Action Quake Online

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

Darksaint wrote:a tutorial mode/map for new players
I could help out here.

I think a good tutorial map should be something between Quake Live and Modern Warfare. Navigation challenges, Weapon challenges and finally a 1vs1 situation against a bot.
Uncle- wrote:One of that are achievements or rewards, accuracy,impressive excellent is not enough. We need funny ones...
I agree. More rewards, statistics fun and also having a achievement system is very welcome. Look at more recent games to see how they spice up public play.

Good to see people are giving suggestions, ideas and feedback. Awesome work Darksaint, keep it up! Hopefully we can all work to extend the life of AQ2. Thumbs up everyone! :bday:
Evilcina
saw the light

Post by Evilcina »

I also see benefits like forcing anticheat with this and an oportunity for key settings interface which is the main problem for new players in aq.There are other oportunities like creating stats,claning system (maybe bnet style), building in chat like mirc style,cw searching, it depends where u wanna take the web-page development.Other than that game itself is perfect just the way it is and we love it! :)
Darksaint
joined the game
In-game Name: Darksaint

Post by Darksaint »

WizardExt wrote:
Darksaint wrote:a tutorial mode/map for new players
I could help out here.

I think a good tutorial map should be something between Quake Live and Modern Warfare. Navigation challenges, Weapon challenges and finally a 1vs1 situation against a bot.
I was thinking similarly, yeah. Moving around a building perhaps, opening doors, jumping small obstacles, climbing fences, taking shots at targets and then a 1v1 with an easymode bot. The whole event can be full of little tooltips that pop up when the player moves into an area or succeeds in a task.
Uncle- wrote:One of that are achievements or rewards, accuracy,impressive excellent is not enough. We need funny ones...
I agree. More rewards, statistics fun and also having a achievement system is very welcome. Look at more recent games to see how they spice up public play.

I like the idea of more rewards/warnings/silly stuff in AQ2, and I've been trying to wrap my head around trying to get Psychostats to parse AQ2 logs for statistics handling, maybe that will be my next mini-project.

Evilcina wrote:I also see benefits like forcing anticheat with this and an oportunity for key settings interface which is the main problem for new players in aq.There are other oportunities like creating stats,claning system (maybe bnet style), building in chat like mirc style,cw searching, it depends where u wanna take the web-page development.Other than that game itself is perfect just the way it is and we love it! :)
Yup that's coming in the next couple versions of the client, setting up key binds in the Options menu, for example: (from the Java client)

Lots of stuff can be done if the interest is there since the source is open and we have great coders from the APRQ2 project and R1CH supplying the excellent anticheat and server code
Evilcina
saw the light

Post by Evilcina »

Yup that's coming in the next couple versions of the client, setting up key binds in the Options menu, for example: (from the Java client)

Lots of stuff can be done if the interest is there since the source is open and we have great coders from the APRQ2 project and R1CH supplying the excellent anticheat and server code
Im not really sure that Maniac is still developing apr tho id love to see his client be used as the main one(celshading)!As for the menu there should be an easy way to setup radiochat triggers and zooming for ssg smth like this:

//sniper rifle
alias L0 "lens 1;sensitivity ${sn};bind c L2;unbind mouse3;echo LENS OUT [ ${sn} ]"
alias L2 "lens 2;sensitivity ${s2x};bind c L0;bind mouse3 L4;echo LENS (2x) [ 2x Zoom - ${s2x} ]"
//Sniper ADD-on
alias L4 "lens 4;sensitivity ${s4x};bind c L2;echo LENS (4x) [ 4x Zoom - ${s4x} ]"

bind c l2
set sn 1.7 // Normal sensitivity
set s2x 1.65 // 2x ZooM sensitivity
set s4x 1.35 // 4x ZooM sensitivity

also some video options wouldnt harm aswell like r_fullbright etc.
SuicidaLP
bleeds to death

Post by SuicidaLP »

weapon binds would be nice too
Vitinho
blew itself up

Post by Vitinho »

KaniZ wrote:
i support that dude...
No we dont, we dont need sounds, we need PEOPLE!
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."