Testing the R1Q2 Client

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Well in NC connect always comes first. As it should be. That's no coincidence, it's plan.
R1CH
joined the game

Post by R1CH »

It's only becuse CL_InitLocal is called after most other subsytems have already registered their commands, and because connect is added after cmd / changing. Alphabetical perhaps? But either way, there is no evidence to suggest this was by design. Hence why r<TAB> brings up rcon, not reconnect as most people would likely be using and i<TAB> throws away your inventory....

The behaviour NC uses is identical to 3.20.
birdie
tried to put the pin back in

Post by birdie »

I've played with r1q2 for quite a while now and I've noticed some bugs that are worth of mentioning.

Strafejumping (strafejump hack won't help me if it's serverside setting)
goes smoothly when jumping around streets and from the roof to another.

But most of the box/double/triple jumps just stucks to the original position, which really causes pain in the ass, atleast in cw's (I could say hundreds of jumps that you just can't do with r1q2 :/)

Secondly, the famous bug in Time (wiz's map) when you're flying around in spectator mode you'll get stuck to some walls and sky.

Unfortunately this bugs remains in r1q2, and makes it alot worse. I got stuck to some walls and boxes while playing, and even worse, these boxes are sometimes invisible! (Electricity box and wooden boxes near the lower corner where you can climb up)

I did some research in Time and noticed that all disappearing brushes are func_walls, so that must be the problem.

I'll hope these will help you, R1CH, to recover missing abilities for such a wonderful project.
When the dove came..
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

I find box jumps and double jumps easier with r1q2, tbh, but then again, I suck ass at jumping.
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

n99 wrote:I find box jumps and double jumps easier with r1q2, tbh, but then again, I suck ass at jumping.

I agree with that but not with last statement :lol:
^stric^
birdie

Post by birdie »

n99 wrote:I find box jumps and double jumps easier with r1q2, tbh, but then again, I suck ass at jumping.
Hmh... do you know any commands that might help in that?

And does cl_maxfps/r_maxfps affect jumping? Atleast I've not noticed that.
When the dove came..
R1CH
joined the game

Post by R1CH »

Jumping is highly reliant on the packets/sec (cl_maxfps) you send in order to perform some of the harder ones. If you play the jump mod, try setting cl_async 0 so that R1Q2 acts like normal Q2 (ie a packet for every frame) and you should find it becomes easier to perform trick jumps with.

Where can I find this "Time" map or what server do you play it on? I've never seen spectator mode ever get stuck before. This sounds awfully like some kind of server/map error though as if you're sending movements but not getting anywhere, that's something on the server stopping you - the client shouldn't really have anything to do with it unless for some reason, sending lower packets/sec allows you to "clip" further inside entities that you wouldn't normally be able to (lower packets/sec = more movement per packet which depending on how the mod works could lead to behaviour that was not intended)
birdie

Post by birdie »

R1CH wrote: try setting cl_async 0

Works alot better, thanks.
R1CH wrote: Where can I find this "Time" map or what server do you play it on?
http://www.lahtela.com/aq2suomi/maps/
When the dove came..
Ringu
joined the game

Post by Ringu »

Is there a way to alter the size of the console characters? I've used gl_scale in the past with AprQ2, but it doesn't seem to be the cvar of choice this time around.

And R1CH: I really think you should think about including gl_coloredlightmaps. It might give an unfair advantage, I know, but both NC and AprQ2 have it. That's what I call unfair ;)

I'm also using the R1GL. The playermodels are way too dark. Is there something I can do about this? gl_modulate is already "3", which has worked well with AprQ2.
Last edited by Ringu on Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Ringu wrote: And R1CH: I really think you should think about including gl_coloredlightmaps. It might give an unfair advantage, I know, but both NC and AprQ2 have it. That's what I call unfair ;)
Besides, the advantage isn't even that great - it's a disadvantage in certain maps even, try shooting the white skins in urban3 with this setting. It's more calm to the eye and it looks better than those horrid purplish yellow lights everywhere.

EDIT:
Also another thing. Is there any valid reason to put r_maxfps on a value lower than you're getting on average. I can imagine that picking a setting that one can always get is preferable to a setting that's only sometimes achieved (read: completely stable render framerate), but I do not know if this assumption is correct.
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
Ringu
joined the game

Post by Ringu »

Had to say goodbye to my tga-hud aswell. The icons are larger than the .pcx-versions. AprQ2 is able to scale them properly, but R1Q2/R1GL -combo doesn't seem to know what to do about them. Icons overlap each other etc.