AQ2 Anticheat Client/Server info, Q2Admin and Repository

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

emperphis
blew itself up

Post by emperphis »

Thanks to Den once more, we have a new domain to link people to!

http://anticheat.aq2world.com
I've god as my lollipop
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

What about adding also normal zip/rar/7z files?
Dunno, I find auto-extracts pretty annoying, and someone who downloads a zip knows where the files go.

But it's cool, congrats on the deed.
I'll see if I finally install the anticheat someday.
Last edited by Caracol on Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ne quid nimis.
emperphis
blew itself up

Post by emperphis »

Program specific file extentions were substituted by this self extractable in order to be more "accessible" for all those that don't know how to work with extracting programs that easily.
Another line of thought is about all those who use other OS diferent from windows that may find this hard to conciliate but there's no point for them this file since it's the least of their problems.. Or they are in the exception list on this same forum and be trustworthy enuf to have everything ok ;)
I've god as my lollipop
emperphis
blew itself up

Post by emperphis »

Today our exception lists are dynamic and final to all european watched servers by the new q2admin project.
The main webpage under http://anticheat.aq2world.com links you to this manually.
This is a client and admin announcement!
I've god as my lollipop
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

If you made the website black on gray to make it harder to read for us oh-so-not-informed players, good job there.
Ne quid nimis.
emperphis
blew itself up

Post by emperphis »

So I see you took this long to report such useful info. I might report that to the webdesigner..
I've god as my lollipop
emperphis
blew itself up

Post by emperphis »

There was also a critical update for the anticheat-hashes.txt file thanks to hifi.
Servers where anticheat is forced HAVE to upload this file where anticheat optional servers are just advised to update.
This update adds original door sounds that come from the original 1.52 installer as well as a null hash value for resdog.pcx.
I've god as my lollipop
emperphis
blew itself up

Post by emperphis »

Information about the repository is available. This is mostly an administrator related announcement.

What is this repository?
Briefly it is a place that when servers have the sv_downloadserver cvar configured to the same address, will allow clients to perform a full http download of files rather an UDP connection oriented communication originally made.
This repository has maps amd mod files, not available for listing purpose so that common clients don't make this website a place to commonly download stuff.

All information will be available under the Q2Admin project website, please visit for more details on files and how to direct you server.

The repository allows as well a standard 3.20 installation from the iD website to connect to a supported server anddown load all the action quake 2 mod files and start palying imediatly. This is not a recomended action for several reasons since the vanilla installation is now past outdated.

Here is the link for the latest information and build of the action quake 2 stand alone installation package.
I've god as my lollipop
Pe0n
was flattened

Post by Pe0n »

When i connect to any cg's it says "kicked becuse male/player/ctf_r.png was modiefied." i cant find the file in my aq2 or somewere else so, pls halp!
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

Pe0n wrote:When i connect to any cg's it says "kicked becuse male/player/ctf_r.png was modiefied." i cant find the file in my aq2 or somewere else so, pls halp!
It's most likely located in one of your .pak files.
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

whereis players/male/player/ctf_r.png
^stric^
minchiano
bleeds to death

Post by minchiano »

Shouldn't be a problem if the AC pak is loaded last, or am I off my trolly again?