Anime thread

The infamous forum of spam and anything unrelated to Action Quake2.

Moderator: Moderators

pauhi
melted

Post by pauhi »

Top-10 series ever IMO:

01) Naruto - AnimeNfo

In a concealed village, a young man hides within a bunch of leaves. His name is Uzumaki Naruto, a mischievous boy attending Ninja Academy.
Everyday, he does nothing but cause mischief and making Iruka-sensei mad. And above all, it's doubtful that he'll be able to graduate from the Academy. But Naruto has a dream... A dream that he'll become the head of the Ninja village, following Hokage and will become the best ninja around.
However, all the adults in the village give Naruto cold looks. The truth is, Naruto has a secret about his birth. 12 years ago, "Kyuubi no Youko" (Nine Tailed Fox - A kind of evil spirit who tormented the village, was sealed within Naruto's body who was, at the time, a baby. The head of the academy, Mizuki, uses Naruto to steal the "Fuujin Scrolls" and makes Naruto understand his past. Naruto is outraged.
Even with Iruka's help, Naruto just barely defeats Mizuki. Knowing Naruto's secret, Iruka knows Naruto will meet someone who'll help him and so, makes a decision. Naruto is allowed to graduate safely from Ninja Academy. Along with his classmates, Uchiha Sasuke and Haruno Sakura together, they make their first step as Ninjas!

02) Hunter x Hunter - AnimeNfo

Gon is a young boy who wants to be a Hunter. There are various types of Hunters in his world, and being a Hunter gives one certain priviliges. Before you can become a Hunter you have to pass a test. Gon seems well on his way to passing this test as he's a very bright lad who is able to communicate with animals. Apparently his father, long believed to be dead, is still alive and was once one of the greatest Hunters in existance. Gon believes he will be able to meet his father once he becomes a Hunter himself.

03) Hellsing - AnimeNfo

Hellsing Agency is a group of fighters that protects Great Britain and the Anglican Church from vampires and ogres. Led by Integra Hellsing, the heiress of the legendary Hellsing Family, the agency sets on the crusade with Alucard, a renegade vampire who fights for humanity.

04) Elfen Lied - AnimeNfo

The diclonius (two-horned human) was a mutant created by humans. It had
horns, and had special ability that could be described as sixth sense. The
mutant's had enough power to exterminate the whole human race. Afraid from their power, they were isolated into the national research facilities to be studied.
However, by an accident, a girl of diclonius broke out of her confinement, killed the guards, and escaped from the laboratory. On her way to escape, she fell into the ocean and drifted to the city of Kamakura. There, she met Kota and Yuka. They named her “Nyu”, and began to live with her.

05) Great Teacher Onizuka - AnimeNfo

Tough on the outside, all heart on the inside, Onizuka turned to the life of a high school teacher for less excitement and action . . .or so he thought. GTO, A.K.A.: Great Teacher Onizuka, is the racy story of Onizuka, a former motorcycle gang member who becomes a teacher to make a difference and... to meet girls? Using his street smarts to deal with colleagues, students and troublemakers, Onizuka finds that he too has many lessons to learn!

06) Flame of Recca - AnimeNfo

Recca Hanabishi is a ninja, but is nearly is killed in an accident. However, a girl named Yanagi heals him with her powers. Later, the two are tracked down by a woman who attacks them. She tells Recca to ignite his flame, but he is clueless. Just as she hurts Yanagi, Recca releases a powerful flame upon the woman. She is excited to see this. It turns out that Recca was a baby, from the Hokage Clan of the past, that was sent to the future in order to escape death. Now, Recca is the leader of the new Hokage Clan who must stop his half brother, Kurei, from kidnapping Yanagi.

07) Fullmetal Alchemist - AnimeNfo

In this world, there exist people with special abilities to manipulate objects and transform those objects into other objects. These people are known as alchemist. However, this manipulation process does not come without cost, as the basic alchemy rules stated that something with equivalent cost is needed to perform the manipulation.
The main character is a famous alchemist named Edward Elric, who loses his little brother Alphonse in an accident. Edward manages to contain his brother's soul in a large piece of armor suit. However, merging the soul and body of the dearly departed comes with great cost, so the two brothers must embark on a journey to find a mysterious power amplifier which can reduce the cost to manipulate objects greatly.

08) Samurai Champloo - AnimeNfo

Fuu, a 15 year-old girl, was working part-time job at teahouse. One day, she met Muegn and Jin. They fought violently, but finally they were arrested and about to be executed. In return for helping them, Fuu asked them to make a promise that they would make a journey with her in order to look for a “Samurai with a scent of sun flower”.

09) Full metal panic 2 (fumoffu) - AnimeNfo

This second installment of Full Metal Panic follows the manga closely. Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu consists of short episodes, taking place mostly in school, with light theme packed with laugh and comedy.
School is supposed to be a peaceful study environment. Not anymore... Just like this morning, Sagara managed to blow up Kaname's shoebox after he suspected that it had been tampered with, when it was actually someone putting a love letter into Kaname's shoebox...

10) One Piece - AnimeNfo

It was a time when pirates ruled the seas. Several bands of pirates were battling over the great hidden treasure, One Piece, which was left by the now legendary pirate captain, G. Roger. There was a young boy who admired the pirates. His name was Luffy. One day, he mistakenly eats the devil's fruit and turns himself into a rubber human being.
Ten years have passed since that incident. Luffy sets out to sail all alone. He sets out to become a great pirate captain and that's when his great adventure begins. I'm going to be the Pirate King! I'm going to get "One Piece!".

Descriptions from the series taken straight from AnimeNfo.com.
Last edited by pauhi on Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
›› pauhi ››
Spill the blood of the fucking lamb
gegoj
tried to put the pin back in

Post by gegoj »

pauhi wrote:08) Samurai Champloo - AnimeNfo
09) Full metal panic 2 (fumoffu) - AnimeNfo
My choice.
Beavisss
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Beavisss »

pauhi wrote:Top-10 series ever IMO:
01) Naruto
03) Hellsing
04) Elfen Lied
05) Great Teacher Onizuka
07) Fullmetal Alchemist
08) Samurai Champloo
My choice :)
Also I like: Gantz, Samurai 7, Berserk, Las Exile and many more. :(
Last edited by Beavisss on Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pauhi
melted

Post by pauhi »

erm!

I had to edit my message away because I couldnt find delete button.
Last edited by pauhi on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
›› pauhi ››
Hazler
plummets to its death

Post by Hazler »

It seems that there are few Narutards here, but anyways, I'll list up some series...

Prince of Tennis
You know, this series rocks. First of all, I didn't actually believe that you could make a magnificient anime about tennis, but I proved it wrong. Ryoma is a high school student from USA who has moved to Japan and joined Seigaku's (his new school) tennis club. It simply rocks, you should see it!

Gunslinger Girl
This is kind of dramatic action style anime. Agency creates one-man-armies from little girls who have lost their parents. Girls are given mechanical bodies etc.. IMO quite interesting anime, take a look at this.

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
The most wonderful anime I've ever seen. Also the first (and the only, at least atm) which has made me cry. Like Moose said, don't let the first few episodes fool you. This is just way too good to be real!

Madlax
Madlax is a 17-year-old girl who works as an assassin and other things. Can't remember too much now since all the episodes got lost a month ago and I hadn't watched it for a while then. But this is great. Many guys say that if you liked Noir, you'll like this. I should check Noir myself, but I'll watch this compeletely first. You should try watching few episodes of this and see if you like it.

Love Hina
Keitaro is a grandson of Hinata-Inn's manager, but since the manager goes on to a vacation, it's Keitaro's job to take care of the inn. Of course, to have some nice comedy, the inn is full of beautiful girls. It's the first time a man lives in the inn, so it's going to be a mess. If you're not interested about the plot, at least take a look because of the beautiful girls. ;)

Well, there are some series I like. There's also Naruto, but it's been hyped all over etc., so it's not necessary to tell about it.
http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/pie.htm
Me like pie!
Random AQ2 kid. © Clown
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

I don't think I know ANY of the series mentioned here, but then again, I'm not that much into it. Can I only post recent stuff here? I liked Ghost in the Shell : SAC and Ninja Scroll.
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
Hazler
plummets to its death

Post by Hazler »

n99 wrote:I don't think I know ANY of the series mentioned here
You've missed too much, be ashamed.
http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/pie.htm
Me like pie!
Random AQ2 kid. © Clown
NeoFight
found a way out

Post by NeoFight »

I downloaded some anime but I lost it because my harddrive crashed :(
But I sure will use this topic too download some good anime stuff :D
Tactics
Pure Evil In a Jar

Post by Tactics »

Humm Humm.
How about Trigun, Bleach, Rurouni Kenshin, Berserk and Initial D? :D

Trigun
No one really knows what the 60 billion dollar-wanted-man named Vash really looks like, only what damage he has been fabled to have caused. Due to over 300 insurance claims filed by the inhabitants of the cities Vash the Stampede has supposedly demolished, the FIA has sent two claims inspectors - Meryl Stryfe & Milly Thompson - to find Vash and investigate / fine him for all the damage he has caused. Now Vash must not only deal with merciless bounty hunters, but hounding insurance companies too in a setting very reminiscent of such American westerns as Bonanza or Gunsmoke.

Bleach
Kurosaki Ichigo is a normal 15-year-old student except he could see ghosts, but his fate changed a lot when he met Kuchiki Rukia, who named herself Death. She appeared in front of him following the ghost called “Hollow”. Hollow attached the spirit of Ichigo who had a strong spiritual power. Rukia came to help him, but because of the serious injury she couldn’t fight the ghost. She made up her mind to share her power of Death to Ichigo. The battles of Ichigo, who happened to get the powers of Death, and Rukia, who had lost her power, has just begun.

Rurouni Kenshin
Ten years after the start of the Meiji Era, a Rurouni wanders into Tokyo to find a new life with his new friends. Vowing never to kill, he tries to escape his fate as the greatest killer of the Edo dynasty.

An old menace threatens the new Meiji Era, the villian is Shishio Makoto, the successor to the Hitokiri Battousai who left mysteriously near the end of the Edo Dynasty on a trek of reflection. Shishio and his Juppon Gatana are ready to start a new revolution to correct the wrong doings of the Western influence.

Berserk
Gatts, an incredibly powerful warrior, is a lone swordsman in a medieval-fantasy world. He loses in a battle with a mysterious swordsman named Griffith, who holds a powerful pendant called the Eye of God. As the story progresses, secrets are revealed and the darkest depths of fantasy combat and political intrigue are explored.

Initial D
Takumi Fujiwara is the son of the owner of a local tofu shop. At night, Fujiwara gets in his souped up AE86 Sprinter Trueno and races on the seldom-used Japanese mountain roads. One night, the Akagi Red Suns team, a racing club, challenges the Akina Speed Stars to a race on the mountain where Fujiwara lives. Keisuke, one of the leaders of the Red Suns, races his legendary Mazda — only to be beaten by the mysterious Fujiwara.

And Initial D would be my personal favourite from these :D
Anime + Driving = OWNED! :bday:
ghoulert
joined the game

Post by ghoulert »

osiris wrote:lol ballhead have you read his post?
he will definitly hate that one :D

Why does the main character have to be a teen who whines about everything
well that is quite common in animes :)
as you liked berserk, try Iria, Record of Lodoss War. maybe Trigun or Hellsing but there are also annoying characters. Scryed is quite cool too and no nerving charakters if i remember right.
I've watched One Piece for ages now, and I dont like whining teens either, but Luffy(main character) does it in such a funny way, that I dont mind at all ;P

My list:
1: HxH
2: PoT
3: One Piece
4:Naruto
5: Get backers

edit: And I agree totally that Naruto is turning into DBZ, just look at the fight between Orichimaru and 3rd Hokage, they had the same position for 20 episodes -_-
cu t_t ^_^;;
pauhi
melted

Post by pauhi »

Tactics wrote: Bleach
Kurosaki Ichigo is a normal 15-year-old student except he could see ghosts, but his fate changed a lot when he met Kuchiki Rukia, who named herself Death. She appeared in front of him following the ghost called “Hollow”. Hollow attached the spirit of Ichigo who had a strong spiritual power. Rukia came to help him, but because of the serious injury she couldn’t fight the ghost. She made up her mind to share her power of Death to Ichigo. The battles of Ichigo, who happened to get the powers of Death, and Rukia, who had lost her power, has just begun.
Sounds interesting, I'll give it a try. (going to edit this post after I've seen few eps).

--edit--

dunno what to say after 2 eps :) this serie is at the middle of the "good" and "average" lines imo.
Last edited by pauhi on Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
›› pauhi ››
Moose
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by Moose »

Hazler wrote: Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
The most wonderful anime I've ever seen. Also the first (and the only, at least atm) which has made me cry.
Yep, atleast I can honestly say that it's the best anime that is based on a hentai game.. it made me really sad too :´(
Moose{UNi} | http://www.clanunited.org | #clanunited@qnet
United AQ2 Admins | http://mysteryman.z0r.nl/aq2/ | #aq2admins @ qnet
aka
tripped on its own grenade

Post by aka »

I have'nt really been into anime(besides silverfang :rambo: ) but my girlfriend and I started watching Naruto some months ago and everytime she's here in my apartment it's the most important thing during the evening(besides sex mebbe...just mebbe ;))

Altho' Silverfang brings me back to my childhood so I'd rank that the best one...even tho' I can imagine other ppl think it sux because it's old and not as glam' as new ones =)
osiris
plummets to its death

Post by osiris »

how many episodes of bleach are out by now?
--- no need for a signature ---
nufan
brains are on the wall

Post by nufan »

only 2