Gah! Logitech MX700 making me mad!

Forum for anything hard- or software related.

Moderator: Moderators

Insomniac
is connecting

Post by Insomniac »

Da^JuaN wrote:pixmania is pretty expensive for that mouse at least, it costs here in holland via pixmania 79 euro, while i can get it for € 58,82. Dont know if that goes the same for your country, guess not.. since i think you have done some research i suggest ;)
Not as much research as I normally would.
But Pixmania was one of the few online stores I could find it on.

I had taken my brother to PC World hoping to see it there, but no luck. They still wanted £65 for the MX700!
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Andrew as in Andy as in the guy who used to be in my clan?
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Insomniac
is connecting

Post by Insomniac »

Balls! :x

I swear ebuyer didn't turn up anything when I did a search!
Delivery is £4.50 tho, making it £2.50 cheaper and I'd have to wait 7 days. :crazy:

The MX1000 came yesterday, but I was at work and my brother had decided to bugger off somewhere. So I've sent him to collect it today :poke:

ps, who was the Andy question aimed at?
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

You.
I don't know many other British Andrew's in AQ2 other than... Err... Me.
hebereque
is connecting

Post by hebereque »

Also remember to check what special commands you have assigned to the mouse4 and mouse5 buttons in Windows mouse properties.

I've had experiences even with the mouse3 button if it was assigned as "middle button" etc.
HEbereQue^cSu - AQ2Suomi.com creator - www.lahtela.com
Insomniac
is connecting

Post by Insomniac »

Well, the MX1000 has solved the problem, or at least I now know how to deal with it. The logitech software (Setpoint in this case) just needs shut down before I run AQ2.

My brother has the MX700 now and to get Mouse4/5 to work he just shuts down Mouseware I think I might see about writing a little launcher script. I wonder how that'd work with gamespy?

The only problem I'm having now is finding a good sensitivity setting for the MX1000... I'm definately gonna have to streamline my config setup while I'm at it. Sensitivity must be refered to about 20 times throughout 4 files... :oh:

@Clown
Well it depends when Andy was in your clan, I was in a clan years ago (couldn't even tell you the name now) but then my 56k connection went crappy and pretty much killed any idea of online gaming.
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

is the mx1000 any good? does it work better than your previous (mx700) mouse? Do you advice the mx1000 above the mx700?
Tell me some more about your experiences so far :)
Tangerine
is connecting

Post by Tangerine »

I have been using mx1000 for couple weeks now and its working perfectly, several fixes to mx700, it now works at almost any shiny surface i suppose, and the negative acceleration bug is now fixed.

IMO, this is the first cordless mouse worth of buying. So if you are thinking of getting new mouse from logitech mx-series this is the best choice by quality/price.
In this material world, the things you own end up owning you.
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

And can you recommend me a good Mouse with cord? I don't really like cordless ones.

Caracol

PS: By the way, now I have a "Vivanco Optical Mouse"... some cheap crap.
Ne quid nimis.
Insomniac
is connecting

Post by Insomniac »

@Caracol
If your staying corded I think the Logitech MX510 is arguably one of the best.

@Da^JuaN
I'd have to agree with Tangerine's comments. If your buying your first cordless optical mouse get the MX1000. If you've already got a MX700 its still a cracking mouse, but if you demand more (or its started creeping) then upgrade right now.

Some of my opinions and observations on it so far:

The MX1000 is noticably heavier than the MX700, not by much, but enough for me to be able to tell.
I'm not 100% sure about the positioning of the glide pads on the underside, if I rest my hand in a certain position it wobbles like a table with a short leg. Okay, that was a huge exageration, its not that bad (probably only a ¼mm in it) but its every so slightly noticable, and only when my had is resting in a certain way.
It works on nearly anything, or at least its worked on everything I've tried. Although I still haven't done the mirror test yet...
In windows and games the cursor seems to move slower, but then I understand this is a driver related issue as opposed to the mouse...?
Ergonomics-wise its spot on... If your right handed. I know I read a review where they suggested you need big hands to use it, I guess I've got really big hands then cos I find is slightly smaller than the MX700. Maybe its just a subconsious thing tho.
The charging bay is redesigned over the MX700, probably because the MX700 occasionally had problems making a connection unless it was seated just right in the charger. No problems to report with the MX1000 in this regard.
I bought mine from Pixmania, which is a french company. And of course it came with a european plug... DOH! No worries, I've got an adaptor.
It comes with Logitech Setpoint software to provide support for your various buttons. Setpoint looks like it also provides support for logitech wireless keyboards?

Those were just some random things that came to me as I was typing. If anyone has some more specific questions (about the mouse) I'd be glad to help if I can. :wink:
Nozaki
blew up

Post by Nozaki »

hmmm.. reading this makes me want to have that mouse :\ gah... damn money :D
blood inside....
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Caracol, as far as I can tell, most people find this mouse as good as a corded mouse. The only thing people have noticed is a slight lag when it's waking up - like pulling it out of a screensaver. I'm told it's ever so small, and only happens when you haven't been using the mouse. So it shouldn't affect you in games. Well. Maybe me. I'm always dead.
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

The problem I have with cordless mouse is the anoying battery, and I've always used with the cable. So I'm quite an expert managing the cable avoiding "stuck-situation".
And I can't find comfortable to move something so free. I've always had ball mices, and sometimes I see my optical one if the wheels are dirty... So, if I buy a cordless mouse, maybe i take it to the bathroom and take a shower with it.
Thanks anyway... but, by the moment, I'll keep my cheapy crap. I don't have money.

Caracol
Ne quid nimis.
Insomniac
is connecting

Post by Insomniac »

Clown wrote:Caracol, as far as I can tell, most people find this mouse as good as a corded mouse. The only thing people have noticed is a slight lag when it's waking up - like pulling it out of a screensaver. I'm told it's ever so small, and only happens when you haven't been using the mouse. So it shouldn't affect you in games. Well. Maybe me. I'm always dead.
The good thing about the MX1000 is it now has a three stage battery level indicator, I've been using mine heavily for days now without a recharge and the indicator has yet to budge (unless somebody is secretly recharging it whilst I sleep?).

Another good thing about the indicator is that it goes off when the mouse enters sleep mode, meaning you've got forewarning that you'll need to give it a wee shoogle before it comes back to life. But like clown said, its a very small delay.