AC module suggestion

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

S3ci0r
tried to put the pin back in

AC module suggestion

Post by S3ci0r »

1. I suggest to make a configmenu in voting & ignoring menu which allows players/clans to decide if anticheat should be required (anticheat "2") or should be optional (anticheat "1"). This option should be approved by passing 100%/75% of votes. It would solve the problem for players that don't have anticheat for some reason(s).

Many finnish players don't use anticheat, that's a fact!. Nowadays if some finnish clan plays vs foreign clan and they agreed to play "1 each" and the foreign clan takes catchgamer server (where anticheat is required) and doesn't want to change it to some other (where anticheat is optional or not installed) they have a big problem. In the end both teams are disappointed due to: wasted time on making a deal / match was unfinished / match didn't start. the votable config would eliminate those kind of situations.

2 (if step 1 will be realized). Anticheat optional on every finnish clanwar server, anticheat required on every foreign clanwar server.

Also this get non-ac-players used to anticheat and future forcing it on every server.

What do you think?
Savior
plummets to its death

Post by Savior »

well if we leave the anticheat optional its not going to make them use anticheat if you noticed I think UNI and virasto atleast have anticheat enabled not forced though, if you leave it optional you just dont get it because:
1: your lazy
2: it doesn't "feel" as good as your good old quake maybe u can't have all those nice textures or some settings.
3: makes u lag for some reason..

not that I dont use it but thats probably how they think :(
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

I don't use anticheat why should I get booted off a server because a few people vote?
Savior
plummets to its death

Post by Savior »

fuct wrote:I don't use anticheat why should I get booted off a server because a few people vote?
because u cheat :(
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

Secior, you get more and more stupid as the days goes by.

I had to say that, sorry for the off-topic'ism.

About the topic, that ain't a solution. Do or do not, there is no inbetween (as you can't fuck with monkeys and humans).
Ne quid nimis.
S3ci0r

Post by S3ci0r »

fuct wrote:I don't use anticheat why should I get booted off a server because a few people vote?
Didn't write it but it's suggestion for matchmode servers, not public.

Caracol: it's just a suggestion.
Savior wrote:well if we leave the anticheat optional its not going to make them use anticheat if you noticed I think UNI and virasto atleast have anticheat enabled not forced though, if you leave it optional you just dont get it
anticheat 2 for default setting so only if the opponents agree to make it optional it will be changed by votes (temporarily on match duration).
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Why the fuck wouldn't you want to use anticheat? Does it lag, it doesn't feel the same etc? It was your dog playing as well wasn't it?
S3ci0r

Post by S3ci0r »

yes it does for me. but i use it if someone tells me to do that.
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

S3ci0r wrote: Didn't write it but it's suggestion for matchmode servers, not public.
Fair enough.

AssKick3r wrote:Why the fuck wouldn't you want to use anticheat? Does it lag, it doesn't feel the same etc? It was your dog playing as well wasn't it?
Its there but its not working and for the amount I play I'm not putting any effort into getting it working.

Plus the fact that anyone who would think I was cheating with 13 kills in 20 minutes is just stupid.
minchiano
bleeds to death

Post by minchiano »

13 in 20 you say...

And the fact that all Irish are lazy bastards has nothing to do with this?
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

That 13 was a typo sorry. I meant 58.
Perditus
is connecting

Post by Perditus »

My thoughts from AQ2Suomi.com forum (same main post from Secior):
Perditus wrote:Yes! Oh yes! What a great idea! Yes! AC for the win! It really works! ...NOT!

... Oh well, it kinda works, drops FPS to 6 so why even bother to try cheating because the game is not "playable" anymore. Also appears with ATI drivers, not only nVidia. And like Ruffe said: What about linux users?

So fix your AC, then start thinking about forcing it or even using it somewhere.
At this point, no way.

And no, I'm not only one with this problem.

And IMO this is one more way in "how-to-kill-already-dying-scene" -guide.
When people (which aren't using forums, just playing game) tries to join server and can't connect because of AC, they won't be like "Oh.. AC required. Well.. There is the link where to download it. I gonna do that so I can play!". They will be more like "Aah ffs. Wtf is that? AC required? Oh well, crappy game, never mind, I delete it."
S3ci0r wrote:
Perditus wrote:... Oh well, it kinda works, drops FPS to 6 so why even bother to try cheating because the game is not "playable" anymore. Also appears with ATI drivers, not only nVidia.
rly? i have ati gfx card and no problem with fps. could you tell me what does "drops FPS to 6" mean?
Perditus wrote:And like Ruffe said: What about linux users?
seems you are out of date with some info: http://www.q2admin.net/index.php?i=e
Perditus wrote:And IMO this is one more way in "how-to-kill-already-dying-scene" -guide.
Image... :?
Perditus wrote:
S3ci0r wrote:rly? i have ati gfx card and no problem with fps. could you tell me what does "drops FPS to 6" mean?
Yes, it's about gfx card and gfx card drivers, but my point is that there shouldn't be this kind of "feature" that FPS drops 60 -> 6. Or even a bit. Seems like ACs code sucks if it does that.
S3ci0r wrote:seems you are out of date with some info: http://www.q2admin.net/index.php?i=e
That's not very handy system. Some admin must be adding you on some exception list and then there will be whine about why someone is there and some other isn't etc.

Everything which doesn't work automaticly, is one step more towards to the edge.

I can give you an example. AQ2 Ladders. How many ladders have been there that really have been working? None.
Pe0n
was flattened

Post by Pe0n »

Why just dont force all players to get AC? Then we wont have any problems.

"It lags *buhu*" What ever, then fix so it dosent, i got a computer from -97 and AC dosent lag. :hop:
S3ci0r

Post by S3ci0r »

(14:40:47) (MDVz0r) lol @ because 1.21 doesnt work properly
IBA
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by IBA »

turn ac off ! nearly every 2nd-3rd cw is fucked cause some off the opponnents dont wanna get it for some reason. Better play some cheater than not playing and who can say that its not possible to cheat with ac ?
#quadaver || TEAMS !"§ || http://www.quadaver.de