One of Blue Vex's passions

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

JoKi
joined the game

Post by JoKi »

Blue Vex: ssg is loaded with AP bullets too...
AIM FOR THE HEAD

emu: de_dust knive only?
C20H25N3O
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

joki wrote:no need for a silencer, slippers or a bandolier...
I think you sorta missed the whole point dude.

Also, i mainly use mp5 on clanwars.
fell in love with the game
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

de_dust in aq2 is kinda fun if the other clan doesn't camp b1 !!11
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
JoKi
joined the game

Post by JoKi »

jazzie: why changing spray weapon modes or adding stuff...
weapons and items balanced in my opinion. and Vex wishes that new "moddy" stuff :)...

silencer slips and bandolier are senseless in a cw... imho...!
C20H25N3O
Ultiex
is connecting

Post by Ultiex »

yeah, that would have been GREAT emu :(
- trippin'
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

joki wrote:silencer slips and bandolier are senseless in a cw... imho...!
Ok, I'll take it slow, and in big letters.

THE POINT IS TO MAKE THEM USABLE IN A CW.
fell in love with the game
JoKi
joined the game

Post by JoKi »

i know...

you have to change toooo many things in a great game...

why? :m00:
C20H25N3O
JezeT
found a way out
In-game Name: JezeT

Post by JezeT »

no akimbos with laser.....
It's like deja vu all over again...
kaaos
blew itself up

Post by kaaos »

It would also be cool if one had slippers he could jump/fall from little higher without losing energy and breaking legs.
THEIR WHITE FLAGS ARE NO MATCH FOR OUR MACHINEGUNS
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

Blue Vex wrote:I want to remove it mainly because its hardly ever used, as you say, and I do take advantage of the lens cmd's. Thing is, if I'm in 2x with the Sniper Rifle and i press my lens 1 button followed by immediatelly dropping the Rifle, my Pistol gets set to semi-automatic mode. The lens cmd is the reason for it. Since the Pistol always get set once to semi, and not first semi and then back to auto, I want to try and remove the 6x option to see if that solves that problem.
I hope you understood that one. ;)
mm, your pistol doesn't change to semi-auto without a weapon-command.. atleast it shouldn't, but this is q2 with its little own problems ;P
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
Prote
is connecting

Re: One of Blue Vex's passions

Post by Prote »

Firstly, there are few things I disagree with BV:

Why should m3 get an extra fire mode? It is usable in skilled hands and if you can't master it, learn to master it! It does enough damage also in midrange if you are just more clever than the opponent.

Secondly, why shouldn't SSG have 6x zoom? I don't have any problems with lens script (you can see it in my conf file) and I also use 4x somewhat more than 2x in certain maps. 6x comes handy sometimes when playing something like Gap, Teamjungle or Junkke2.

Make knife slashing instant? Not worth it, more damage yes, but no instant slashing or it'd be too powerful.
Also grenades bouncing from the air? Have anything you have thrown ever bounced back from the air? :bday:

Bandolier with 2 unique weapons is too powerful, you choose ssg and m4 and master both, you just rape everyone :|

Ammo loadout shouldn't be touched because you are supposed to hit with them, not spraying them all around on the walls. And besides, you can pick a new weapon from the ground.

And the things I agree/somewhat agree:

MP5/10 SMG should have smaller spread and faster ROF
M3's Flashlight could come handy in places like camping house in cloud as mentioned before :-)
Bouncing of grenades should be reduced little.
Stealth slippers instant weapon changing should make them more useful but they shouldn't cover all noises.

[edit]Forgot about falling on opponent, leg damage reduced but not removed. Kicking opponens weapon away and hurting him(or her), yes[/edit]

Silencer adding 10-15% more damage to SSG, 20% is too much. Also MP5/10's spread reducing when walking is fine idea, at least real SMG's are meant to be useful and accurate when standing/walking. This should make it more useful. And... Double silencers with akimbos! YES! :hop:
Prote [RK]<br />
Clan Riidankylväjät - Walrus company<br />
"What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes."
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

JezeT wrote:no akimbos with laser.....
I guess you're right JezeT. I got that idea from n99, that Akimbo Pistols should work with Silencer and Lasersight. It sounds great, and Akimbo Pistols working with Silencer still does. But as I thought about Akimbo Pistols working Lasersight, I found out its probably going to be a bit much. I added the idea anyhow to see if someone pointed it out. I'll change my wish list accordingly.
kaaos wrote:It would also be cool if one had slippers he could jump/fall from little higher without losing energy and breaking legs.
I've heared that one before, and I've thought about it, but I just dont like it.. :/ It would give the slippers some extra purpose though. I'm looking for something that will give slippers a solid purpose in combat. :)
imeiz wrote:mm, your pistol doesn't change to semi-auto without a weapon-command.. atleast it shouldn't, but this is q2 with its little own problems ;P
You're right, lens shouldnt affect the pistol, but it does.. :) You just gotto be a little bit fast.
Prote wrote:Why should m3 get an extra fire mode? It is usable in skilled hands and if you can't master it, learn to master it!
I did use the M3 alot before, but it lacked. M3 is good in skilled hands, but M4 is better in those same skilled hands.
Prote wrote:It does enough damage also in midrange if you are just more clever than the opponent.
Actually, the spread of the M3 in midrange isnt that good. You CAN get a good spread, but you can also get a bad spread. With M4 you'll be getting that good spread all the time. Midrange for me is for example in Urban, beneeth the windows of the MP5 room, and to the construction yard wall.
Prote wrote:Secondly, why shouldn't SSG have 6x zoom? 6x comes handy sometimes when playing something like Gap, Teamjungle or Junkke2.
This is mostly a personal preference, but I never use 6x. You on the other hand take advantage of it. I mostly want to remove it to see if it solves my "bug". :)
Prote wrote:Make knife slashing instant? Not worth it, more damage yes, but no instant slashing or it'd be too powerful.
The delay when you attack with the knife is horrid, and I dont understand why you want it? With it removed, the knife wont become overpowered. If by "too powerfull" you mean that Quake3 Gauntlet suggestion, I wouldnt refuse that it is a big boost to the knife. Still I wouldnt say that change would make it too powerfull.
Prote wrote:Also grenades bouncing from the air? Have anything you have thrown ever bounced back from the air?
Put it this way. Have you ever thrown a grenade up in the air to see it vanish? I'd rather see the grenades bounce of the sky instead of vanishing into it. Neither is realistic, but vasting a grenade into the sky is less fun than having it bounce of it, imo. :)
Prote wrote:Bandolier with 2 unique weapons is too powerful, you choose ssg and m4 and master both, you just rape everyone
I have to disagree again. Have you ever tried rushing with M4+Bandoiler? You cant just switch to Sniper in the middle of the rush. You have to crouch to hit, and you don't have the Kevlar to protect you. Tbh, you CAN'T rush! Or have you ever tried to fight against a sniper when you've got no Kelvar? The easiest place to hit you is in your chest, which is unprotected. Have you even ever tried sniping without a Kevlar? Sniping without Kevlar is a world of its own. As I see it, if you pick M4+Sniper+Bandoiler, you'll be able to both snipe and spray, but you won't be excellent at either.
Sniper+Kevlar = Hardcore at sniping
M4+Laser/Kevlar = Hardcore at spraying/rushing
M4+Sniper+Bandolier = Medicore at both.
Prote wrote:Ammo loadout shouldn't be touched because you are supposed to hit with them, not spraying them all around on the walls.
Yeah, I guess youre right. I thought about that spraying issue when I added that suggestion. But then again as you say, you can already get a fresh weapon from the ground. As of today, an extra clip + 3-4 weapons from the ground doesn't produce alot of spraying all over the walls. Why should two clips + 3-4 weapons on the ground do?
The main reason for this change is to make the M4 start with less ammo. I suppose giving the M4 0 extra clips to begin with could be possible instead. You would never hear an M4 reload again, and everyone would hate it. :)
Prote wrote:Stealth slippers instant weapon changing should make them more useful but they shouldn't cover all noises.
In my suggestion they cover all reloading noises and any cocking noices from your weapons. They don't cover the noise when you shoot however. :)
Prote wrote:Silencer adding 10-15% more damage to SSG, 20% is too much.
I just want to raise the damage of the Sniper Rifle so much that a Kevlar hit will kill, but a leg shot still wont.

Thanks for your feedback. :)
Last edited by Blue Vex on Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Steinar "Blue Vex" Furuli
I snipe with my Pistol, and your Rifle.
Prote
is connecting

Post by Prote »

I agree with almost every of your points. I also consider mid-range as you do "Midrange for me is for example in Urban, beneeth the windows of the MP5 room, and to the construction yard wall." Grenade issue is not a big thing for me as I don't use them too much in publics, M4 indeed should have 0 extra clips imo for it to be balanced.
With Slippers, I didn't of course mean also shooting sounds :-P

And yes, I confused with knife issues and meant that Q3 Gauntlet part.
Blue Vex wrote:I have to disagree again. Have you ever tried rushing with M4+Bandoiler? You cant just switch to Sniper in the middle of the rush. Or have you ever tried to fight against a sniper when you've got Sniper+Bandolier? Have you ever tried sniping without a kevlar? You're so fragile. As I see it, if you pick M4+Sniper+Bandoiler, you'll be able to both snipe and rush, but you wont be excellent at either.
Sniper+Kevlar = Hardcore at sniping
M4+Laser/Kevlar = Hardcore at rushing
M4+Sniper+Bandolier = Medicore at both.
Well I have tried rushing with M4 + Bandolier, it is rather interesting when doing so. You must hit them first head before they hit you but it is usually worth just using the extra clip and then changing to kevlar - to expect you are still alive :-)
Sniping without kevlar is not a personal problem to me. Silencer or bandolier, have used both. Again just you need to hit first. But that's always the tricky part :-)
Actually I like to use silencer with ssg in certain maps like urban3 (though I rarely play such a horrible map ;-) ).

Anyways, I can see your point and agree with it. We can see kevlar as "teh überitam" because it is as good as extra hp would be. That's why I prefer more laser with m4, not so boring even though m4 is very boring to play in public servers (:p) Just the same old chicken sound:

potpotpotpotpotpotpotpotpot :hop:
Prote [RK]<br />
Clan Riidankylväjät - Walrus company<br />
"What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes."
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

Wouldnt say that the mp5 need any improvements.. ive used it successfully for the last 3 years.. works fine as it is id say
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
tyldis
sank like a rock

Post by tyldis »

One of my ideas is to limit the M4 to one clip, unless you choose bandolier.
The M4 frenzy is one of the main reasons I'm not active anymore.
Down, not across.