Anime thread

The infamous forum of spam and anything unrelated to Action Quake2.

Moderator: Moderators

Tactics
Pure Evil In a Jar

Post by Tactics »

Proto wrote:One Piece - best series ever! :D
So true! Mugiwara Kaizoku for teh win! \o/
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

nothing reaches Hunter X Hunter to the knees ;\
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
Proto
saw the light

Post by Proto »

HxH is good as hell, but the ending made me kill the neighbour cat.. :rambo: That's just pure evil .. the ending that is..
Plummet is my middle name..
Moose
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by Moose »

Moose{UNi} | http://www.clanunited.org | #clanunited@qnet
United AQ2 Admins | http://mysteryman.z0r.nl/aq2/ | #aq2admins @ qnet
SNiK
plummets to its death

Post by SNiK »

Haur
blew up

Post by Haur »

hahha.. moose I liked that phone call around 21mins.. really made me laugh.. Didn't watch the whole thing tho..

very nice one..!
nufan
brains are on the wall

Post by nufan »

So, where to start.. I have been watching tons off anime since this thread was last alive.. :) So here is some recommendations.. both new and old series!

Death Note
- http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=6592

Plot Summary: Light Yagami (Or Raito) is an ace student with great aspects who's bored out of his mind. One day he finds the Death Note a notebook held by a shinigami (Death God). with the Death Note in hand, Light decides to create a perfect world. A world without crime or criminals. However when criminals start dropping dead one by one, the authorites send the legendary detective L to track down the killer.

mekaza: the plot speak for itself... A brilliant exciting serie with two masterminds in the world trying to catch the other one.. I don't want to write to much.. and do some spoilers.. but the is definitly a must check out.

And also here is some new series that have promesing starts.. Seen all of the first 5-10 epsiode on them all.. and now Im saving up.. So im not going to say much more then to give you the plot and ask you the check them out :)

Busou Renkin
- http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=6601

Plot Summary: One night, Kazuki Muto jumps in to try to save what he thinks is a girl in distress from a monster and instead gets impaled through the heart. The girl, Tokiko, is actually an alchemic warrior with a Busou Renkin, name of Valkerie Skirt, with the mission to exterminate Homunculi. She implants the only other successful work of alchemy than the Homunculus, the Kakugane, to take the place of Kazuki's heart. The Kakugane resonates with his fighting spirit and forms a Busou Renkin (in his case a spear) so he can fight the Homunculus monsters who prey on humans. Kazuki joins with Tokiko to battle with the Homunculi and protect his friends and his sister Mahiro.

Kekkaishi
- http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=6806

Plot Summary: Sumikawa Yoshimori, a 14-year-old junior high school boy, is a descendant of Kekkaishi, or an exterminator of monsters He is vying for the heir to the family with Yumikura Tokine. Tokine is older than him, and she is his childhood friend as well as his rival Kekkaishi. To save people from the crises, and to make himself stronger, Yoshimori fights against monsters tonight, too.

Code Geass
- http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=6704

Plot Summary: The Empire of Britannia has invaded Japan using giant robot weapons called Knightmare Frames. Japan is now referred to as Area 11, and its people the 11's. A Britannian who was living in Japan at the time, Lelouch, vowed to his Japanese friend Suzaku that he'd destroy Britannia. Years later, Lelouch is in high school, but regularly skips out of school to go play chess and gamble on himself. One day, he stumbles on terrorists 11's who've stolen a military secret and is caught by a member of the Britannian task force sent after them, who is Suzaku. As the rest of the squad arrives, Suzaku is shot for disobeying orders, while the military secret, a young girl, gives Lelouch the power of Geass, which makes anyone obey any order. While Suzaku is secretly made the pilot of Britannia's brand new prototype Knightmare, Lancelot, Lelouch becomes the masked knight Zero to lead the rebellion to destroy Britannia once and for all.

Mekaza: Also worth to mention that bleach is done with the filler arc bountos.. and Naruto is back on track after ages next friday o/
That's all for now.
Lotus
killed itself
In-game Name: kk'lok
Mouse: diamondback

Post by Lotus »

Love Hina :rambo:
I pleasure myself, everyday.
>kk'lok
ZoRoXo
tripped on its own grenade
In-game Name: Keeent

Post by ZoRoXo »

1. Bleach (all time favorite)
2. Naruto
3. Rurouni Kenshin
4. Great teacher onizuka
Aka. kK >> Keeent
( ) ( )
(^_^)
(~)(~)
Savior
plummets to its death

Post by Savior »

well ill post some animes that are worth watching.

Tenjou Tenge - Fighting anime/scool thingy, its worth watching tho the end sucks alot.

The Twelve Kingdoms - Its really good the first 1-20 episodes then atleast I got somewhat bored and it didn't really have a good ending either.

Ergo proxy - REALLY nice anime definitely worth watching

Gantz - this anime got an awesome ending and its really unoriginal story line

Mushi-shi - x-files anybody? doesn't really follow any story but its nice anyway.

My Hime - awesome anime, you'll notice later on in the anime it just gets better and better.

Solty Rei - haven't watched the whole serie but the episodes ive watched is good.

gun x sword - good anime, long time since I saw it so can't really remember.

Those are the animes I didn't see u list tho I like alot of those already mentioned :P
bliz
A FOOOOOOOOO!!!

Post by bliz »

Ugh yuck... :P read the manga instead of watching the anime.. it's quite sad that most anime series just manage to completely ruin the awesomeness of a story regarding details that are censored away for the 'common' public. Like Tenjou Tenge, Yakitate! Japan, Gantz, Love Hina etc etc..

The only anime I've seen, without reading the manga, that are actually worthwhile are:

Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Hellsing
Angelic Layer
Lain

Then again, the manga of those anime are probably better as well.. humph
But that's it so far, haven't had the chance to watch nor read anything else :(
R.I.P. Double Negative 2005-2008
Lotus
killed itself
In-game Name: kk'lok
Mouse: diamondback

Post by Lotus »

Give "Grenadier" a try. It's rly cool : ))
I pleasure myself, everyday.
>kk'lok
m1ndless
was flattened
In-game Name: m1ndless
Operating System: Windows 7
Processor model/speed: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Memory: 16345 MB
Hard drive: Corsiar 120 GB SSD
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti SLI
Monitor: Benq 24"
Mouse: Steelseries Sensei RAW
Keyboard: Steelseries 6Gv2

Post by m1ndless »

Bleach, Kenshin, Naruto, Planetes, Grenadier, Dot hack sign
THIS POST IS FOR SALE
Snake
sank like a rock

Post by Snake »

Few different names: Bakuretsu Tenshi, BECK, Gantz 2, Shingetsutan Tsukihime, Noein, Fate/Stay Night, Initial D, etc.
« New Order Clan » proud lifetime member, karasu.01
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

Bleach is in the same category as Dragonball tho not THAT bad. Its easy to like, but in general you know the outcome of everything before it happens. Took Bleach about 30 episodes to get started, and the whole Bount arc (which is not in the manga) destroy all hope of that series ever turning good in some way or another.

Naruto got destroyed by the 100+ fillers (are they done yet ?). Was never gonna get as good as the exam they had, but atleast they where trying.

One Piece has to be the worst anime i've watched of late. I can't really judge it fairly as i watched til that long nosed lying assfuck got into the crew. After I suffered through that part of the anime, I could never watch it again as my blood would boil by the first glance of that embarrassing idiot. He ranks up there with the worst anime characters off all time (well and sound behind all characters of Dragonwank Z)

Hunter X Hunter is by far the best anime series, and the only one i've ever bothered reading the manga to see what happens next. The characters, the arcs, everything is perfect with this. You even tend to like the bad guys alot in this series as they focus on both sides. Lovely.

Hikaru No Go. Defiantly not everyones cup of tea, but one of the more interesting animes i've watched. Basically about the boardgame "Go" and how a guy meets a ghost who helps him play.

Groove Adventure Rave is wank. If you want to see an assembly of villains almost as bad as Dragonball, then this is defiantly the series to watch.
Call me your valentine call me once tonight