One of Blue Vex's passions

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

tyldis
sank like a rock

Post by tyldis »

Dirty_Lobster wrote:
Span wrote:
Den wrote:and what about a buildin stats program? like the irc thing but instead it uploads something to a website.
Not a bad suggestion at all.
All been done before @ Mats Hus av ajaj
url was sprayers.stinker.nu i think.
It was Æstats (http://www.planetquake.com/aeons/aestats/). Had it running at one point too, but back then it was pretty ugly. Might have improved now though. Does not require any code changes as it analyses logfiles.
Down, not across.
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

i'd think the semi-auto akimbos like, one shot on one click, and you could shoot with doubled speed compared to a single m23 on semi-auto (2 m23's on semi-auto shooting at different times :))
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

imeiz wrote:i'd think the semi-auto akimbos like, one shot on one click, and you could shoot with doubled speed compared to a single m23 on semi-auto
Thats exactly how I want it to be. :)
Still, you will have to crouch to get a reasonable spread (with Akimbo Pistols im semi).
Steinar "Blue Vex" Furuli
I snipe with my Pistol, and your Rifle.
Dirty_Lobster
joined the game

Post by Dirty_Lobster »

tyldis wrote:
It was Æstats (http://www.planetquake.com/aeons/aestats/). Had it running at one point too, but back then it was pretty ugly. Might have improved now though. Does not require any code changes as it analyses logfiles.
Ah, finally! now i remember :)
yes. it was ugly.. but neverless lot'sa fun.
aka e min bitch ;)
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

Silencer now boosts Sniper Rifle damage to 320 (from 250). This is 28% increased damage, 8% above what I had suggested. 20% was too low actually. :)
You will now kill people with 100% health if you hit them in the Kevlar Vest/Helmet. They will still survive if you hit them in the legs, only with a bit less health.
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Cool lemme check that out tonight BV. Just put on yer trusty vest and let me shoot you. :)
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
nufan
brains are on the wall

Post by nufan »

errr :(
I can't say that I want the silencer to be so powerfull.

Im like picturing a new aq2world with only ssg+silencer and m4+laser now.
men men
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

nufan wrote:Im like picturing a new aq2world with only ssg+silencer and m4+laser now.
Do snipers ever wear something else than Kevlar Vests? No, never. Don't even try telling me otherwise. :)
When was the last time you hit your sniper in the chest?

Snipers are so used to wearing nothing but Kevlar Vests these days, and this will remain.

Sprayers will use Kevlar Vests aswell. Take cloud for example. Kevlar Vests are superior to Lasersights there. Then in cliff2, Lasersights are superior to Kevlar Vests. Whats the use of having a Sniper + Silencer in cliff2 when people are gonna die from one chest hit anyway? :)
I've tried it, and it adds alot of diversity. The only thing that is hard to balance is the darkness of the skin when using a Silencer.
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

lets get B1 and B2 to B< bombspots!!
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
Span
sank like a rock

Post by Span »

Ok. I've been a bit on the lazyside the past couple of days, so there haven't been many updates lately. Also, I've downloaded and installed a new IDE (Visual Studio C++ 2005 Beta) prior to the old one which was VS.NET 2003. The change required a few adjustments to the compiler settings in order for it to compile the dll properly, so this has also taken some time.

But, I do have one update for you. The damage reduction given by the Kevlar Helmet has been increased to around twice the previous value. You should be able to take 4 [4 hits with the M4, 7 with the mp5] hits to the helmet now, and still survive. The 5th (and 8th) is lethal, of course.

However, I haven't had the time to test out how this works in-game yet, so the value might change on a later notice.

[UPDATE]
This hasn't anything to do with any of our adjustments, actually, but it's worth mentioning :)

I had Blue Vex test the new Kevlar Helmet, when he discovered a rather funny effect. When you snipe a person in the helmet and the person bleeds to death, the client will die an extremely horrible death with gibs splattering all over. Picture a guy standing still, you hit him in the head with your rifle, and after 5 seconds he just explodes. :) funny, eh?

Like I said, it's got nothing to do with the increased level of protection we've added to the Kevlar Helmet. The case is that; whenever someone is hit in the head with a sniper rifle, the q2 client will always throw gibs as long as that hit was the critical hit that killed you, regardless if you bled to death or it killed you instantly.

Well, I thought it was funny, anyhow. :)
"fifan va lätt!"
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Are military helmets really made from kevlar, are they not simply made from steel?
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

I was wondering about this myself, so I locked up. There are indeed helmets made from kevlar.
http://www.sandefjordpaintball.com/airs ... 235324.jpg

That is how I would like to see the Helmet look like. Right now the weapons and items in AQ2 are SWAT style, while the Kevlar Helmet is military style. It's ugly. :)
Span
sank like a rock

Post by Span »

I don't know what substance the norwegian army use in their helmets, but it's definately not steel. But I do believe those helmets are pretty much NATO standards. However, I know they can't stop bullets. They're designed to withstand shrapnels at best.

We never got to test them out properly tho, so what do I know :)
"fifan va lätt!"
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Not the realism is THAT important but now those things can stop multiple bullets? I thought they (the kev. helmets) were gonna be combined with the thigh pads - no need to increase the protection then if you ask me.
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

If two hits from m4 to chest kills you, and one to head, then compared to that, you can hit vest with m4 like 12 times to kill someone, thus helmet should be able to take atleast 4-5 hits before the killing shot..
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer