UK Server?

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

goldblade
hit the ground hard, real hard

UK Server?

Post by goldblade »

Hi all,

Me, Chris (Crayfish) and Rich (Lemming) were talking about starting up a new UK server - probably jolt. I havn't enquired much into it yet but from memory i remember jolt costing around £150 for a year... presumably this could be lower now as q2 doesn't take much to run. C&C Jolt server was a great success when it was running and central europeans pinged very well.

Anyway to the point, would anyone be willing to contribute to it through paypal - every penny counts so to speak. Also as far as setting it up is concerned, I don't know anything about it and i'm not sure Rich does either...

However, i'm sure we could get some other people in on running the server. I know Gazz is a dab hand at that kinda stuff and i'm sure if anyone else is interested in running it we could come to some arrangement.

Any thoughts people?
:D
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

=DA= is a decent public server, don't see the need for a new one. And there's plenty of 'empty' servers around anyway. Voted for no thanks :)
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

Clown is rich and stupid.
Jackestripador
saw the light

Post by Jackestripador »

you guys don't be sellfish, i think that is a good idea and good luck
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

Sadly he does not need luck, he needs money. Money from players who have the need and the use of another server.
If it was only about luck then I would give him 26 and a half.
Ne quid nimis.
suds
melted

Post by suds »

yeah as much as i'd like a uk server, i dont like playing by myself...well not if i have to pay for it :P

if this thread gets really popular....perhaps...for now i ping pretty well on catchgamer and =DA= when its got ppl. (40-50)
emperphis
blew itself up

Post by emperphis »

Wireplay UK Q2 Action [TP] | 194.154.191.3:27920 <- free and easy updatable?

Maintained by me as all other nfsi servers. Feel free to prompt for help if required, I'll be glad to help.
I've god as my lollipop
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

if there were some activity in aq2 and if the server would have been a relatively good one in scandinavia, then i consider chipping in. But when the "scene" is this inactive, and the server is in the UK, no way :).
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

sajh wrote:if there were some activity in aq2 and if the server would have been a relatively good one in scandinavia, then i consider chipping in. But when the "scene" is this inactive, and the server is in the UK, no way :).
This was thread was obviously meant from players from sweden.
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

and it seems it attracted people from norway as well, go figure
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo