NEW AQ: STANDALONE

The infamous forum of spam and anything unrelated to Action Quake2.

Moderator: Moderators

Fraufenberg
is connecting

NEW AQ: STANDALONE

Post by Fraufenberg »

ive made a standalone based off many sources.
new hud replacement sounds etc.

http://tinyurl.com/aq2standalone

the website was made in 5 minutes, plan to make a nicer site for it as a leisure project.

this might help other people get into the game? :D

--original post edited
Last edited by Fraufenberg on Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Juba
is connecting

Post by Juba »

Replace the TNG 2.81 gamex86.dll with this and see if it works.

Just to ask, which Windows are you using?

Edit: Oh and btw, try these .ctf-configures: http://hifi.iki.fi/quake2/action/tng/ctf/
You can create your own .ctf-configures if you create the .ctf files with Linux - the .dll above has some problems with the way Windows handles line breaks or something like that.

If you are going to make those .ctf-configures just ask me if you need any help.
Juba@QuakeNet
Fraufenberg
is connecting

Post by Fraufenberg »

hey thanks for the help, but youre meant to put it in /action/tng not in action/maps. works well!

by the way, you want to help for the standalone?
i need a small thing done, i dont know how to make CTF flags but.

if you could make flags for hermi.bsp, that would be awesome. its one room with 4 boxes in it should be easy.

upto you :lol: :hop: 8) :shock: :o
Fraufenberg
is connecting

Post by Fraufenberg »

hey nvm i figured it out using notepad and the map :)

my standalone is nearly ready, all that is left is getting the configs to vote off the vote config menu within the game..

any idea how to do this?

i have configs ready and all in a folder with a configlist.ini set with votable options but it doesnt execute

:#:
Juba
is connecting

Post by Juba »

Yes, .ctf-files go to action\tng, sorry I didn't remember to say that.
For example C:\Program Files\AQ2\action\tng\country.ctf

When you start the game, deathmatch is enabled by default. Type this into console to enable ctf:

Code: Select all

ctf 1
Basicly, .ctf-file is a .txt-file with changed filename extension. You can take an example of existing .ctf to make you own. Country is a good example.
[ctf]
type:
normal=Normal ctf.
balanced=Teams switch places at halftime (timelimit 10; teams switch places when you have played 5mins).
offdef=Basicly same as balanced but players get a message, something like "Defend the flag!" or "Steal the enemy flag!" depending on whether they are defeneding or attacking.

offence:
First team to defend (use only when type=offdef)

grapple:
0=no grappling hook
1=normal grappling hook (bind x "use grapple")
2=enchanced grappling hook (Recommended if you want to use grappling hook. Slightly faster than normal).

author & comment: optional, shown in the motd, max 39 characters.

[respwan]
Respawn times in seconds.

[flags]
Flag coordinates (x y z) just like in a .flg file. You can open .flg files with notepad.

[spawns]
Spawn coordinates (x y z) and angle (a) Angle defines the direction you're looking at when you spawn. When making own .ctf files, walk to the place where you want place a spawn (or flag/objective) and type this to get coordinates and angle:

viewpos
[objects]
Floating barrels and platforms. Use coordinates to place them. See Urban .ctf-config.
Edit: If my explanation isn't enough clear, try this. Found it floating on my harddrive.

Edit: Oh, there were two replies. Glad you figured some things out. Do you have the TNG-readme? There is something about configvoting. Get it from here.

use_cvote 1
set configlistname "yourconfiglistname.ini"
By the way, I don't know how to create an .ini file for configvoting. Could you upload your .ini for me? I would like to learn something new too. :)
Juba@QuakeNet
Fraufenberg
is connecting

Post by Fraufenberg »

you just list the name of the configs in there.

if you write teamplay in it it will look for mode_teamplay.cfg in /game/action/

if youre ever confused about settings with your server host it through a dedicated server and check the logs whenever somethings not working and youll figure it out pretty easy.

my standalone is finished.

http://tinyurl.com/aq2standalone/

check it :)

website will be nicer i have a aq2 project here in aus i want to do in a few months time, if you think you can add anything to it im all ears :D
Evilcina
saw the light

Post by Evilcina »

I find this compile better than the one from kweik.com.However we got plenty of this kind of compiles...what aq2 needs is to become like quake2html http://code.google.com/p/quake2-gwt-port/

and warsows funky engine would fit pretty good in aq2.
Fraufenberg
is connecting

Post by Fraufenberg »

yeah aq2 like quake live would be awesome.