Oblivion!

Talk about your favourite video-games and modifications here.

Moderator: Moderators

W1lco
tripped on its own grenade

Post by W1lco »

aq2 ftw O_o
The colourblind
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

W1lco wrote:aq2 ftw O_o
Seriously.. Why reply..
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

my point exactly, too many idiots use this forum
ZoRoXo
tripped on its own grenade
In-game Name: Keeent

Post by ZoRoXo »

cant w8 2 get my hands on this baby :bday: :santa: :D
Aka. kK >> Keeent
( ) ( )
(^_^)
(~)(~)
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Wow. Nice 'Stan' impression.
I don't give a shit.
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

"Hi my name is Stan", what about mine?

couldnt resist sry :)
Tactics
Pure Evil In a Jar

Post by Tactics »

Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

my assassin cuirass in action!

There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Prinsii
was in the wrong place

Post by Prinsii »

haha :P bow sucks, blade and axes ftw :bday:
I never use that armor, light stealth armor :D
Love is the only solution.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Man, i did 52 quests now... its sooo big. I played for 43hrs and there are still tons of things to do. I became a vampire a few days ago and the quests for finding a cure for vampirism is very interesting.

Image Image

Some pics of me being a vampire, you cant walk outside because ur skin will burn and everything looks so bright.
Prinsii
was in the wrong place

Post by Prinsii »

Never tried being a vampire for full, I was for a period, but then I died outside and just loaded a previous save game :D
How's it going with the main quest? :)
Love is the only solution.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Prinsii wrote:Never tried being a vampire for full, I was for a period, but then I died outside and just loaded a previous save game :D
How's it going with the main quest? :)
I still have to find those books :P

cba yet

and we recently discovered that pauhi1111 is also a gook :D
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

I'm tempted to give the fourth installment of this series a go, however, after having played Morrowind quite extensively I would like for those people who play this to either confirm my or dispel my doubts.

You see, in Morrowind, you start off with a base character (race, class) with major / minor skills. The way it worked was, as you use skills, you become better in them. On paper this sounds more logical than putting points in to skills yourself, in order to learn them, but the result didn't turn out as appealing as it seemed. You see, when you play for a long time, you learn all the skills in the game. Cool, perhaps? I think not. In a skill-system like that the further you progress, the less unique your character becomes, as near end game, you will all have similar skills and similar gear (even if its singleplayer, thats not the point).

This kind of gameplay is called convergent and it's really not suited for RPG's, as levelling a character that's set apart and unique is the whole point. Can anyone who has played Oblivion (and preferably Morrowind as well) confirm if the skill-system is still set up like this?

Another issue is the stuff I hear you say quest-wise. I recall Morrowind had assassination guilds, thief guilds, etc, and you could turn into a vampire as well. Is there really an incentive to play a better looking game if the skillsystem is still seriously flawed and they are rehashing the same quest-types?
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

n99 wrote:Is there really an incentive to play a better looking game if the skillsystem is still seriously flawed and they are rehashing the same quest-types?
so why ppl play diablo2? ;)
for most of gamers is always a good thing to play a "new better looking game", even if gametype is old. (coff coff quake and hl series coff coff)
:)

ps:i never played morrowind nor oblivion (wont work on my pooter) but seems that ppl like them.
/me pokes den and Tactics
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

BeAViS wrote:
n99 wrote:Is there really an incentive to play a better looking game if the skillsystem is still seriously flawed and they are rehashing the same quest-types?
so why ppl play diablo2? ;)
for most of gamers is always a good thing to play a "new better looking game", even if gametype is old. (coff coff quake and hl series coff coff)
:)

You misunderstand. Matter of fact, I don't play diablo 2, but when I did, it was because the gameplay was divergent - you pick a class, start more or less the same, and your character becomes more unique as you progress. As for the quake and half life series, I do think half life 2 is a significantly changed game than the original, although not in mechanics. Then again, I didn't believe the hl 1 mechanics were quote-unquote seriously flawed. See what I'm getting at?
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."