Requesting old aq2 movie (^Proto's first one)

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Masa^
sank like a rock
In-game Name: MaxD

Requesting old aq2 movie (^Proto's first one)

Post by Masa^ »

Would anyone happen to have or know where to get ^Proto's first aq2 movie? I mean the one with urban jumping and Jump Around playing in the background, not the one with nightwish playing in the background. :) The ladder one can be found from Action Gear, but the first one cant be found from anywhere. :(

I know it's quite a stretch to expect anyone having it anymore, but I would really appreciate seeing it again after a very long time. I'm sure someone else would too. :)
¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø--{Tm}Masa--ø¤º°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
#aq2world Qnet
minchiano
bleeds to death

Post by minchiano »

Pjoto might have stopped playing but he's still around. If he has it I'll bet he'll link you up.

If we spam he might appear, who knows?

Pjoto?!
Pjoto?!
Pjoto?!
Pjoto?!!!!
ZoRoXo
tripped on its own grenade
In-game Name: Keeent

Post by ZoRoXo »

Didn't he use gravity exploit in the first movie?

and I'm pretty sure I have it on an old hard drive, but it's full of some kind of superduper virus which no anti virus program can do something about
Aka. kK >> Keeent
( ) ( )
(^_^)
(~)(~)
DoDzy
is connecting
In-game Name: DoDzy

Post by DoDzy »

ZoRoXo

Post by ZoRoXo »

the jump on urban from the 4box corner to ontop of the bridge is possible, but not from the direction he starts it from. But you get leg damage from it though. And the one to the middle house is easy to see that it's cheat.
Aka. kK >> Keeent
( ) ( )
(^_^)
(~)(~)
Masa^
sank like a rock

Post by Masa^ »

Thanks for the link DoDzy. I don't really care even if it uses gravity cheats or something, it's just for nostalgic value.

Of course I would still appreciate a link to the original video, youtube video is pretty choppy + no audio + half of the video is missing (I remember it had some fragging also). :)

ZoRoXo: I don't mind some viruses, or does it prevent you from connecting to internet?
#aq2world Qnet
ZoRoXo

Post by ZoRoXo »

yeah, it does prevent me from connecting to the internet :\
Aka. kK >> Keeent
( ) ( )
(^_^)
(~)(~)
KaniZ
is connecting

Post by KaniZ »

Masa^
sank like a rock

Post by Masa^ »

Oh cool, I haven't seen that before. So, no it isn't the one. :)
#aq2world Qnet
Proto
saw the light

Post by Proto »

Hi, ^Proto here :p
Yeah the first jump movie with jump around in the background was just a movie I made a LAN with some friends to show them how badass AQ can be, like in the very beginning when I was just a little shitkid:p
and I used like gravity 850-900 or something on two of the jump, one on urban, with a slide from the tall ladder to one of the crates and to the middle, and one on urban3, with a slide on the angeled roof onto the top spawnpoint.

That movie was never really supossed to be released outside the LAN so I didn't care about the gravity and all, I just thought it looked cool, and we were only like 20 people there so I have no idea how so many people have seen it.

So I hope this clarifyes some of the questions people might have had, as I've gotten these questions allot.
And I have no idea where to find it.

Welcome to Urban should have most of the jumps I know about in them, although some are missing but nothing big. Oh, and there are no gravity-tweaks in Welcome to Urban :p

And I still play every now and then, only I go by a new nick, "donkeyhigh" :)

edit: Wow, just saw Welcome to Urban, the crappy edit made me laugh nearly troughout the whole movie :p
It started good on the urban3 part though.
Plummet is my middle name..
SuicidaLP
bleeds to death

Post by SuicidaLP »

pROOOotoooo

hai.
aztecx
sank like a rock

Post by aztecx »

wow this really brings back memories. I mean fuck I dedicated my jump video to proto because he was the first I ever saw that tried to push the quake physics to the limit.

In saying that though I wish you had of stated that some of the jumps weren't possible because I spent hours upon hours trying them up until the point my muscles had repetitive strain injury.

One day I'm going to go up stairs into the attic and fire up the old computer. On there I had a LOT of jumping videos which I don't think others have ever seen.
SuicidaLP
bleeds to death

Post by SuicidaLP »

even snake's around now, that's great ;p