One of Blue Vex's passions

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

Thought that.
Anyway... if the silencer increases the damage of mp5 and/or pistol it will be abusive. But maybe other bonuses, like faster firing rate, accurated fire, etc.
Don't really know.

But a silenced M4? No thank you.

Caracol
Ne quid nimis.
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

Stinger wrote:Sniper + Silencer is definitely a viable option with the changes you guys have made. (Regarding kevler shots from a silenced sniper): I'm afraid, though, that the sniper might be too powerful now. Perhaps you should change it so you won't die instantly, but rather bleed to death as if you've been shot in the stomach.
If you use Sniper+Silencer and get hit in the chest by another sniper, you die right away. He will do the same if you hit him. Isn't that okay? :)
Stinger wrote:The Tactical Kevler is interesting, but I'm not sure it will be used, seeing as the chest area is the hit location which is the easiest to hit.
I played some public to see how much I hit chest, head and leg. I found out that if I add head shots and leg shots together I will get a higher number compared to chest shots. This changes all the time ofcourse, but I belive it will work somewhat. Using the Tactical Kevlar properly is a bit different from using Kevlar Vests, just like sniping is different from spraying. :)
Stinger wrote:sg-flashlight: brilliant, but perhaps the area you illuminate should be a wee bit larger - just a thought.
You're right, and it's supposed to be bigger. It's just not completed yet.
Stinger wrote:Reduced mp5 spread. I hardly noticed it
The change shouldn't be noticable in mid-range, only over long distances.
Caracol wrote:In the case the sniper pierces the kevlar I can play a little more aggresive. Trying to take secondary ways and try to get them from the back and "drag them to the grave" (I liked that, Stinger) without me.

And what happens to the pistol and the mp5 with this changes?
Funny you should say the Sniper+Silencer change will give you the ability to be more aggressive. :) Playing as a sniper without Kevlar is kinda scary, because you're so vulnerable. Whenever I snipe I just run straight in without worrying about receiving chest damage. I feel like a tank. :)
The MP5 and Pistol gets increased accuracy.
maGro wrote:Well, i just read bluevex post, some idea sond good, some sound ridiculous. two unique weapons are a really BAD idea... like sniping and switching to hc?
That's not so powerfull, maGro.. :) A few people seem to believe that carrying two weapons = uber good, but it's not. I guess play testing is going to be the only thing that can convince you. You'll see. :)
maGro wrote:First the m4 should be able to use a silencer.
Silencer not working with M4 gives the MP5 an advantage that I want it to have.
Steinar "Blue Vex" Furuli
I snipe with my Pistol, and your Rifle.
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

How 'bout the mp5 rate of fire increase, that coming along or has it been erased from the books?
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

My brother told me that the grenades will be "awesome" if they expode when they hit a player...
What do you think?

Caracol
Ne quid nimis.
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

imo, would be unrealistic, no basic grenade explodes on impact :P and frustrating to throw it and bust yourself/teammate.. i don't like that idea :<
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Back in the days, there actually were grenades that exploded on impact, if I remember correctly. Not that it matters, since I think it would be a very shitty option for the game.
Stinger
joined the game

Post by Stinger »

Blue Vex wrote: If you use Sniper+Silencer and get hit in the chest by another sniper, you die right away. He will do the same if you hit him. Isn't that okay? :)
In this scenario it would be ok, but you forget to see it from a m4+kevlar-, sg+kevlar- and mp5+kevlar-players point of view. They would be considerably worse off having a kevlar compared to having stealth slippers fx. when facing a sniper+silencer.
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

n99 wrote:How 'bout the mp5 rate of fire increase, that coming along or has it been erased from the books?
Span hasn't been able to do it yet. It's coming, but if it sucks, it's going. ;)
My brother told me that the grenades will be "awesome" if they expode when they hit a player...
What do you think?
Q2 grenades explode on impact. AQ2 grenades doesnt. :)
In this scenario it would be ok, but you forget to see it from a m4+kevlar-, sg+kevlar- and mp5+kevlar-players point of view.
I didnt mention it because I thought you would know that M4 and MP5 players can also hit the Sniper in the chest.
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

Hey, flame my brother not me.
And some friend of mine told me that it would be nice if you can leave grenades like "on-touch mines"...

Caracol
Ne quid nimis.
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

Stinger wrote:In this scenario it would be ok, but you forget to see it from a m4+kevlar-, sg+kevlar- and mp5+kevlar-players point of view. They would be considerably worse off having a kevlar compared to having stealth slippers fx. when facing a sniper+silencer.
you said it yourself, it would balance the items, as kevlar no longer would always be the superior item for everyone :P

btw, i noticed one bug when testing. you get hit to your pads:
[20:10:10] Your Thigh Pads absorbed a part of 's shot
then the next thing that gets logged in the console is printed right after that:
[20:10:10] Your Thigh Pads absorbed a part of 's shot[20:10:10] Chest damage
when hitting someone's pads it worked just normally :)
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

There are alot of bugs which I am aware of. It's a little bit sad that someone can actually play this version of the mod right now because there are so many things that dont have any quality. So many bugs and things that are to be changed. :)
Nozaki
blew up

Post by Nozaki »

I've ben without net connection for some time now... but BV, how is this going? and is there any activity on the server?
blood inside....
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Just thought of something, might have been said, cba to read the whole thread to verify that.

If you pick bandolier + weapon + knives, then drop the bandolier and grab another item from the ground, you have 9 more knives than you would normally have?
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

I dont know anything about the server, Nozaki. :)
Atm I'm just waiting for Span to get it going.

n99, yes you will. :)
In AQ2 as it is now, ou will also have 1 extra MP5 magazine if you choose MP5+Bandolier and drop the Bandolier, because the max amount of MP5 magazines you can carry is 2.
impressiVe
found a way out

Post by impressiVe »

very interesting :)
Ohlolol fragged again :/