 and it's super-useful in certain cases. Go ahead, you have my pro (as an inactive player). :wink:
I simply wasn't refering because I had nothing to add at all. :)
Caracol wrote:About one dying, I believe the best method is mm3
I kinda agree on that one since mm3 is quick 'n easy.
And no L0ki, triggers work only on print messages from the server, else it would be as easy as sending in mm2 "%&" to trigger "say_team Hi!" on each mate. And also to make a global-round-frag-count.
Mhmmm, okay. Kinda disappointing tbh. Is anyone aware why it's like that? To prevent spamming-scripts etc.??
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

I think there's a possibilty of adding that in the next version. Stric and I talked about triggers a while ago and can't remember well.