Fall Classic '04

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Haudrauf
tripped on its own grenade

Post by Haudrauf »

uh, 5on5...
ImageOwner of http://aq2maps.quadaver.org
Not part of #aq2admins for a reason.
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

The international map-list is funny.
I like the idea of big games though, maybe someone can build on that in the future? 8v8 anyone? CTF anyone?
Stumby
is connecting

Post by Stumby »

Just remember to have 6 players 24/7
be the ball
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

Why did u suddenly change it to 6v6 after the signups... We only have 6 members in our clan :P Looks like we gotta recruit some people then.
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

Same with us, we have 5 active people and 1 semi active guy.. hmpf.. we have to recruit more people :o
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

Ringu wrote:When I figure out a way to please everyone you'll be the first to know. Please give me 6-9 maps that are not normally played with "m4/ssg" :) Even if you could find some, I'll bet they wouldn't be quite as 'classic' as the ones currently in the pool. How do you 'pure M4rush' with only one m4?
i know you'd inform me ;P imo, ferron(it's really not that bad to play), museum, tequila, kumanru, actcity3, riot, sludge1, cemal, monastery, even night_r maybe :P it's not all the 'classic ones', but i'd like to play those HL, not ex. c2 :P

the part about 'pure m4rush' and snipers in the boxes, i meant that those would be the most dominant players because of the map, thus tried to gather up some maps where you can own with other weapons too, even against m4's. that's just my quickly made up pool :)
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
Ringu
joined the game

Post by Ringu »

Kurupt wrote:Why did u suddenly change it to 6v6 after the signups... We only have 6 members in our clan :P Looks like we gotta recruit some people then.
A lot of the rules were changed after the initial sign-ups begun. It was suggested by some of the more experienced players that 6vs6 should be the minimum, just to make it interesting. After all, HL matches are more fun with a shitload of players firing away :rambo: I like to emphasize, the rule is for your pleasure only!

To overcome this problem, it is indeed possible for you to play matches 5vs5 if, and only if, both teams agree. 6vs6+ would still be more fun :?
Ringu
joined the game

Post by Ringu »

imeiz wrote:i know you'd inform me ;P imo, ferron(it's really not that bad to play), museum, tequila, kumanru, actcity3, riot, sludge1, cemal, monastery, even night_r maybe :P it's not all the 'classic ones', but i'd like to play those HL, not ex. c2 :P
This time around the tournament was dubbed 'Classic' because of the maplist. If all goes well, and a second tournament is arranged, the maplist might look something like that.

Please don't think I'm trying to dis you :)
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

Ringu wrote:This time around the tournament was dubbed 'Classic' because of the maplist. If all goes well, and a second tournament is arranged, the maplist might look something like that.

Please don't think I'm trying to dis you :)
i'm really trying to! :D but, it was just my opinion, your tournament, you decide :) hope that it'll work out somewhat nicely :)
alekchi
tripped on its own grenade

Post by alekchi »

act3 would be like sniper duel?

RK and the 'yes-men' I love ya :x
I'm sitting down here but hey, you can't see me.
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

alekchi wrote:act3 would be like sniper duel?
i mentioned it 'cos i think that the snipers really couldn't dominate the whole map. the rooms would then be filled with scared sprayers ;D
Royal^
was in the wrong place

Post by Royal^ »

It depends from the players
admin of #DuraWorks - #shoutcastftw - AQ2Suomi.com
Ringu
joined the game

Post by Ringu »

The first clanwars have taken place! StN has taken an early lead in .fi A by defeating both ->eX<- and [Lite]. Keep on fragging ppl :rambo:
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Offtopic, by definition:
Ringu shouldn't you be busy doing other things? :hint, hint:
And the same is true about you two as well, Alekchi and Zakath. I haven't heard from you in ages.

On Topic:
Well you lot have fun. FUN.
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
Ringu
joined the game

Post by Ringu »

n99 wrote:Offtopic, by definition:
Ringu shouldn't you be busy doing other things? :hint, hint:
:D Don't worry man. If you ever get Ringu to promise something, you'll get what you want 8)