Holy Water Anti-Cheat

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

slacker
plummets to its death

Post by slacker »

i have sparked huge debates on the australian aq2 community about no-cheat.. yes it is a total piece of shit that does not work. i think NRGizer is right on the money when he said its just a message to say "im probably NOT cheating". unfortunately a lot of people from our community still manage to have the attitude n99 (only not sarcastic).

but i am happy to see no-cheat development being continued. perhaps with enough development it will become a solid solution to cheaters.
Yuhmouth
joined the game

Post by Yuhmouth »

Good client. I liked 8)
ganjaman
was flattened

Post by ganjaman »

let me ask... for who does this client really work ? :S
grover
loses a vital chest organ

Post by grover »

Yuhmouth wrote:Good client. I liked 8)
"Anything too stupid to be said is sung". - Voltaire.
NeoFight
found a way out

Post by NeoFight »

El'ganja wrote:let me ask... for who does this client really work ? :S
It didnt work for me the thing just freaked out and shut down :?
bail
should have used a smaller gun

Post by bail »

i just have to say this, when it is so easy to cheat while using an anticheat client, mm3 really fucks it up cause then we have to play with limechasecam = we cant specc the opponent.
how they hell are we gonna spot cheaters when anticheat clients dont work and limechasecam is on because some clans play with mm3.
so basically you put on limechasecam and say "no speccs" and use your cheats, no one will ever catch you.
bail{UNi}
ganjaman
was flattened

Post by ganjaman »

u got urself a point. there
IBA
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by IBA »

ever heard the command record?
#quadaver || TEAMS !"§ || http://www.quadaver.de
.UncycleD
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by .UncycleD »

The problem with recording is that you often get flamed if you ask someone to record a demo. And when you do ask someone they come up with silly excuses for not recording.

There should be some auto-stuff-record-thingy on all cw-servers to prevent this problem. But I guess this would be difficult or almost impossible to code.
The other option is that everyone records every cw as a rule. And we all know that's never going to happen.
#4056 in z0r.nl
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

My hdd is full! Sorry!!

Think one thing is that some ppl cant dcc cuz of firewalls and stuff, and msn is fecked so it takes ages. Many other reasons also, maybe they got somethind to hide? heh! Anyways, for ppl with sending-problems, www.yousendit.com works just fine. If you can browse the Web, you can use YouSendIt. You simply add up your email (the email will just comfirm you're upload and it also includes the uploaded file-url) on the top, and browse your file and click 'sendit'. Then when the upload is done, the website gives u an url to the file you've uploaded. You can send up to 1 gb if u want, that will be downloadable for 25 downloads, and it will be up for a 7 days or somthing. This isnt the only filesharing website either, many more like Rapidshare and so on, the downloadspeed hasnt been bad for anyone i know either. gl hf etc.
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

I tell you what's more annoying.

Me and Quadaver were in a match with some random people. They had forcelimchasecam 0 on their server, and had substitutes. We go to our server now, and we had forcelimchasecam on. Their sub goes team none... We asked them why chasecam was off on their server, and they told us it was because it made them lag.

Yeah okay.

We need to get rid of the lame shit within AQ2 before we get rid of the cheaters.
I don't give a shit.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Clown wrote: We need to get rid of the lame shit within AQ2 before we get rid of the cheaters.

8)
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
NeoFight
found a way out

Post by NeoFight »

Clown wrote:We need to get rid of the lame shit within AQ2 before we get rid of the cheaters.
Agree :)
IBA
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by IBA »

.UncycleD wrote:The problem with recording is that you often get flamed if you ask someone to record a demo. And when you do ask someone they come up with silly excuses for not recording.

There should be some auto-stuff-record-thingy on all cw-servers to prevent this problem. But I guess this would be difficult or almost impossible to code.
The other option is that everyone records every cw as a rule. And we all know that's never going to happen.
there should be a serverside recorded multiviewdemo, which u could download from the server after the game!
#quadaver || TEAMS !"§ || http://www.quadaver.de
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

there should be a serverside recorded multiviewdemo, which u could download from the server after the game!
Q2Pro has multiviewdemo i think.
:poke: R1CH mabye you can add something for r1q2.
Or mabye AprQ2 8)
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405