DECup II

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

chatode
joined the game

DECup II

Post by chatode »

Quite some while ago I discussed with emu about arranging a new Double-Elimination tournament. D-E because the first one was a quite succesful cup with a straightforward layout, at least thats how I remember it. Spring time took the best of me though and it seemed I didn't have the time or motivation to start planning one out.

As nothing came out of the NationsCup -thing and as summer is almost over (at least in Finland) the thought of arranging this cup crossed my mind again. Although I have had bad experiences of cup arranging (mostly because clans go inactive/down O_o) I decided to give it a try. I hope it'll work perfect this time!

I made a new website http://lost.viive.fi/decup2 out of the old ones that are still up'n'running (http://www.decup.prv.pl/). You can find the rules from the new webpages (if there is something you find wrong, please inform about it here, thx) #decup is the channel i guess, though i dont have a bot there or anything..

Clans that I would like to see participating this tournaments are: /pr0, @no1, [e], }i{, <xTr>, =A=, [a], ->eX<-, .CoM, <aC> and Avam' (if gets back from the break), this is of course if these clans are up for the challenge for finishing the cup with style, I'm not taking a clan in if they're not motivated in finishing the tournament. This is just my opinion how we could get an exciting tournament, so dont worry if I didnt mention your clan in my little dumb list (I prob. just forgot). Every clan is free to sign up but IF we have more than 16 willing participants some kinda qualifying method is going to be used.

My opinion is that this shouldn't be done with a hurry so the begin-date of the tournament (if there is even going to be one? :m00:) is very much unknown before all 16 spots are full..

..so sign up here if your clan is interested and share your criticism freely, oh and some help would be great..

PS. Although I asked the permission to arrange this cup from our beloved OFFTOPICMAN-emu (dont know why :bday:) Im sure I wouldnt have started this without the ground effort by him and z0, so of course some credit to norway och sweden too..

Lets get it on
Last edited by chatode on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aka Ode aka katodi
m1ndless
was flattened
In-game Name: m1ndless
Operating System: Windows 7
Processor model/speed: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Memory: 16345 MB
Hard drive: Corsiar 120 GB SSD
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti SLI
Monitor: Benq 24"
Mouse: Steelseries Sensei RAW
Keyboard: Steelseries 6Gv2

Post by m1ndless »

Sounds great! : D
THIS POST IS FOR SALE
skmz
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by skmz »

Sounds promising. We surely need some active stuff going on in Aq2 atm.
PENSIONERAD cat
#AMF @ IRLNet - AMFpension.se[/b]
pattimarka
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by pattimarka »

Splendid! xTr is in!
Savior
plummets to its death

Post by Savior »

great idea I guess... go for it B(
emu
Syndrome of a Down