Bugs and Tricks in AQ

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Winball
found a way out

Bugs and Tricks in AQ

Post by Winball »

After an astonishing 10 years of actionquake I've discovered a few things.

You can sit down in water
If you're in deep water with M4/kevlar, You can sit down, just as you normally do to get those accurate shots.

Hitbox
Pure ActionMale.

knife
You can drop your knife in the water. It makes a splash sound. Maybe enemies think you jumped in the water?

At the start of every map, players join up teams, Now feel free to drop your knife anywhere, tho you are in free-flying/roaming mode.
If im not wrong this works even if you connect after the game has started. You just need to do it just after you joined up.

bind g "drop Combat Knife"

Try throwing the knife at that cable-car/wagon in Cliff2 when it moves. The knife will get stuck in the air. You can even pick it up, if you manage to reach it .)

Steal weapons from teammates
You just need to punch em! Try bind mouse4 "punch;punch" or something.

Hide behind your kevlar-vest
If you're in no need of your vest anymore, drop it! In some situations you can hide behind it. Teamjungle is an good example if you stay up. But why go up with ssg when it's easier to hit enemies from down-to-up than it is to hit up-to-down.
Last edited by Winball on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuicidaLP
bleeds to death

Post by SuicidaLP »

how can u hide behind ur kevlar? :S
can u gimme ss of it plz?
SuicidaLP
bleeds to death

Post by SuicidaLP »

how can u hide behind ur kevlar? :S
Repsaj
as long as it's salty..

Post by Repsaj »

Tip/Thought:
It seems to me when you are in the air and press crouch, the crouch still takes effect (spread of your weapon fire is deceased). It could also be related to being shot in the air. I am not sure if this is true, not true or maybe even common knowledge.

Tip:
Shooting people, who are falling down, from the ground can make them plumb on the bullets (You have to hit the legs I think). This can have both positive and negative results. Positive you can kill a healthy person (100hp) with 1 legshot who is jumping in water (has happened to me quite often on Cliff2). Negative, you can save someone from plummeting to death by 'smoothly' letting him fall (breaking his fall).

Tip:
A single headshot with a pistol might not kill your opponent (even without bandagebug).

Tip:
A thrown knife is the deadliest weapon in this game. Single head-, chest- (goes through a vest) and stomachhits are 100% kills (not including bandagebug).

Tip:
A thrown knife (not counting grenade because that's not always enabled) is the only weapon that does not travel in a straight line, making them ideal to throw over objects.

Tip:
As Winball already said. Hitboxes, sometimes you can hit an enemy which you don't see anymore.
bliz
A FOOOOOOOOO!!!

Post by bliz »

Huge tip: When you hold down the crouch button on a flat surface (let's say urban!) and point your view at the sky and start running (note: still holding that crouch button!) forth & back/back & forth, then the people who see it will think that you're performing a famous Russian dance! Namely: The Balalaika! It's extremely handy because this will also reduce the hitbox-chance of someone shooting you in the head. Not to forget that your kevlar will be enlarged by 200%.
R.I.P. Double Negative 2005-2008
Winball
found a way out

Post by Winball »

SuicidaLP wrote:how can u hide behind ur kevlar? :S
Winball: can you see me behind the vest?
Winball: look at me
2fast4j00: no
2fast4j00: wher eya at
SuicidaLP
bleeds to death

Post by SuicidaLP »

nice ty man :)
Akuta
joined the game
In-game Name: Akuta

Post by Akuta »

hehehehehehe... :D very clever man! But can't he still hit you if he shoots?

imagine this scene:

you are struggling to get over to the wall to get cover from the evil sniper. You have been shot in the legs and you are struggling to get some cover, at the same time you bandage..you finally manage to get cover..now you are nervous cause you KNOW he will hit you one more time, and are waiting for you to jump out that side wall..you wanna look but you know how good he shoots..he was in sniper 3 god damnit! You try to think of a solution and finally came up with something..

THEN.... (in slowmotion)
you reach the end of the wall..and throw out your kevlar as a lure and hope for your life that the sniper takes your bate..you hear a sniper shot and then you jump out..get your eyes fixed on his location and you see his tiny little head inside the scope..BOOM!

perfect diversion imo
SuicidaLP
bleeds to death

Post by SuicidaLP »

lol akuta =)
what a movie :P
Violent
was flattened

Post by Violent »

Thats iN Flunx's move for real! :)
iN Violent - *die young*
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

Spread your legs, not your tricks.
Ne quid nimis.
minchiano
bleeds to death

Post by minchiano »

Violent wrote:Thats iN Flunx's move for real! :)

Quoted for truth.