Unorthodox additions to TC teamplay

Talk about your favourite video-games and modifications here.

Moderator: Moderators

EZTiger
is connecting

Unorthodox additions to TC teamplay

Post by EZTiger »

Was talking with zero last night and I didn't realise that the Western Quake 3 maps from the WQ3 modification can be used quite well with TC, no CTF just FFA or TDM types. Some of these are great for 1 vs 1.

So I downloaded WQ3 and while I was there I saw the Afterwards modification, remember that? It had these great maps. So I downloaded that too, now the total downloading time is daunting for anyone with a modem, but on decent cable you can snag these in no time.

They are not intended for TC play at all but you have some quality Team Play, 1 vs 1 options, with good looking maps (including breaking glass). These are really only for people looking for something else to play, all the maps also come with bot support so can be used in rotation on a server. All of the maps contain abundant climbing opportunities, really fast routes can be learned to get from one side to the next.

Some openings are not designed for the TC sized model, at one point you have to slide through the landing gap and stairs, but I could deal with this vs the fun.

Not happy with this I saw the Full Metal Jacket modification and thought I would give it a whirl. The movement in the maps and how they reflect the TC game have to be considered a lot and not many suited TC but one did fmj_bridge , my own personal recommendation would be a 3 vs 3 with scoped M4A1's x2 Grenades and choice of pistols... head gear optional

On a last note I would like to add that although the original authors of these maps had intended for them to be used with their relevant modifications, all of the above modifications are dead So its just a chance to see other maps with TC that is all. I don't want to get into the whole debate of whether its right or wrong just do not tamper inside any pak files without permission from the author! Also please install the mod first properly into Quake 3 then copy the relevant files over.

That aside here is the relevant links :

Full Metal Jacket Modification

Download: www.planetquake3.net

Files to copy into truecombat folder:

fmj_mappack_1

fmj_mediapak_1

fmj_texturepak_1

Maps

fmj_swamp

fmj_hue_city

fmj_aquatica

fmj_bridge

fmj_invcity

Afterwards Modification

Files to copy into truecombat folder:

aw_pak0

aw_maps0

aw_textures0

Maps

aw_peak

aw_city

aw_crash

aw_snowlab

aw_rocks

aw_stadium

aw_toxic

aw_igi

aw_offshore

aw_frozen

aw_farm

Western Quake 3 Modification

Files / Maps not yet tried.

All the aw_ maps can be played on the TDM server. :rambo:
TrueCombat - Welcome to the Real World!
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

fmj was sweeet :)

played it alot, but sadly it died coz of 1 stupid bug, after every map u get that d/c icon :/ they never fixed it.
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
EZTiger
is connecting

Post by EZTiger »

the bug thing..lol Reminds me of TC in a silly way but not quite as bad but annoying eh.. :D

BANDAGE!
TrueCombat - Welcome to the Real World!