DMFLAGS - THE POST

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

mirror
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by mirror »

hm, for me, no doubt, 768 seems fairer as all the spawns get played through. what can be fairer than that solution?

btw, which team gehts through all the spawns? 1 or 2? or is that just random.
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

i to belive that 768 is more fair...

most finnish ppl will argue on this i know, but thats just how i feel.

the spawns are different from 256 and 768 on almost every map. sludge1 is like a complete different map, same goes for urban2,urban3,urban,tokyo and many more maps. om 768 you can build ur tactics out from the spawns, therefor u can do rush tactics, and not random rush tactics which may acure with 256.

i guess kaaos feels the same way about 256 as i do for 768 eh ? :o
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Ey why do teams in sludge1 sometimes spawn so close to eachother? I'm talking about the spawn where one team spawns downstairs and the other outside, next to lava. That's like w00t! cause I'm pretty sure it wasn't like so before.
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

lol? that means if 256 is used there would be the possibility that both teams spawn on the same side in cloud?

Back in 1999, yes.

Btw, THAT WAS SO FREAKIN COOL! :D

nr.1 even tho there are more players\clans\servers in finland does mean this is right ?

I didn't say that. And to answer your question; No it definitely doesn't.

[ontopic]

Isn't the pitspawn a part of cliff2? Let's just make a cliff2 version without that spawn if we don't want to spawn there. This is what I meant by saying that you should learn to live with the bad things about your homemap.

The chance of having disadvantageous spawns is a fact, just as urban3 probably just goes to 12 rounds or that one team is likely to camp on teamjungle.

In spite of that argument I keep my major point clear:

I do not care. (for those fo you who thought I didn't care about this thread, that wasn't what I meant.)

Just as long as everyone else is satisfied and not complaining, I'm satisfied too :)
fell in love with the game
kaaos
blew itself up

Post by kaaos »

emu wrote:i guess kaaos feels the same way about 256 as i do for 768 eh ? :o

i don't mind playing other maps with dmflags 768, it's just that i've used to sludge1 with 256 (and i'm 99% sure where the other team spawns). clans should be able to decide their own dmflags for their own map.
THEIR WHITE FLAGS ARE NO MATCH FOR OUR MACHINEGUNS
mirror

Post by mirror »

hm if the spawns are random, how can you get used to them? :| they cant be 100% random with 256 then.
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

Jazzie wrote:
Note 1: There are more used servers/clans/players in Finland than there is in the rest of Europe.

to come back at this point, i dont think there are more servers in finland than in the rest of europe.

There are ~8, maybe 9 in germany

3 in holland

1 in the uk

4 in norway + the tyldum servers (dont know the number of it)

7 in danmark.

at least 1 in austria

at least 1 in slovenia.

Dont think finland has that much servers, and i think i even forgot servers.
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

used
fell in love with the game
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

Da^JuaN wrote:
Jazzie wrote:
Note 1: There are more used servers/clans/players in Finland than there is in the rest of Europe.

to come back at this point, i dont think there are more servers in finland than in the rest of europe.

There are ~8, maybe 9 in germany

3 in holland

1 in the uk

4 in norway + the tyldum servers (dont know the number of it)

7 in danmark.

at least 1 in austria

at least 1 in slovenia.

Dont think finland has that much servers, and i think i even forgot servers.

http://www.aq2suomi.com/serverit.php

Quite a bunch of servers i'd say :) those arent all of them though..

though the edome clanservers can be subtracted since they arent aq2-servers only :P
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
mirror

Post by mirror »

will this discussion ever end.
Flunx
feels some chest pain
In-game Name: iN Flunx

Post by Flunx »

Hopefully.

dmflags 768 makes most sense to me. All who think different are noobs.

:bday:
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

i like 520093696 :D

but 768 is fine too :P
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Winball
found a way out

Post by Winball »

hyhy, i dont even know,and care what dmflags is,so i dont really care :)

hyhy.

--

Im such a blond guy :) Sexy and stupid.
nufan
brains are on the wall

Post by nufan »

vermin wrote

Yes they will get a "wtf" since spawn farthest works like this: the other team always gets a spawn randomly and it goes like this until all the spawns have been used by this team and then it starts the lottery from the beginning again. The other team always gets the farthest spawn from the spawn which the first team gets. I've been confused many times in urban2 and other maps cos I'm used to 256 but then I played those maps with 768 and the enemy didn't spawn like the way they did before.

but it's still alot easier with 768 tho, since when you spawn you will know the enemy's loaction. cuz their spawn have just 1-2 option.

and with 256 is really hard to get use to cuz it's all random, the enemy have many more spawn point where they can spawn. but i guess it can be alittle "wtf" to both anyway.. :P
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

The best thing is to not know which dmflags are set on the server. I have no idea which are used and I must say it feels neat.