Doom movie.

The infamous forum of spam and anything unrelated to Action Quake2.

Moderator: Moderators

Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

I saw the normal version, with that "Tornado Spin XL" wrestling move.
That wasn't awesome since I couldn't believe any second of the predators' actuation. It was plane. It was like the disguised dinosaurs in the supermarket, you know there's a guy inside of the costume thinking "I can't believe I'm doing this for money". Same goes for the guy inside the fishernet and the techno-mask.

Please, watch the old predators, look at how the predator moves, the head, the arms, the jumps... they took predator's style and ripped it off to get some money from a commercial plot.
And the games are indeed good, but nothing to do with the movie.
if you want a good plot and a realistic story or whatever, watch reality TV!
With that sentence I lost any respect I could have to you.

C.
Ne quid nimis.
taulutussi
blew up

Post by taulutussi »

OFFTOPIC:
Wtf? AvP has good scenes? Hell no, that film should be thrown into the bottomless pit of shit movies and then anal/ear/noseraped twice.
Gotta knock a little harder...
Alfredo
plummets to its death

Post by Alfredo »

Ive seen the old movies plenty of times, and i love them too.

arg! this is going nowhere, i still disagree with you!

The purpose of AVP-movie was to show those to creatures kick eachother to pieces! and they did it. Thats what I expected from it, and thats what i got!

EDIT: i care very little for your respect.
Last edited by Alfredo on Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The force is with you young Skywalker, But you are not a Jedi Yet
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

Go Alf!
I happen to like pointless movies full of battlescenes too, they rock!
Ofcourse you get dissappointed if you expect some kind of plot, but who on earth needs that?!
A good discussion is like a miniskirt; long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to pertain interest
//Splinter
Alfredo
plummets to its death

Post by Alfredo »

Thanks for the support sovnig, i was beginning to doubt in the aq2scene's taste en action movies.
After all, ouy precious game is based on these kind of movies with random gunfire and tough talk!

but thats my old ass talking.

Thanks again!
The force is with you young Skywalker, But you are not a Jedi Yet
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

brain deads.

AVP sucked donkey balls.
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

Looking forward to see Doom. I'm gonna see it just because it is the movie to the game Doom, and afterwords I'm not gonna call it bad or good, cuz it will still be the movie to the game Doom. That alone is enough for this movie to be special.
Steinar "Blue Vex" Furuli
I snipe with my Pistol, and your Rifle.
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

vex said it
Disza
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by Disza »

8)
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

Saw Doom this easter. Can't say I wanna see it again. :) A bit disapointed that Sarge became evil and that the ending was totaly fucked up. :) Suddenly you see camera angle like an FPS simulation, and monsters starts popping up all over like clowns. Oh well.. *cough*
Steinar "Blue Vex" Furuli
I snipe with my Pistol, and your Rifle.
Proto
saw the light

Post by Proto »

emu wrote:brain deads.

AVP sucked donkey balls.
I sucked donkey balls too.. Nozaki dared me.. Won a buck tho'..
Does that mean I'm brain dead too?

Anyway, AvP was shitty, wtf? Predators are hunters, they hunt alone. In "Predator" the fucker almost killed Arnold FFS! He doesn't need some shitty old hag with a spear to survive. God damn, worst plot ever. Only thing that was remotely fun was the last scene, when the alien popped out of the Predator's stomach.

I found Doom a bit funny. Mostly because of the guy sitting behind me in the theater, he was hiiiigh, high as no man has ever been before.
His friends had to pick him up and lift him to his seat. He got stopped by the guards, but got in anyway.
He was so fucking scared during the whole movie, I just had to laugh out loud.. Seriously, during the FPS scene, he was so into it.. He was like sitting there, making shooting noises and thought he was playing or something, I had a blast just watching him.. Oh, but the movie sucked.. Of course.. But the high-guy was funny as hell :D
Plummet is my middle name..
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

ive seen time ago and i didnt like it that much. i mean:
story is same as game one, exepted for the (bleah) final with sarge becoming mad (?) and killing innocent ppl.
its an "ignorant" film: i mean that when you are watching at you can switch off your brain and you wont miss the storyline at all.
was a light film, but dont impressed me that much and i wont buy the dvd for sure.
cheers :)
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
Haudrauf
tripped on its own grenade

Post by Haudrauf »

Blue Vex wrote:Saw Doom this easter. Can't say I wanna see it again. :) A bit disapointed that Sarge became evil and that the ending was totaly fucked up. :) Suddenly you see camera angle like an FPS simulation, and monsters starts popping up all over like clowns. Oh well.. *cough*
Actually, that was the best scene. And I liked it so much I had to laugh all the time because of the dry humor. ;}
ImageOwner of http://aq2maps.quadaver.org
Not part of #aq2admins for a reason.
W1lco
tripped on its own grenade

Post by W1lco »

Doom suckt ass, though was kinda funny when sum of the items in the movie reminded you of the game itself..
The colourblind